Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

First Kerry Hyder, now Brandon Copeland on IR, now Hyder non-tendered

Only 7 tight end had more yards. And none rated as good blockers. All average category or lower. No tight end can really block that well

Yards trump blocking, top 10 in tds in 2015 tight ends trumps blocking. And his pass blocking grade was average. So it's not all blocking, just his run blocking. And like i said, its better with a guy who can get to the edge. Zenner is too slow for that. Plus Wagner next to him helps

Ebron is a top 10 tight end

So they had more yards and couldn't block.. So that's 7 guys better. Gronk missed much of the year so that's another one. How about the exceptional blockers.. Or the ones who caught many TD. You say TD is more important than blocking yet he didn't do either one.

Like I said a bad wide receiver.

7 tight ends with more yards
Kelce,Olsen,graham, Rudolph, Walker ,ertz and pitta

Pitta is done for career. Down to 6. And Rudolph not better. First yesr in six years he had over 500 yards even. So five there

Ertz, Rudolph and Olsen had terrible blocking grades as well. Marcellus Bennett had a terrible run blocking grade. So Bennett doesn't leap Ebron

Kelce, Walker, graham had good blocking grades.

Gronk is gronk. So at six

So basically four all around tight ends better than him.

Then reed, written,brate. Reed and brate were bad blockers. So I give you witten. And reed due to injury. So at eight

Fleener and barnidge. Next closest. Bad blocker so nope and less yards and not efficient. Browns cut barnidge

Doyle and Vernon davis well below Ebron. Both graded poorly blocking

Gates due to career and 500 yards and 7 tds and average blocking

So that is 9

Which leaves Ebron at 10th. A top 10 tight end. And ertz was a stretch to beat him. Ertz is bad blocker.

Ebron is a top 10 te. Facts

PFF??? Sorry, I thought PFF was a joke on this board lol. When LKP uses it, he gets roasted. Nice try ....:clap:

Not saying they are gospel by any means. But I'm not scouting and watching every TE on every team.

Now I wouldn't put ebron as the 40th TE or whatever. But they are an unbiased source.

Ebron is a decent 4th receiving option. But doesn't make him a great TE. Blocking is important. Become to predictable if you have to take him off to run a running play.

Because why would I need to name all of them.. Brian Hoyer is shit do I really need to name the guys better than him too? And basically you did say they don't mean anything.. Because why you put a TE in the top ten with all his faults?

Brian Hoyer??? Stop deflecting, you dolt lol. I'm asking you a simple question. Name the TEs in the NFL that are better than him. You can't because you're a full blown idiot...

Not saying they are gospel by any means. But I'm not scouting and watching every TE on every team.

Now I wouldn't put ebron as the 40th TE or whatever. But they are an unbiased source.

Ebron is a decent 4th receiving option. But doesn't make him a great TE. Blocking is important. Become to predictable if you have to take him off to run a running play.

I never said he was a great TE but he's a top 10 TE in the NFL IMO. If not, he'a no worse than 11 maybe 12. He just needs to stay healthy and a lot of these pass-catching TEs don't block well. It's no fkn secret lol. Know what I mean?

Why is it when someone here says someone isn't a top guy you say they the same thing. The guy is shit. I'll take all the good blocking TE over Ebron any day. So there I just named a bunch.

So blocking means nothing, TD mean nothing, drop catches? This is footb.... oh wait.

Only yards matters. And In some alternate universe where that was true...hed barely be top 10 and still not worth the draft pick we used on him.

Gronk
Kelce
Olsen
Grahm
Rudolph
Ertz
Walker
Pita
Bennett
Reed
Witten
Brate
Gates
Green
Eifert

Solid list! I'm taking Brate and Green off that list though for sure. Ladarius Green? Dude lol. On the the fence with Rudolph and Ertz better too...idk.

Pitta career Ender

Ebron is better than Rudolph and Bennett. Rudolph finally over 500 yards for first time. Took 132 targets to do it. Ebron more yards and tds than Bennett in 2015. More yards than Bennett. Bennett blocking grade is not as good as you all seem to think

Ebron better than Brate

Green. Ladarius green. The steelers cut him due to being such a disappointment

Ebron is 10th. Many tight ends can't block. Receiving is what matters. Ebron has a top 10 td year and yardage year

Last edited:
Pitta career Ender

Ebron is better than Rudolph and Bennett. Rudolph finally over 500 yards for first time. Took 132 targets to do it. Ebron more yards and tds than Bennett in 2015. More yards than Bennett. Bennett blocking grade is not as good as you all seem to think

Ebron better than Brate

Green. Ladarius green. The steelers cut him due to being such a disappointment

Ebron is 10th. Many tight ends can't block. Receiving is what matters. Ebron has a top 10 td year and yardage year

I like how you always go back 2 years.. You say how much he's improved but keep sayings he was better than some 2 years ago.

I think we'd feel better if he wasn't a #10 pick.. That was just a bad pick, and keeps being a bad pick. How many teams go TE twice in the first 20 picks.. Thought they'd maybe learn something after the Pettigrew pick but that made at least a little sense, with a rookie QB.

Last edited:
Add fiedorowitz....a 3rd rd pick.

OJ Howard
Fleener
Julius Thomas
Charles Clay

Shit.....I think that Willson kid from Seattle might be better, too......he just doesn't get starter type targets playing behind Graham.

Until he proves otherwise, and we all hope he does, I don't think Faster Pettigrew is anything more than average at best!

OJ Howard
Fleener
Julius Thomas
Charles Clay

Shit.....I think that Willson kid from Seattle might be better, too......he just doesn't get starter type targets playing behind Graham.

Until he proves otherwise, and we all hope he does, I don't think Faster Pettigrew is anything more than average at best!

Now you're being absolutely ridiculous lol. Howard, Fleener, Thomas and Clay are not better. How do you figure? Lol. Then you throw in Luke Wilson? Jesus Christ, man

What is Tight End?

An offense hybrid position that is both an eligible receiver and who will step into some plays and block the defense. This position combines the attributes of receivers and lineman and will block during a running play or run a route during a passing play.

He might be considered a TE, even lineup as a TE, but he's a average at best WR.

Now you're being absolutely ridiculous lol. Howard, Fleener, Thomas and Clay are not better. How do you figure? Lol. Then you throw in Luke Wilson? Jesus Christ, man

Pff has some te from the bears i never heard of graded like 30 points higher than ebron. Ebron is so bad at catching his name was supposed too be lebron but he dropped the L.

Back