Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

what if

hungry

so ND was delayed 2 hours and then restarted, now its delayed again, and I bet it will be restarted. IF ND were winning, you think they'd call it?

What if Western had been winning? You thnk they would have called the game if it were close or if WMU were winning?

Kind of makes you wonder as you see the ND-South Florida game just being delayed and delayed...

I feel ripped off.

Both coaches have to agree to call a game. Brian Kelly might as well resign if he ever agreed to call a game done before the clock reads zero.

Western was starting to unravel, and UM wastarting to really dominate. I think Western wanted it to be over. ND probably thinks they can pull it out. I think USF will eventually win. CB is scratching his head somewhere.

Honestly, I am sure U of M didn't want to end it. I am sure Coach Hoke wanted to continue to work out some kinks in his O and D. Likewise give some of the young guys some playing time.

The outcome would have been the same, but they probably wouldn't start playing again until now.

Hungry said:
Jever4321 said:
I would have tuned back in.

yep

Yeah, it seemed like the defense and offense just started to make some positive strides. Hopefully they can build on what they did today. Thank God we have coaches who make adjustments throughout the game.

Hungry said:
so ND was delayed 2 hours and then restarted, now its delayed again, and I bet it will be restarted. IF ND were winning, you think they'd call it?

What if Western had been winning? You thnk they would have called the game if it were close or if WMU were winning?

Kind of makes you wonder as you see the ND-South Florida game just being delayed and delayed...

I feel ripped off.

Yeah, I kinda feel unsatisfied - like I missed the "show" I was looking forward to for 7 months. But I would imagine if the game was even remotely close, or we were losing, that we would have waited until 2am or longer to play the rest of the game. I think since ours was pretty well out of reach for WMU that they just decided it was best - rather than risk the safety of the players and fans in a thunderstorm.

You have to remember for the players it's pretty bad to have them cool down and sit for hours and then have them go start in a game again. That could lead to some pretty major injuries.

uofm06marine said:
Hungry said:

Yeah, it seemed like the defense and offense just started to make some positive strides. Hopefully they can build on what they did today. Thank God we have coaches who make adjustments throughout the game.
I'm trying to curb my excitement because it was Western Michigan. It definately feels like we are heading in the right direction. GO BLUE!!!

Jever4321 said:
uofm06marine said:
I'm trying to curb my excitement because it was Western Michigan. It definately feels like we are heading in the right direction. GO BLUE!!!

Don't feel obligated to curb your excitement. Any other fan here can tell you we need something to be excited about after the past 3 seasons.

It may have only been Western, but after a shaky start, both units made adjustments and played some very solid football. The simple fact that the coaching staff showed the ability to make adjustments excites the hell out of me, seeing as things only seemed to get worse the last 3 years when other teams did so and the former coaching staff didn't.

I, like many others, wanted Harbaugh. That said, I'm sold on Brady Hoke. He's put together a great staff, brought in some talent in a few short months, and changed the mentality of this team, bringing toughness and tradition back to Michigan Football in the process.

Be excited, my man.

bphillips4gg said:
Jever4321 said:

Don't feel obligated to curb your excitement. Any other fan here can tell you we need something to be excited about after the past 3 seasons.

It may have only been Western, but after a shaky start, both units made adjustments and played some very solid football. The simple fact that the coaching staff showed the ability to make adjustments excites the hell out of me, seeing as things only seemed to get worse the last 3 years when other teams did so and the former coaching staff didn't.

I, like many others, wanted Harbaugh. That said, I'm sold on Brady Hoke. He's put together a great staff, brought in some talent in a few short months, and changed the mentality of this team, bringing toughness and tradition back to Michigan Football in the process.

Be excited, my man.
Damn good post man. I am pumped about the culture shift back to what Michigan football should be. Tough and talented. We saw some hits today that were just not there under Rodriguez's teams. It was great seeing Mattison on the sidelines making adjustments and finding ways to get pressure on the qb.

What excited me was was they started sending demens after crader. Gave me goosebumps that fianlly we were pressuring the qb in the pocket

azian6er said:
What excited me was was they started sending demens after crader. Gave me goosebumps that fianlly we were pressuring the qb in the pocket
Yep. Linebacker blitz, safety blitz, it was working. Man Kovacs gave that qb a face mask full. That had to hurt.

Back