Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ill vs MSU

This team showed some promise early in the season. But unlike most Izzo teams, it doesn't appear to be getting better as the season progresses. The way they choke games away at the FT line is getting ridiculous, even the so-called better shooters.

So sbee, still think uofm had no business being in a game late with us? Illinois had three of their best players hurt or suspended - started 3 sophomores, a freshman and a senior and beat us in our own arena.

There isn't a team in the B1G that has no business being in a game late with us. Will you finally admit that this team is no good or is the team that beat IU still the real MSU? If so, this has to be a single season record for "anomalies"...

Last edited:
I think Izzo has to start Tum Tum. Trice has been atrocious on both ends of the floor. It's really hard watching this team play in the half court, they need to run as much as possible and Tum Tum thrives in that kind of offense. And that fixes Izzos problem of not having a scorer on the bench. It just makes sense, at least to me.

I think Izzo has to start Tum Tum. Trice has been atrocious on both ends of the floor. It's really hard watching this team play in the half court, they need to run as much as possible and Tum Tum thrives in that kind of offense. And that fixes Izzos problem of not having a scorer on the bench. It just makes sense, at least to me.

He absolutely should - it's all about next year at this point. It's obvious that making the tournament is the ceiling for this team but it's no longer looking more likely than not that they will. And I'm not convinced that the effort to maybe make the tourney and lose in the first round is worth the risk of setting the team back for next year by not playing Nairns more. Trice stinks and he's gone anyway. Deyonta Davis is not going to come in and turn this team around - we need next year's backcourt to have as much experience as possible. Plus, Nairns may actually give us a better shot at making the tournament than Trice does.

Last edited:
He absolutely should - it's all about next year at this point. It's obvious that making the tournament is the ceiling for this team but it's no longer looking more likely than not that they will. And I'm not convinced that the effort to maybe make the tourney and lose in the first round is worth the risk of setting the team back for next year by not playing Nairns more. Trice stinks and he's gone anyway. Deyonta Davis is not going to come in and turn this team around - we need next year's backcourt to have as much experience as possible. Plus, Nairns may actually give us a better shot at making the tournament than Trice does.

Eron Harris is a stud and has been playing the point in practice all year. I he had been allowed to play this year he would have been our best player. He'll play the 1 and the 2 next year. Very similar player to Gary Harris. So we should be better next year, how much better? Who knows.

did illinois even have any business being in this game?

Absolutely, they deserved to win it. Excellent defense all game and they kept us off the glass. They made some clutch shots and outplayed us.

I think Izzo is practicing too hard, we have dead legs. FTs could be mental, but we're missing wide open 3 after wide open 3. Just goes to show how hard it is to make the tourney 17 years in a row.

So sbee, still think uofm had no business being in a game late with us? Illinois had three of their best players hurt or suspended - started 3 sophomores, a freshman and a senior and beat us in our own arena.

There isn't a team in the B1G that has no business being in a game late with us. Will you finally admit that this team is no good or is the team that beat IU still the real MSU? If so, this has to be a single season record for "anomalies"...
fuck you mack, you're a huge prick. You say you're a MSU fan but you love to gloat and rub it in when we lose because you're such an asshole.

Like I said before, this team isn't great, I said their ceiling was top 3 in in the big ten. Someone will win 12 or 13 and come in second, I thought we had a shot at that. Less likely now. I guess you only pay attention to the games we struggle in. OSU got swept by iowa, PSU played Maryland tight at home, Michigan got pounded by iowa. Shit happens, there are a bunch of flawed teams fighting for 2nd.

Last edited:
fuck you mack, you're a huge prick. You say you're a MSU fan but you love to gloat and rub it in when we lose because you're such an asshole.

Like I said before, this team isn't great, I said their ceiling was top 3 in in the big ten. Someone will win 12 or 13 and come in second, I thought we had a shot at that. Less likely now. I guess you only pay attention to the games we struggle in. OSU got swept by iowa, PSU played Maryland tight at home, Michigan got pounded by iowa. Shit happens, there are a bunch of flawed teams fighting for 2nd.

Ill have to say ive always admired your optimism dating way back to the early to mid 2000s on the ESPN board. Most are easily thrown into a negative mindset (including me) whether its a curveball in life or a bad game. Youve remained positive in nearly every situation.. :tup:

Last edited:
Ill have to say ive always admired your optimism dating way back to the early to mid 2000s on the ESPN board. Most are easily thrown into a negative mindset (including me) whether its a curveball in life or a bad game. Youve remained positive in nearly every situation.. :tup:

I wouldn't say I was optimistic, saying a team that went 6-3 halfway through the big ten season could possibly win 12 games. I don't see that as a stretch at all, Mack just wants to rip on our team but ignore all the faults of the other teams in the conference. There are a lot of teams that have bad losses and wins that were less than impressive, hell, win on tuesday we're back in a tie for second

