Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

First Kerry Hyder, now Brandon Copeland on IR, now Hyder non-tendered

is he really a better TE than 22 starters? I mean...there are probably some starters that may not have the pass catching skills he has but they can block. Isn't EE known to be a poor run blocker? Isn't that part of being a good TE?

Pro football focus ranked Eric Ebron as the single worst run blocking TE in professional football last year.

Name 22 better TEs than Ebron. This should be epic lol.

My point was being made towards this LKP comment: "He is better than 22 starters and all backups. 10 out of 64"

For the sake of argument, let's say he is the 10th best pass catching TE in the NFL but the worst run blocking TE in the league (starters only). Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that one of those guys that is a better run blocker and could be a better overall TE than Ebron?

So he's not here to block? Isn't that a main part of being a TE?
He's essentially a WR. So where does he rank in WRs?

We've had this discussion before. He's not a good blocker. Get it through your fucking thick skull. Why the fuck do you think they signed Fells??

My point was being made towards this LKP comment: "He is better than 22 starters and all backups. 10 out of 64"

For the sake of argument, let's say he is the 10th best pass catching TE in the NFL but the worst run blocking TE in the league (starters only). Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that one of those guys that is a better run blocker and could be a better overall TE than Ebron?

Sure. Name those players lol. Shouldn't be hard, right?

It's probably a shorter list if you name the ones he's better than.. And you understand he can't block yet somehow as a TE he's top ten? If you have guys who can catch, WR-RB etc, I rather have a good blocking TE. If you can't block you better get some TD.

It's probably a shorter list if you name the ones he's better than.. And you understand he can't block yet somehow as a TE he's top ten? If you have guys who can catch, WR-RB etc, I rather have a good blocking TE. If you can't block you better get some TD.

Give me a list of who's better then!!! Lol. Too easy, right? Piece of cake!!!

You guys still arguing about how good Ebron is, He's good 'when he plays'.
Take away the drops and he could be close to or a pro bowl player.
That is why he doesn't get as many looks or TD's in the red zone.
Now he has yet to play with his hamstring issue, sets him behind in timing, and all that.

Let's see how he does this year in real games when he is healthy.
Numbers should improve like each year,

my opinion is if the drops continue and or injuries, Quinn might think enough of this, and not sign him to a contract when his time comes.
But they do need him in this offense this year.

You guys still arguing about how good Ebron is, He's good 'when he plays'.
Take away the drops and he could be close to or a pro bowl player.
That is why he doesn't get as many looks or TD's in the red zone.
Now he has yet to play with his hamstring issue, sets him behind in timing, and all that.

Let's see how he does this year in real games when he is healthy.
Numbers should improve like each year,

my opinion is if the drops continue and or injuries, Quinn might think enough of this, and not sign him to a contract when his time comes.
But they do need him in this offense this year.

Quinn gave him the 5th year option for next year already

Ebron 8th receiving yards, 14th targets, 10th comp percentage. Top 10 te tds in 2015. He improved a lot each Year. 6 rz targets because lions had 4 other good rz targets and he missed 3 games

Blocking. He was average graded in pass blocking. Worst graded in run blocking. And maybe just maybe it was due to the rb injuries. Abdullah can get to the edge. Zenner not so Much

Quinn gave him the 5th year option for next year already

Ebron 8th receiving yards, 14th targets, 10th comp percentage. Top 10 te tds in 2015. He improved a lot each Year. 6 rz targets because lions had 4 other good rz targets and he missed 3 games

Blocking. He was average graded in pass blocking. Worst graded in run blocking. And maybe just maybe it was due to the rb injuries. Abdullah can get to the edge. Zenner not so Much

LOL.....blaming his blocking on the RB's. I love how you CONTINUE to bring up "top 10 TE TD's in 2015. Guess what.....its 2017......and he had 5 in 2015. 5! He has 7 receiving TD's in 3 years. He doesn't get red zone targets because he has below average hands and JBC and #9 don't trust him.

His run blocking is so bad teams can adjust play calls simply based on the fact he's on the field. We're not gonna run when he's in there. He's a complete liability on 40% of our offensive plays and has completely disappeared in the red zone.

Means nothing. He's not here to block anyways. That's why Fells is here...

I'm not sure Ebron being a one trick pony is a good thing. It makes the play calling too predictable and he's so pathetic run blocking teams can put smaller, more athletic S or even CB's on him with NO fear that we're going to be running the ball.

He is an above average receiving TE and one of the worst blocking TE in the NFL. Overall......I'd say that makes him an average player.

Madden '18 has him rated as the 26th best TE in football.....not that a Madden rating means shit.....but it goes to show what non-biased talent evaluators think of EE.

I'm not sure Ebron being a one trick pony is a good thing. It makes the play calling too predictable and he's so pathetic run blocking teams can put smaller, more athletic S or even CB's on him with NO fear that we're going to be running the ball.

He is an above average receiving TE and one of the worst blocking TE in the NFL. Overall......I'd say that makes him an average player.

Madden '18 has him rated as the 26th best TE in football.....not that a Madden rating means shit.....but it goes to show what non-biased talent evaluators think of EE.

Bruh...you just went Madden on me lol:cheers:

Last edited:
Sure. Name those players lol. Shouldn't be hard, right?

well, LKP said he is better than 22 other starters based on his #8 ranking in yards. I can say with relative confidence that Martellius Bennett, Jordan Reed & Gronk are better than EE, and that's not even taking into consideration any TE's that are better blockers.

Ebron is the best tight end in the division.

Bennett is clearly better. Rudolph might be better too...depending on his blocking (I don't know what kind of a blocker he is but he has to be better than EE)

well, LKP said he is better than 22 other starters based on his #8 ranking in yards. I can say with relative confidence that Martellius Bennett, Jordan Reed & Gronk are better than EE, and that's not even taking into consideration any TE's that are better blockers.

So far ya got 3. You're on fire, dude lol

Back