Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

WHEN we beat the buckeyes

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
...if we get a bcs bowl game at large bid...who do you want? Or...if we don't get the bcs game, what bowl do you want and who do you want to see?

If we get an At Large what Bowl do you think? I'm guessing Fiesta or Orange maybe Sugar lol I don't know but I will be really excited and probably get tickets! I have a feeling whoever wins the Big 12 we will play them.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]I hope we get a chance at an SEC team and show them our " SEC Reject speed ".

as long as it's not Bama. I'll take Arkansas though.

I think we should beat Ohio* first and then go to the Fiesta Bowl!

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Danny Diggler":lgz1pmj9]I hope we get a chance at an SEC team and show them our " SEC Reject speed ".

as long as it's not Bama. I'll take Arkansas though.[/quote:lgz1pmj9]

I can't see Bama getting into the ship based on what we saw in 06.. They don't like rematches, but then again its the SEC... Lame but that's the way it works.. I would feel much more comfortable with Arkansas. Richardson is the most explosive player in college football and would make it a looooong day for us..

Wvu (big east champ).

Super bowl win over the steelers, breaking ohios streak, and shutting wvu fans the fuck up. Would be amazing

michlady77 said:
get real - we are not getting a bcs at large bid

You missed the television broadcast. They were saying that if Michigan beat Nebraska and Ohio*, then they'd be very likely to be in line for a bcs bid.

We shall see.

alonzomoseley said:
This thread is a jinx if I ever saw one. Nice work.

You can't jinx a game until it starts. Proven fact. ;)

How would Michigan get a BCS bid? If 2 B1G teams went wouldn't it be MSU and the Wisc/Penn St. winner? I guess the loser of the B1G Championship game would have 3 losses, but how do you punish a team for playing in that game and rewarding a team that didn't play for it?

JScottWriter said:
How would Michigan get a BCS bid? If 2 B1G teams went wouldn't it be MSU and the Wisc/Penn St. winner? I guess the loser of the B1G Championship game would have 3 losses, but how do you punish a team for playing in that game and rewarding a team that didn't play for it?

well, MSU better beat NW before they think about losing against UW and still making the bcs...just like Michigan needs to beat Ohio*

I was just asking how that would work. Both teams need to win next week to have a chance for a BCS bid. I could see them give it to Michigan because the BCS is always a mess every year.

JScottWriter said:

because that is how the flawed bowl system works. they are only required to take the winner. and then anyone that is ranked a certain rank, i think top 12 bcs, can get an at large bid. they normally take the higher ranked team if they feel they will bring a crowd. if michigan beats ohio* and msu loses to wisc, they will be ranked higher. and since they will bring more fans they will go to a bcs over msu.

I can see them giving it to Michigan just like they rank Notre Dame every year.

It's not about slotting teams based on wins/losses. It's about bowls getting to choose the teams to which they will extend invitations.

JScottWriter said:

You new to college football?

Back