Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Way back machine: Doug Brocail

I remember Brocail, and I remember when we traded him. I remember in 9th grade sitting with a couple of buddies and weighing out the pros and cons of getting Meluskey, Holt, and Cedeno but giving up Ausmus, Brocail, and Nelson Cruz (who I think had some kind of no-runs-given-up streak or something).

That trade did a whole lot of nothing. Ausmus was my favorite player at the time and the only one to autograph the baseball card I sent to him.

I remember Brocail, and I remember when we traded him. I remember in 9th grade sitting with a couple of buddies and weighing out the pros and cons of getting Meluskey, Holt, and Cedeno but giving up Ausmus, Brocail, and Nelson Cruz (who I think had some kind of no-runs-given-up streak or something).

That trade did a whole lot of nothing. Ausmus was my favorite player at the time and the only one to autograph the baseball card I sent to him.

That's cool that Ausmus sign the card you sent him. I'm sure you're happy he's here as a coach, eh?

I was a big Brocail fan. he had some outstanding years here in Detroit.

That's cool that Ausmus sign the card you sent him. I'm sure you're happy he's here as a coach, eh?

I was a big Brocail fan. he had some outstanding years here in Detroit.

Yeah Mitch, it's nice to see Ausmus back again. He should do really well. This upcoming season oughta be a lot of fun given all the change (I liked all of it besides the Fister trade).

wow it makes me feel old when Doug Brocail is "way back"

Back