Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

recently viewed movies (within the last week)

You should have atleast heard of Lincoln Lawyer, it had mcconaughey in it. None were great movies but they were worth the $1 dollar at redbox.

I can't wait for later this month when X-Men Origins : First Class comes out on DVD, didnt have time to see it in theaters.

watched Priest and Thor recently. Both were solid. Didn't know Natalie Portman was in Thor.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I can't wait for later this month when X-Men Origins : First Class comes out on DVD, didnt have time to see it in theaters.

That comes out tonight at midnight. Check blockbusterexpress.com as I just got an email from them saying it will be available at midnight.

Yea, ill go to the store tomorrow and buy it. No sense just renting it because I know I will want to own it.

Love the X-Men movies, except X-Men 3 that movie really angered me as a lifelong fan of the X-Men.

Wife and I just saw a movie this afternoon called "Contagion"... A pretty decent movie.. May not be for some but I liked it... And when it was over i was reaching for the hand sanitizer....LOL

Saw that on Tuesday, decent flick. Some didn't like it but I think they were expecting more of an outbreak type of movie. I expected a documentary style and that's what it was.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Just watched Hanna last night... Decent.. Maybe a tad long or maybe it could have been tighten up a bit and.. But a solid movie.. It has gotten solid reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hanna/

I wanted to see it in theaters and asked on either this board or disneyland's board if anyone had seen it. Either Slick or Tony told me the movie in its entirety. No spoiler alert or anything I was pissed. I'm still going to check it out someday.. The Chemical Brothers did the soundtrack to it too.. Pretty cool

schles192 said:
Saw that on Tuesday, decent flick. Some didn't like it but I think they were expecting more of an outbreak type of movie. I expected a documentary style and that's what it was.

Yeah I agree with you... I expected exactly what was on the screen. I thought it gave a good account on what the potential for that kind of disaster could be. Different angles and perspectives... The creepy thing about this kind of stuff is it has happened before and could happen in the future... A Very sobering thought.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":jzjno321]Just watched Hanna last night... Decent.. Maybe a tad long or maybe it could have been tighten up a bit and.. But a solid movie.. It has gotten solid reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hanna/

I wanted to see it in theaters and asked on either this board or disneyland's board if anyone had seen it. Either Slick or Tony told me the movie in its entirety. No spoiler alert or anything I was pissed. I'm still going to check it out someday.. The Chemical Brothers did the soundtrack to it too.. Pretty cool[/quote:jzjno321]

Watch it and let me know what you think... Tad long in spots but I think it was a pretty well developed movie... For some reason I get a big kick out of the underdog type people either male or female kicking ass...

a
[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
[quote="Danny Diggler":miqs2tjm]

I wanted to see it in theaters and asked on either this board or disneyland's board if anyone had seen it. Either Slick or Tony told me the movie in its entirety. No spoiler alert or anything I was pissed. I'm still going to check it out someday.. The Chemical Brothers did the soundtrack to it too.. Pretty cool

Watch it and let me know what you think... Tad long in spots but I think it was a pretty well developed movie... For some reason I get a big kick out of the underdog type people either male or female kicking ass...[/quote:miqs2tjm]

Will do

Just watched "Facing the Giants" last night

Talk about an over-the-top religious football movie, wow.

Was kinda awkward for someone who isn't religious and I don't know why I kept watching it. I guess we're supposed to believe that God only roots for one team and says screw the other team.

If I could relate it to another movie...

Think Remember the Titans with a team that possesses less talent who credits praising God as the reason for their success.

I must say though, they did a good job of making the head coach look like a total loser in the beginning, maybe too much.

Seen it a few times but watched "Taken" on TV last night. Bad acting but pretty kick ass movie still. Just one where you don't expect much mentally and just appreciate the badass element of the whole thing.

Has anyone seen from Paris with Love? I watched that a while back and thought it was pretty funny for a Travolta action/comedy.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Yea thats a good movie Beez. Travolta's stuff is 50/50 with me

Not a wild hogs fan? lol

Back