Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Urban Meyer finally stops lying to everyone

I love this imaginary 'wall' around ohio that somehow Desmond Howard, Charles Woodson and countless others found their way over to go to Michigan, Noter Dame, Penn State ....

Perhaps it's a euphemism for Ca$h, cars and free Ink?!

I gotta say I am watching his press conf and he is very polished but I am not all that impressed.

YES! I saw my very first "can't win them all" comment. Fucking toolbags.

Interesting...Urban just said Ohio isnt his dream job but Florida was.

wheels002 said:
I gotta say I am watching his press conf and he is very polished but I am not all that impressed.

Agreed. I watched the whole thing. Then i went to watch hokes press conference and man it was night and day. Urban crier is like a dirty tressel under the facade of a god fearing man -perfect fit for ohio.

Hoke cried he cared and wanted it so bad.he has the Ambition that is needed to win. Meyer seems like a business man who is good at what he does.

Making for some good years of rivalry football

Worst idea ever. Meyer needs that high-stress coaching job about as bad as Ohio needs a coach that had 30 players arrested in 6 years.

silverbullet97 said:
TheVictors03 said:
I know quite a few Ohio* fans who don't want him, don't think he's some great coach and would prefer someone less egocentric.
My reservations are centered around longevity issues.

I doubt Meyer will be a long term hire and that makes me nervous about who will be next. A lot will depend on who his assistants will be. I am also leery of all the arrested players at Florida.

I would not worry as much about the arrested players as I'm worried about the fact he is gone in 3 years. I'm not a huge fan of this hiring but the guy I wanted the most was Tony Dungy. I don't think he was a shot but hey that's who I wanted.

This is going to be great in the next few years. um is on an uptick and is starting to remember that if they want to win they must get guys from Ohio and that the B1G will be a better conference when OSU, Wisc, Neb, and Mich are top ranked teams.

2 "Ohio" friends of mine sent me text meassges almost at the same time yesterday morning stating that it was now official, Urban Meyer was the coach at Ohio state.....no mention of Sat. I told one "you must have mistaken me for someone who gives a fuck" and that seem to hurt his feelings. I told the other "It's official, "Brady Hoke is now the head coach of Michigan as of 11 months ago." He then brings of Richrod...I bring up Cooper and he says "Im not going down the entire coaching history with you." What? Really? Didnt you just text me about Urban Meyer? OSU fans are funny---it only counts when they win and things are going their way.

Red and Guilty said:
Worst idea ever. Meyer needs that high-stress coaching job about as bad as Ohio needs a coach that had 30 players arrested in 6 years.

WOW! 30 players arrested in 6 years. What is the ohio administration thinking? Man, the president and board of regents really need to be replaced! This is no way to clean up your program. Still clinging to the win at all costs mindset.

Was anyone else laughing when Gene Smith was talking? He sounds like an idiot. lol

josh200612 said:
The thing that I hate is that in ALL of his contracts in no order Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio* were in it. At least that's what it said in his book "Urban's Way" by Buddy Ryan which I read. He told his wife Florida was his last stop unless these schools came calling. Trying to say Ohio* is his "dream job" Fuck em.

Yep, its just like when Brian Kelly said that ND was his dream job. Bullshit! We all know his dream job is Michigan, but he'll never get it, especially now that he's getting exposed at ND.

ND will be worse next year...

They should just say, "ONE of my dream jobs"

amajjd said:
silverbullet97 said:
My reservations are centered around longevity issues.

I doubt Meyer will be a long term hire and that makes me nervous about who will be next. A lot will depend on who his assistants will be. I am also leery of all the arrested players at Florida.

I would not worry as much about the arrested players as I'm worried about the fact he is gone in 3 years. I'm not a huge fan of this hiring but the guy I wanted the most was Tony Dungy. I don't think he was a shot but hey that's who I wanted.

This is going to be great in the next few years. um is on an uptick and is starting to remember that if they want to win they must get guys from Ohio and that the B1G will be a better conference when OSU, Wisc, Neb, and Mich are top ranked teams.

Dungy? Hell, why not Gruden?

Hungry said:
josh200612 said:
The thing that I hate is that in ALL of his contracts in no order Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio* were in it. At least that's what it said in his book "Urban's Way" by Buddy Ryan which I read. He told his wife Florida was his last stop unless these schools came calling. Trying to say Ohio* is his "dream job" Fuck em.

Yep, its just like when Brian Kelly said that ND was his dream job. Bullshit! We all know his dream job is Michigan, but he'll never get it, especially now that he's getting exposed at ND.

Is that for real lol? I never knew that.

josh200612 said:
Hungry said:

About Michigan being Brian Kelly's dream job? Yeah, he was all over the place after Lloyd Carr retired, putting his name out there for the MIchigan job. At the time, I was in favor of them bringing him in, but now I am glad they did not.

Well, maybe he hasn't stopped lying to EVERYONE...

"We did talk about the offense he wants to run at Ohio State," he (Brionte Dunn) continued. "He said he's never had the bigger backs like he has at Ohio State, but he's always wanted these types of backs. "

Hungry said:
josh200612 said:

About Michigan being Brian Kelly's dream job? Yeah, he was all over the place after Lloyd Carr retired, putting his name out there for the MIchigan job. At the time, I was in favor of them bringing him in, but now I am glad they did not.

I will admit I wanted Kelly when they hired RR. Not sure if he could have been worse. But I am damn glad we have Hoke now. I really dont think there could be a much better fit.

Hungry said:
amajjd said:

Gruden doesn't seem like he would be a good fit in college football, plus he was a bit over hyped in my opinion by OSU fans. I mean he won 1 super bowl, pissed off his good players and then floated around TB for a few years.

Dungy is a level headed guy that gets the best out of players plus he has ties back in Fla and is a B1G guy. BTW I hate the colts and can't stand PM so that's not why I wanted Dungy.

amajjd said:
Hungry said:

Gruden doesn't seem like he would be a good fit in college football, plus he was a bit over hyped in my opinion by OSU fans. I mean he won 1 super bowl, pissed off his good players and then floated around TB for a few years.

Dungy is a level headed guy that gets the best out of players plus he has ties back in Fla and is a B1G guy. BTW I hate the colts and can't stand PM so that's not why I wanted Dungy.

Gruden is more story than reality. Every big time job that comes open, the fans yell for Gruden. I think its a stretch that Dungy or Gruden ever coach again.

Back