Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

First Kerry Hyder, now Brandon Copeland on IR, now Hyder non-tendered

Crying over 7 drops and then comparing him to a HOF player in Fitz? Lol. Bravo!!
I see a kid in Ebron that has improved his numbers every single yr he's been in the NFL. He was a top 10 TE last yr NUMBERS wise. His big problem is staying healthy.

He had 1 TD dude. Weather by design or playing calling doesn't really matter. A big TE needs to catch TD. And he still drops passes. He might have had top ten in yards but far as numbers wise, nope.

Ebron was top 10 te tds in 2015. In 13 games. Also had 2 not 1.

8th in yards, 10th completion percentage

22 rz to boldin, 17 to tate, 14 riddick, 15 jones. 6 to ebron

Throw more to ebron

22 rz to boldin, 17 to tate, 14 riddick, 15 jones. 6 to ebron

Throw more to ebron

You drop TD in the end zones you should get less balls thrown your way. Nonetheless, he's no top 10TE. He doesn't catch TD, drops way too many - and he can't block. He's one dimension and barely that. I don't see him as anything different than Droptimus Prime.

He had 1 TD dude. Weather by design or playing calling doesn't really matter. A big TE needs to catch TD. And he still drops passes. He might have had top ten in yards but far as numbers wise, nope.

More catches and more yards every single year he's been in the league = better numbers. Sure, we all want him to get in the endzone but he's putting up top 10 numbers minus the TDs. I know it's difficult for you to understand that so just read real slow. Ok? Ya...good job.

You drop TD in the end zones you should get less balls thrown your way. Nonetheless, he's no top 10TE. He doesn't catch TD, drops way too many - and he can't block. He's one dimension and barely that. I don't see him as anything different than Droptimus Prime.

He's not a top 10 TE because a moron like yourself says so??? Lmao. Numbers and facts prove you wrong. HE. PUT. UP. TOP. 10. TE. NUMBERS. LAST. YEAR. He just needs to score more and stay healthy.....

Crying over 7 drops and then comparing him to a HOF player in Fitz? Lol. Bravo!!
I see a kid in Ebron that has improved his numbers every single yr he's been in the NFL. He was a top 10 TE last yr NUMBERS wise. His big problem is staying healthy.

The comparison was to show the stupidity of trying to use completion % as some sort of accomplishment. RBs and TEs almost always have better catch rates than WRs. Does not mean they are sure handed.

Dropping 7 in a season is a big deal. Dropping one out of 8 passes is a big deal.

More than just yards. If a QB has 5000 yards but 12 TD and 29 INT it's not a good year. Even blocking TE tend to get more TD. So who gives a crap about yards.. No way he had a better season in 2016 than 2015 when he had 5 TD. 15 more targets tend you get more yards..

Yards lead to tds and all those

Top 10 for te comp percentage, top 8 yards. Top 10 td tight end 2015. He is a good tight end even with a few drops. Fact

The comparison was to show the stupidity of trying to use completion % as some sort of accomplishment. RBs and TEs almost always have better catch rates than WRs. Does not mean they are sure handed.

Dropping 7 in a season is a big deal. Dropping one out of 8 passes is a big deal.

Big deal??? Lol. No, it's not. His drops are overblown by the usual cast of characters because they don't like him. 7 drops in 13 games is not that big of a deal. The kid is a chain mover and is ranked from 9-11 TEs in the league. Making him a top 10 TE in the NFL. He just needs to stay healthy....

More than just yards. If a QB has 5000 yards but 12 TD and 29 INT it's not a good year. Even blocking TE tend to get more TD. So who gives a crap about yards.. No way he had a better season in 2016 than 2015 when he had 5 TD. 15 more targets tend you get more yards..

So, more catches and more yards doesn't equate to a better season than the year before? Gotcha lol

Yards lead to tds and all those

Top 10 for te comp percentage, top 8 yards. Top 10 td tight end 2015. He is a good tight end even with a few drops. Fact

And how does he get yards when hes riding a bike on the sideline?

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Eric Ebron has barely been a Detroit Lions participant this preseason. He worked out the first day of training camp -- at least until individual drills, when he injured his hamstring. Then he sat for almost two weeks before making a brief cameo in individual drills during a joint practice with the Indianapolis Colts.

