Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ill vs MSU

God damn this is awesome.

MichChamp, explain to me please why you haven't ever directed to
majestic Sparty board before?

It's not always this good. Lately it's been a one or two man circle jerk on a piece of green toast with a bunch of others lamenting the state of Spartan hoops just hoping to make the tourney, get this year behind us and looking forward to greener pastures.

Last edited:
Okay...I actually watched the final 10:00 of the Ill-MSU game. I was on a Stairmaster, very likely out-working the Spartans as I watched.

Okay...I actually watched the final 10:00 of the Ill-MSU game. I was on a Stairmaster, very likely out-working the Spartans as I watched.

I think I may have been as well - i was wrestling a 5 and a 3 year old. I was Illinois, they were Michigan State!

Last edited:

very true, MSU had a 1 rebound advantage, we're a good rebouding team and they're a poor reboudning team, we should have more of an advantage on the boards and all of that is effort.

Obviously foul shooting was the story of the game, you go 7 of 18 and that saps your energy, it takes energy out of the crowd too. 4 of those misses were front ends of 1 and 1 too, that costs you more points than just the initial miss. Free throws were the reason we lost but a better effort on the boards might have allowed us to overcome the shooting. Good job by IL to keep dawson off the boards too.

not sure what you mean.

it's not usually very entertaining, and except for the occassional quarrel within the spartanhack/johnnystupid/sbee hate-triangle, they seem to be the typical insecure, monolithic Michigan-hating bloc you'd expect.

they seem to be arguing more and more though, since their basketball team is crappy, and Izzo is out of excuses.

not sure what you mean.

it's not usually very entertaining, and except for the occassional quarrel within the spartanhack/johnnystupid/sbee hate-triangle, they seem to be the typical insecure, monolithic Michigan-hating bloc you'd expect.

they seem to be arguing more and more though, since their basketball team is crappy, and Izzo is out of excuses.

Insecure michigan-hater? I'm neither of those, good try though. but maybe now we understand why you're such an asshole - although I doubt if michigan were any good at either basketball or football you'd be any different and even if you were, you'd still be a dumbass.

Last edited:
Insecure michigan-hater? I'm neither of those, good try though. but maybe now we understand why you're such an asshole - although I doubt if michigan were any good at either basketball or football you'd be any different and even if you were, you'd still be a dumbass.

haha.

okay, to be fair, you're about a half-step off in the lockstep Michigan Hater march the rest of them do, which explains the tension here.

No Michigan hatred here (ive never flamed any board here or ESPN) It would be a farce to have an out-of-stater have the same level of passion as someone from Michigan. It also doesnt go with the territory of growing up an athlete,youre generally taught sportsmanship. In most cases that should carry over to discussing sports on a message board also. Lots of armchair non athletes dont get that which makes sense but is still mildly amusing. Im a Big ten guy and dont mind Michigan winning OOC, I also dont care if they lose unless it benefits MSU. I see more flaming about MSU on the UM board than I do here, spying on RCMB (isnt that a paid board) who buys membership to spy??? Having both hoops and foots playing on that low of a level causes angst, I understand. It could be always be worse, there are a number of B10 programs that never crack better than 5th place in conference standings year in and year out. Its unlikely that will happen in the state of Michigan more than once in a great while

Last edited:
You call me out by name twice, tell me to fuck off and call me an asshole and then freak out when I respond. You act like you run these boards and everyone should just shut up and follow your lead or they're not a real fan. And for the 9th time, you haven't been consistent. Just a few weeks ago were talking the team up big and mapping out the road to the B1G title. Here's a consistent message - the ceiling for this team is making the tournament and it will be more likely a function of how bad the conference is ex-Wisconsin than how good this team is if they do. I'll give you three guesses who has been saying that all year long (although, I'm not the only one - oops, I just gave you one of the correct answers). If in your mind, thinking that means I'm not a fan, I don't care. Now take your ball and go home crybaby.

bump

SpartanMack is a total asshat! Great bump.

