Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What FA do you want to see fail?

kingofdetroit57

I'm not talking about somebody getting injured or anything like that... just wondering who out of the 2012 free agents, you most want to see pull an Adam Dunn 2.0?

It's a toss up for me between Pujols and Darvish. I went with Pujols because the Angels would be crippled if he didn't succeed there. I like Pujols, Scioscia, and some of their other pieces, but it'd be nice to not have to deal with them as a new AL superpower. I think the Rangers are deep enough where Darvish doesn't matter nearly as much, but I'm getting sick of them too, so I wouldn't cry any tears if he didn't work out for them.

Why do you want to see anyone fail?

Seriously, what the fuck.....

MI_Thumb said:
Why do you want to see anyone fail?

Seriously, what the fuck.....
I think he is going along the lines that if someone else fails it allows the Tigers to win in the playoffs more easily.

He is not mentioning a team though, just FA's.

I want the Tigers to win, but I don't hope for any player to fail, I guess that's just me though.

MI_Thumb said:
He is not mentioning a team though, just FA's.

I want the Tigers to win, but I don't hope for any player to fail, I guess that's just me though.

Same.

Makes no sense really.

Having great players succeed only makes the game better, not sure why anybody wouldn't want that.

Who wants to see an opposing team or player have more success than failure against the Tigers.
I dislike certain players and certain teams. I want to see them have very little success against our Tigers.
I never want to see any opposing team player injured, just fail more often than not when they play our Tigers.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Who wants to see an opposing team or player have more success than failure against the Tigers.
I dislike certain players and certain teams. I want to see them have very little success against our Tigers.
I never want to see any opposing team player injured, just fail more often than not when they play our Tigers.

I guess I should rephrase it.

I don't want say Pujols for example to do bad against the Tigers, I want the Tiger's to do well against him, so you could say yes, I want Albert to K 4 times against Verlander, but because of Verlander, not because of Pujols.

Also, I would never wish what happened to Adam Dunn to happen to anyone, even A.J. who is the player I dislike the most in all of MLB.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Who wants to see an opposing team or player have more success than failure against the Tigers.
That's what I'm getting at. I said in the first post that I wasn't talking injuries or anything like that. I'm talking about seeing a newly signed player laying an egg for their team like Dunn did.

Maize&blue21 said:
CJ Wilson plays for the Angels dude.
My bad on the team... I knew that, but for some reason I had Nationals on the brain after talking baseball with one of my employees in D.C.

the only one i want to fail wherever he signs is oswalt since he turned down a good contract just because we're detroit. i want him to fail BIG, he can go fuck himself.

I have no problem rooting for players to fail.....it's just sports...it's not like I am rooting for them to break a leg or something. I think it would be funny to find out that Pujols is actually 35 and next year he hits .250. That said...I hope Darvish is the one that fails. All that money that the Rangers had to pay just to talk to him...screw him!

This was honestly a tough one for me. I'd love to see Pujols turn out to be much older that thought and leave the Angels standing there with their pants down. Maybe that'd bring a little more sanity and team caution into the free agency mix, which would be better for everybody (except the individual players and agents). I'd also love to see Darvish fail because maybe it would end the hype that surrounds these supposedly great foreign players that spring up every year or two (e.g., Dice-K, Cespedes, etc.). Again, that'd be better for everybody (except the individual players and agents). Cespedes and Oswalt turned us down to some degree, so I can't disagree on wanting to see them stumble either. Ozzie is Ozzie and I've never wanted to see that loud mouth succeed. More than Reyes bombing out, I'd rather see a huge soap opera of egos implode down there. They are hard to root for since they get all the breaks on free agency in every sport because of the weather and night life.

Man, I sound like a bitter old man... I pretty much want to see all of our main competition fail. LOL!

tomdalton22 said:
I have no problem rooting for players to fail.....it's just sports...it's not like I am rooting for them to break a leg or something. I think it would be funny to find out that Pujols is actually 35 and next year he hits .250. That said...I hope Darvish is the one that fails. All that money that the Rangers had to pay just to talk to him...screw him!

Because he's the one responsible for the bidding process the NPL has set up.

kingofdetroit57 said:
This was honestly a tough one for me. I'd love to see Pujols turn out to be much older that thought and leave the Angels standing there with their pants down. Maybe that'd bring a little more sanity and team caution into the free agency mix, which would be better for everybody (except the individual players and agents). I'd also love to see Darvish fail because maybe it would end the hype that surrounds these supposedly great foreign players that spring up every year or two (e.g., Dice-K, Cespedes, etc.). Again, that'd be better for everybody (except the individual players and agents). Cespedes and Oswalt turned us down to some degree, so I can't disagree on wanting to see them stumble either. Ozzie is Ozzie and I've never wanted to see that loud mouth succeed. More than Reyes bombing out, I'd rather see a huge soap opera of egos implode down there. They are hard to root for since they get all the breaks on free agency in every sport because of the weather and night life.

Man, I sound like a bitter old man... I pretty much want to see all of our main competition fail. LOL!

How is that better for everyone?

That would change absolutely nothing.

It might. If Darvish fails after all the "he's a stud waiting to happen", no way he fails kind of thing. And after all the other Dice-K etc eventually money is gonna drop on these future Internationals. Always some joker with the money but these IFA will eventually be part of the draft or won't be signing big time money.

Back