Blow me. I am a huge MSU fan. I'm just not a fucking idiot. I pay attention to all the games and there are way more like this than there are like the IU game. What difference does it make that osu got swept by Iowa? We got swept by Maryland and they just lost badly to Iowa. And I'm not gloating. I've been saying the same thing all year long and I've been right but you've been coming on here like the condescending prick you are week in and week out explaining how I'm wrong and giving a bunch of bull shit excuses for why this team is better than their record. They're not and by now that should be clear even to blind homer shitheads like you. Suck it up and admit you're wrong you pussy.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say I was optimistic, saying a team that went 6-3 halfway through the big ten season could possibly win 12 games. I don't see that as a stretch at all, Mack just wants to rip on our team but ignore all the faults of the other teams in the conference. There are a lot of teams that have bad losses and wins that were less than impressive, hell, win on tuesday we're back in a tie for second

Fuck you you lying pice of shit. You and Johnny were on here giving the team the full blow job at the start of the conference season talking about what a great jump shooting team this is, time to "get bullish on the Spartans" yada, yada, yada. Even last week you were saying uofm had no business being in the game late with us. Now you're saying your expectations were tempered.

And get one thing straight asshole, I'm not here ripping on the team - I'm ripping ON YOU because you're an asshole who can't admit he's wrong.

Last edited:
Blow me. I am a huge MSU fan. I'm just not a fucking idiot. I pay attention to all the games and there are way more like this than there are like the IU game. What fucking difference does it make that osu got swept by Iowa? We got swept by Maryland and they just lost badly to Iowa. And I'm not gloating. I've been saying the same thing all year long and I've been right but your dumbass has been coming on here like the condescending prick you are week in and week out explaining how I'm wrong and giving a bunch of bull shit excuses for why this team is better than their record. They're not and by now that should be clear even to blind homer shitheads like you. Suck it up and admit you're wrong you pussy.

Saying we're better than our record? no, I said that Izzo let us lose the TSU game and he pretty much said as much. I have been consistent all along saying our ceiling was top 3 in the big ten, quit making shit up. You just want to come up with some point contrary to everything I say on these boards.

Hey guys I dont think anyone is happy with this season but it wont be forever. We had a few recruits that looked promising bail on us and this is what happens. I figured we would be a borderline tourney team and thats what we are. The Indiana and Iowa games were a head fake and nothing more. We arent consistent and we arent talented. Unfortunately there is no fast forward button for a medicore season.

Fuck you you lying pice of shit. You and Johnny were on here giving the team the full blow job at the start of the conference season talking about what a great jump shooting team this is, time to "get bullish on the Spartans" yada, yada, yada. Even last week you were saying uofm had no business being in he game late with us. Now you're saying your expectations were tempered.

And get one thing straight asshole, I'm not here ripping on the team - I'm ripping ON YOU because you're an asshole who can't admit he's wrong.

MY god, a MSU fan was optimistic about the team after a good performance? holy shit, what a homer?? I've been consistent with my expectations for this team, but I know that doesn't fit your narrative

fuck off and die. I'm done with your intentionally antagonistic bullshit. keep responding just to be a fucking prick all you want

Saying we're better than our record? no, I said that Izzo let us lose the TSU game and he pretty much said as much. I have been consistent all along saying our ceiling was top 3 in the big ten, quit making shit up. You just want to come up with some point contrary to everything I say on these boards.

So you didn't say you were getting bullish on the team and you weren't talking up the athleticism and how they were one of the best jump shooting teams in the country and you haven't made a litany of excuses for every loss while pointing to the IU and Iowa games as examples of what the team really is? This is BS - you were talking about making a run at the B1G title when we were 3-1 to start B1G play. And you way overestimate your self importance - I've only directed my comments to you since the stupid things you said after the michigan game. You're the one who has been telling me why I've been wrong all season - well now that it turns out you're wrong you get all pissy when someone points it out.

Eron Harris is a stud and has been playing the point in practice all year. I he had been allowed to play this year he would have been our best player. He'll play the 1 and the 2 next year. Very similar player to Gary Harris. So we should be better next year, how much better? Who knows.

You're right. We definitely should be better just by addition of Davis and Harris and subtraction of Trice and Dawson which is too bad because other than not being better players, there's no reason to not like them - they hustle, seem to try hard and compete, stay out of trouble (don't steal condoms or bang teammates' girlfriends or do whatever it takes to get yourself 2 years at Iowa State). Trice is just not that good or at least he's having a lousy year. Playing Nairn more minutes can only help next year and probably doesn't hurt this year - might even push Trice and be the kick in the ass he needs.

Last edited:
MY god, a MSU fan was optimistic about the team after a good performance? holy shit, what a homer?? I've been consistent with my expectations for this team, but I know that doesn't fit your narrative

fuck off and die. I'm done with your intentionally antagonistic bullshit. keep responding just to be a fucking prick all you want

You call me out by name twice, tell me to fuck off and call me an asshole and then freak out when I respond. You act like you run these boards and everyone should just shut up and follow your lead or they're not a real fan. And for the 9th time, you haven't been consistent. Just a few weeks ago were talking the team up big and mapping out the road to the B1G title. Here's a consistent message - the ceiling for this team is making the tournament and it will be more likely a function of how bad the conference is ex-Wisconsin than how good this team is if they do. I'll give you three guesses who has been saying that all year long (although, I'm not the only one - oops, I just gave you one of the correct answers). If in your mind, thinking that means I'm not a fan, I don't care. Now take your ball and go home crybaby.

Last edited:
Back