Says the biggest moron on the board? Shall I bump a few of yours -

- No MD recruited player has ever been arrested
- Johnny Adams
- Fuo Funoti
- Thad Matta can't recruit as well as Izzo, nor can anyone else in the B1G

The list goes on and on, asshat. By the way, I have MSU in the Final 8 in my bracket. Making the sweet 16 doesn't invalidate anything I've said about this team.

Last edited:
Says the biggest moron on the board? Shall I bump a few of yours -

- No MD recruited player has ever been arrested
- Johnny Adams
- Fuo Funoti
- Thad Matta can't recruit as well as Izzo, nor can anyone else in the B1G

The list goes on and on, asshat. By the way, I have MSU in the Final 8 in my bracket. Making the sweet 16 doesn't invalidate anything I've said about this team.

Doubt you're even a Spartan fan, but if you are you should be ashamed. You're the type of fan who pisses themselves at the first sign of trouble and then spends the rest of the day in their bedroom in tears. You should root for the Urine and Blue, their fan base is filled with WalmartMacks.

Doubt you're even a Spartan fan, but if you are you should be ashamed. You're the type of fan who pisses themselves at the first sign of trouble and then spends the rest of the day in their bedroom in tears. You should root for the Urine and Blue, their fan base is filled with WalmartMacks.

Piss myself and spend the rest of the day in my room in tears? Hahahahaha. I've answered every criticism, accusation or challenge ever issued to me on this board - including this bump and I stand by all of it and I'm ready to rehash it and prove you wrong again, if you have the balls. That's a pretty funny criticism coming from the guy who disappeared for a week after being proved so soundly wrong about Thad Matta. You did the same thing after your prediction for the OSU game this fall and in the Johnny Adams and Fuo Funoti arguments. Face it, you're a cowardly dickbag homer who can never admit when he's wrong - you're wrong a lot, by the way.

I don't really care that you doubt me because you're a fool and you obviously don't know anything about me. Even if you were remotely close, that's better than being a blind homer - especially one who didn't predict this result or anything close to it but then comes on the board acting like you did and were right all along. You are one pathetic loser.

Last edited:
I maintained all along that the ceiling for this team was a top 3 finish in the big ten and sweet 16, i've questioned it at times after losses, I predicted 12 wins in conference but dropped it down after losing the opener to MD at home, bumped it back up after the Iowa win.

It turns out that I might have been wrong, the ceiling might be higher than what I originally predicted. I can admit that I was wrong and I'm happy to admit that I underestimated this team. There's nothing bad about admitting that you were wrong. Some people let their ego get in the way though

I still don't think I was wrong about the team in general. That said, they've performed beyond my expectations. We were crap from the foul line, but hit them when it counted and we handled pressure better than we have all year. That's more of an anomaly than proof that anyone was wrong (or right) about this team. Where I was clearly wrong was I didn't think Izzo could get these kids motivated the way he has and their ability to just shut down a team defensively. I guess that's two things. But, I also agree with Barkely that the way Virginia plays (lock-down defense, without a really strong offense) gives them very little margin for error. That's why I had us beating them in my bracket (I have us losing to Nova in the final 8 - obviously, that picture changes dramatically now). We shut them down, got out in transition when we could and didn't turn the ball over. Virginia did give our half court offense trouble, but we didn't turn the ball over - the pressure mostly resulted in us taking bad shots. The difference to me was we beat them at their own game - that was huge and great fun to watch.

It was great fun to watch (I got scolded more than a few times for making so much noise during the baby's nap), great to be in the sweet 16 and I like our region the best in terms of the road ahead but it's one game. I will say, if we give up 8 offensive rebounds in the first half against Louisville, I wouldn't expect to be leading by 5.

Last edited:
of course you don't think you were wrong, what would I expect from an ego centric asshole?

I think you need to understand what the concept of a ceiling is, the maximum that you could possibly expect out of them. If they exceed your ceiling, that means you underestimated the team and therefore you were wrong.

Back