Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Whoah ESPN board

dubbsco

I know this was brought up before, but the Michigan ESPN board is a disgrace to mankind now. Very robust.

It's almost unbelievable, hundreds of regular posters all gone.

and about a hundred lurkers here. I think i'm going to start deleting people with less than 5 posts.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]and about a hundred lurkers here. I think i'm going to start deleting people with less than 5 posts.

Good, lurkers lead to trolls.

By the way, was DrMagician a troll or just an idiot? Because he was asking for a link.

I thought there were maybe two dozen real posters... I assumed everyone else was either a troll, or someone screwing with us who had multiple logins.

I consider DrMagician part of the latter group

theo said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]and about a hundred lurkers here. I think i'm going to start deleting people with less than 5 posts.

By the way, was DrMagician a troll or just an idiot? Because he was asking for a link.

He's a troll in my eyes.

Monster, dont delete the lurkers, as former lurker myself, i came to the boards to get team news from KC's threads, recruting info, trade news, etc,.... Not all lurkers are bad....

I wonder if other teams/states have boycotted ESPNs boards like Michigan/Detroit fans have and if ESPN really even gives a fuck or even notices. just as long as the Yankees/Sox fans stay im sure they couldnt care less...

doinwork83 said:
Monster, dont delete the lurkers, as former lurker myself, i came to the boards to get team news from KC's threads, recruting info, trade news, etc,.... Not all lurkers are bad....

Speaking as someone who lurks more than posts, I agree 100%. A good chunk of people appreciate the summaries and news updates but don't necessarily have the time to carve out their own niche and rack up thousands of posts...

newton83 said:
doinwork83 said:

Speaking as someone who lurks more than posts, I agree 100%. A good chunk of people appreciate the summaries and news updates but don't necessarily have the time to carve out their own niche and rack up thousands of posts...

But I find it helps relieve some of the "Fan Stress"

theo said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

Completely disagree! I don't really make a lot of posts and I am not a troll.

I don't usually post anything until football season rolls around, and for the last two seasons I've been stuck at work during UM's games, so I haven't been able to comment during the live broadcasts like I used to. And I've never lurked with intent to troll because I don't see the point of doing so.

I think we all miss Dinky a little bit though, he/she was always good for a laugh or two and then FLAME ON

newton83 said:
doinwork83 said:

Yet you have more than 5 posts, so you'd be ok

I don't think its too hard to get 5 posts...

Back