Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Yankees

tazmac

I was looking at the standings and noticed we are only 5 and half games behind them. Does anyone think we can catch them and then pass them to capture home field through out the playoffs? Also we are only 3 games behind Boston right now too.

Most likely not but they do have a much more difficult schedule. Though I can see us easily finishing with 95 wins so it's possible.

I don't think we will catch them. We are playing great but they are playing well too. If they go 10-9 in their last 19 games, we have to go 15-3 to tie them. I don't know who holds the tie breaker between the two. While I think it is possible, I think it is very unlikely.

Yeah, the Yankees were playing very well, until they hit the 3 game losing streak that they are currently riding. The Yankees have a very difficult schedule the rest of the way. While I think it is a long shot for us to pass them, I think it is very possible. Our schedule is as cupcake as it gets the rest of the way.

How can you say its a long shot, but VERY possible. Don't they kind of contradict each other :)

Back