Since then, Ebron has disappeared again. Sure, he?s out at practice watching most days. He?s been in the locker room -- and declined to speak -- every day this week. But he hasn?t been out on the field and it?s not clear how serious his injury is or what, exactly, is going on.

But one thing is clear: He?s hurt again and he?s not likely to play in any preseason games. With that happening, there are things the fourth-year pro is going to miss out on.

?Anything in that regard, you always miss a little bit in terms of refinement,? Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. ?You always end up starting just a little bit later in terms of where you are from a sharpness standpoint when you do miss chunks of time during the preseason. So that?s what he?s missed more so than anything else.

?But his production, when you look at the numbers, look at the end of the year, possibly could they be better than that? We?ll see. But I do think that he gets in the swing of things pretty quickly and is able to adjust. But just the fine-tuning, just like anybody that would miss.?

Caldwell said timing and accuracy are the two biggest things Ebron is missing by being injured again this preseason. And injuries have been a theme for him throughout his career. He has yet to play a full 16-game season in his first three years.

Last season, an ankle injury limited his preseason, and knee and ankle injuries hurt him during the regular season. He also had a knee injury during the 2015 season and a hamstring injury during his rookie season.

He has shown improvement every year, though. As a rookie, he had 25 catches for 248 yards and a touchdown in 13 games. In 2015, he jumped to 47 catches for 537 yards and five touchdowns in 14 games. Last season, in 13 games, he had career highs with 61 catches for 711 yards but only one touchdown.

In January, Ebron told ESPN he had a larger goal this season: becoming a 1,000-yard receiver. Statistically, it?s possible. But his health will likely dictate whether he has a real shot at it or not.

Big deal??? Lol. No, it's not. His drops are overblown by the usual cast of characters because they don't like him. 7 drops in 13 games is not that big of a deal. The kid is a chain mover and is ranked from 9-11 TEs in the league. Making him a top 10 TE in the NFL. He just needs to stay healthy....

Sorry Tony......it's a huge deal. 7 drops in 85 targets would equal 49 drops over 594 passes (Staffords number of attempts) That would have led the league by a huge margin last year. 49 drops would also be more drops than any team has had in any season since 2009!

That's a MASSIVE deal. Like him or not.....the stats don't lie. He drops too many balls. His NFL "highlight" reel shows very few tough catches. I'm not hating on him......I think he still has breakout potential....but to shrug off what would be a decade leading number of drops is asinine.

Sorry Tony......it's a huge deal. 7 drops in 85 targets would equal 49 drops over 594 passes (Staffords number of attempts) That would have led the league by a huge margin last year. 49 drops would also be more drops than any team has had in any season since 2009!

That's a MASSIVE deal. Like him or not.....the stats don't lie. He drops too many balls. His NFL "highlight" reel shows very few tough catches. I'm not hating on him......I think he still has breakout potential....but to shrug off what would be a decade leading number of drops is asinine.

70 percent completion. 10th for all tight ends. Stats don't lie. He is better than 22 starters and all backups. 10 out of 64

8th in yards. 14thin te targets. That is some yac, ypc and good comp percentage

He played well. The stats don't lie

Other good players got rz targets. He can get them in 2017. Top 10 in tds for tes in 2015. He proved he can score too in only 13 games

70 percent completion. 10th for all tight ends. Stats don't lie. He is better than 22 starters and all backups. 10 out of 64

8th in yards. 14thin te targets. That is some yac, ypc and good comp percentage

He played well. The stats don't lie

Other good players got rz targets. He can get them in 2017. Top 10 in tds for tes in 2015. He proved he can score too in only 13 games

is he really a better TE than 22 starters? I mean...there are probably some starters that may not have the pass catching skills he has but they can block. Isn't EE known to be a poor run blocker? Isn't that part of being a good TE?

I see it different. 7 drops in 13 games isn't alarming. It equates to .53 drops per game. Ohhhhhh noooooo lol. His drops are wayyyyy overblown.

is he really a better TE than 22 starters? I mean...there are probably some starters that may not have the pass catching skills he has but they can block. Isn't EE known to be a poor run blocker? Isn't that part of being a good TE?

Name 22 better TEs than Ebron. This should be epic lol.

Back