Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Who has impressed you most this year?

mcgreavster

For me-

Jake Ryan
Vincent Smith
Hawthorne played pretty good too.

Also, Countess played solid today too.

Jeremy Gallon. He was an afterthought last year. This year he's made some of the biggest plays of this young season.

The entire DL has impressed me. Obviously they're still getting gashed a lot of the time, but when it comes to obvious running downs, they get a good push and stuff the opposing offense most of the time.

Can't not mention Kovacs. He hasn't looked like a walk-on who is the only option. He's looked like he deserves to be starting.

bphillips4gg said:
Can't not mention Kovacs. He hasn't looked like a walk-on who is the only option. He's looked like he deserves to be starting.

??? Really? He was one of two bright spots on the D last season. Dude has been a player. Not a big surprise at all.

I would have to say that not a single player has consistently impressed me enough to write down.

Kovacs.....He's just a flat out good football player, is most impressive for me. Jake Ryan will be really good at the end of the season if he keeps getting the reps.

The Defensive improvement as a whole. If you go back and look at how absolutely bad they were last year compared to this year it is a huge turn around. Lot's of players have contributed it. Granted though we haven't hit B1G play.

Kovacs the kid is all over the field, Jake Ryan he is going to have a huge career at U of M and I am a big Gallon fan

Gallon for sure...I wanted to punch him square in the face all year last year. Kovacs has changed my mind, as I thought he was just someone who played with heart and no real talent to speak of before. Then as was said, the defense. So far they have improved if for no other reason than they haven't given up a trillion points yet. And, I know this is a thread about those who have impressed but the biggest disappointment so far is Hopkins for me. He is a big, slow, fumbling turd.

Back