Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

why are we picking below ATL?

mhughes0021

Saw the draft list post divional round and they have us drafting 23rd after ATL? How is it they win the tie breaker to be a higher seed than us and then we draft below them lol? Sounds like dumb rules to me!

Is it SoS?

mhughes0021 said:
Saw the draft list post divional round and they have us drafting 23rd after ATL? How is it they win the tie breaker to be a higher seed than us and then we draft below them lol? Sounds like dumb rules to me!

Is it SoS?

I think it is SoS when it comes to the draft and head to head as 1st tie breakers for play off seeds.

SLICK said:
mhughes0021 said:

Is it SoS?

I think it is SoS when it comes to the draft and head to head as 1st tie breakers for play off seeds.

Calling Adam Schefter now to complain. If you get knocked out in the same round should go by seed for the draft.

Nope. Pretty sure that draft order is based on record then SOS for picks 1-30. Only the 2 teams in the Superbowl get moved down.

applegam said:
Nope. Pretty sure that draft order is based on record then SOS for picks 1-30. Only the 2 teams in the Superbowl get moved down.

no that rule got changed the year san diego went far in the playoffs with their like 8-8 record. That rule only applies to non playoff teams. If you make it passed the wild card round you now automatically draft later that the non playoff teams and the wild card losers.

Apparently the playoff loser still get slotted into the draft by SoS as discussed here with ATL/DET.....i think itd be more fair to go by seed since ATL had the better seed than us in the playoffs then we should pick before them.

The draft order is

1-20 Non-playoff teams
21-24 One and dones
25-28 Div round exits
29-30 Conference champ losers
31 SB loser
32 SB winner

The tiebreakers for each tier are Record > SoS > Division/Conference records > whatever else > coin flip

Back