Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

recently viewed movies (within the last week)

My son wanted to watch movies that have swords in them.. I asked the guy at the rental story and he mentioned 'The Count of Monte Cristo' 2002...Staring James Caviezel, Guy Pearce, Richard Harris, James Frain. Look I know they said it was not like the book that much but we rented it and enjoyed it.
My daughter watched it too..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]My son wanted to watch movies that have swords in them.. I asked the guy at the rental story and he mentioned 'The Count of Monte Cristo' 2002...Staring James Caviezel, Guy Pearce, Richard Harris, James Frain. Look I know they said it was not like the book that much but we rented it and enjoyed it.
My daughter watched it too..

Good movie.......saw it on cable a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.......never read the book but I have no doubt it would be a great read......I also remember that they mentioned the book in Shawshank Redemption.

yeah that version of count of monte cristo was solid. i could watch it over and over again.

off topic: anyone seen "King of the ants"?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]How did you not get that Zoom? Usually the second time and its all clear. Were you really young? I feel Fight club is overrated, it was good don't get me wrong. I think I lost love for it when I went to college. Maybe its because I hate frat brothers and general douche bags who walk around quoting it to death and will sit and argue that its the greatest movie ever created.

I try not to let douches who quote lines from movies way too much ruin movies for me... otherwise, I would hate the Big Lebowski...

but yeah, some people definitely took away the wrong things from Fight Club. I always like the anti-establishment & anti-consumerism elements. You KNOW the studio execs must have hated the movie; to me, it's amazing it was even made and shown in theatres. So un-american of them...

appropos of football season, I just watched a documentary on netflix about wolverines. half of it focused on a guy in Alaska who raised two wolverines from birth after their mother died. He had a large ranch & wildlife refuge, and kept a couple of them in semi-captitivity.

was pretty amazing to see him play with them like they were dogs. I didn't know they could interact with humans like that. you definitely couldn't keep one as a housepet though. they're still too wild. he was only able to do it because he had so much land.

I'll add it to my netflix queue. I read the plot, and thought it sounded interesting, but I thought it sounded too much like a comic-book adaptation.

I'm sort of a movie snob. You can't pander to me just by tacking on some anti-establishment theme, although... it can't hurt.

I am somewhat as well. I haven't read the comic book, but the movie was similar to 1984 to me.

Watched "Hall Pass" last night.

Was recommended by friends as being ultra-funny.

I was disappointed.

Watched a couple on Netflix

Lonesome Jim with Casey Affleck and Liv Tyler directed by Steve Buscemi. Well acted character piece, but really bleak.

Expendables - standard action fair, nothing new. Not great, but watchable.

Me and my son and daughter just watched the movie 'The Unknown' starring Liam Neeson, January Jones,Diane Kruger, and Aidan Quinn.... All three of us really liked the movie a lot. A solid movie..

Here it was late at night couldn't sleep so switching channels, the movie "piranha" was coming on......WOW! such bad acting, but some gory death scenes which were kinda cool kinda cheesy. Also tons of T&A which helped keep interest through this whole thing. i think it came out just last year or 2 years ago....caught it on showtime. Its worth a watch just once if u are bored.

My son made me watch Fast Five even though I was tired of the series but it was OK with me. Any time a movie can show a car and a couple of dudes jumping off a canyon into water is OK by me... Even if it is done with CGI.. Hot chicks, fast cars, and lots of action.

Watched:
source code,
Lincoln Lawyer
Your highness
and priest this week
all were solid except your highness which was gay, literally.

Back