Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Recent Football Rumblins

Well it's a good place to have gone.

Well it's a good place to have gone.

It reminds me of Atticus Finch.

He was a lawyer like you.

Well, not quite like you, because you're real and he was not.

Plus he was in the South, but if you're going to get all pedantic on me I'm sorry I even brought it up.

MC never would have shot the rabid dog.

Malone-Hatcher is retiring from football. Still hasn't fully recovered from his torn Achilles in 2015.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

MC never would have shot the rabid dog.

I got to say I disagree.

As much as MichChamp would have hated to shoot the dog if it was obvious the dog was rabid MichChamp would shoot the dog.

Also in this hypothetical I would choose MichChamp above all of us to be the one to shoot the dog because as ironic as it is MichChamp is probably the best rifle man amongst us.

I would put you and MichChamp high on my list of people who would always choose to do the right thing if the right thing was necessary.

Last edited:
I got to say I disagree.

As much as MichChamp would have hated to shoot the dog if it was obvious the dog was rabid MichChamp would shoot the dog.

Also in this hypothetical I would choose MichChamp above all of us to be the one to shoot the dog because as ironic as it is MichChamp is probably the best rifle man amongst us.

I would put you and MichChamp high on my list of people who would always choose to do the right thing if the right thing was necessary.

I highly doubt that MichChamp is "probably the best rifle man amongst us." I wonder if he has even shot a rifle? A gun at all?

I highly doubt that MichChamp is "probably the best rifle man amongst us." I wonder if he has even shot a rifle? A gun at all?

Yes he's a skeet shooter.

As I was thinking of the people I would put on the list to count on to do the right thing as Atticus Finch was when he shot the rabid dog I thought of you.

You and MichChamp and Vic are ironically on the short list of people I have ever met I think I would count on to do the right thing when the right thing needed to be done.

Also byco although technically I haven't met him yet.

Maybe you're a better rifle man then MichChamp but riflery it's his thing.

Oh, Gulo too.

I would count on Gulo to do the right thing.

Technically haven't met him either.

Oh, Gulo too.

I would count on Gulo to do the right thing.

Technically haven't met him either.

Monster too, and Kalinecountry.

SpartanMack too actually.

SpartanMack would have shot that rabid fucking dog, for rills.

You would shot that rabid dog, eh SpartanMack?

MichLady I would count on to do the right thing.

Although if the shooting of a rabid dog needed to be done I would put the gun in hands of a guy, chauvinist as that may sound.

Thinking it through I would probably hand the gun to Hungry first.

But the discussion was originally about MichChamp, and he is a rifleman.

dang! Here I was thinking Mchchamp was an anti-gun nut.

I've been a gun owner for 7 or 8 years now.

haven't been shooting in a while though.

never fired a rifle, but buying one and shooting it & hunting with it is
on my to do list.

I think guns are great! It's just that most Americans are too dumb, reckless, violent and/or emotional to safely own them, and should only have access to them within the context of serving in a well-regulated militia, as the founders intended. but that's a whole different conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not own a firearm, and likely never will. I have operated them and broken them down, but I don't see the purpose for home defense. I could not point a weapon at someone and shoot them. And my home would not stop rounds from leaving, which endangers neighbors. In the event of an intruder, it's 911 and hunker down in the back room and fight to the death Bourne-style if it ever came to that, or exit out the window as a preference. You never lose a confrontation you don't engage in.

I do not own a firearm, and likely never will. I have operated them and broken them down, but I don't see the purpose for home defense. I could not point a weapon at someone and shoot them. And my home would not stop rounds from leaving, which endangers neighbors. In the event of an intruder, it's 911 and hunker down in the back room and fight to the death Bourne-style if it ever came to that, or exit out the window as a preference. You never lose a confrontation you don't engage in.

reading the comments to any given American crime story, it's amazing to me how many Americans feel deadly force is an acceptable response to theft or damage to property.

neighborhood kids stole some garden tools out of your garage? somebody keyed your car? murdering them in response is completely sensible, and not disproportional or anything.

reading the comments to any given American crime story, it's amazing to me how many Americans feel deadly force is an acceptable response to theft or damage to property.

neighborhood kids stole some garden tools out of your garage? somebody keyed your car? murdering them in response is completely sensible, and not disproportional or anything.

Goods are way less precious than even the most corrupt soul, so I agree with you. I can live without possessions. I could never live with the memory of killing someone over them.

Last edited:
Goods are way less precious than even the most corrupt soul, so I agree with you. I can live without possessions. I could never live with the memory of killing someone over them.

It's not just about possessions. When someone breaks into your house, you do not know what they are capable of doing to you or your family. Survival instinct or the instinct to protect your family kicks in.

I've posted before, the story here of a white 30-something fitness instructor shooting and killing a 17yr old coming in his window one night. Largely, historically black Denver neighborhood experiencing gentrification at warp speed, so already tense as black families being displaced. Minor ..17yrs old shot dead. Guy was found 'defending' himself but his mental breakdown after is what made the story.

People always talk tough but when faced with a decision like this, could you handle the consequences of your actions? This guy thought he could when he bought his gun for 'self defense' after moving to a 'black neighborhood.'

It's not just about possessions. When someone breaks into your house, you do not know what they are capable of doing to you or your family. Survival instinct or the instinct to protect your family kicks in.

I was narrowing the discussion to possessions. Of course I could/would take necessary and appropriate action to protect love ones.

I was narrowing the discussion to possessions. Of course I could/would take necessary and appropriate action to protect love ones.

Got it. This thread could not have been more off topic by the time I got back from the lake.

I've been a gun owner for 7 or 8 years now.

haven't been shooting in a while though.

never fired a rifle, but buying one and shooting it & hunting with it is
on my to do list.

I think guns are great! It's just that most Americans are too dumb, reckless, violent and/or emotional to safely own them, and should only have access to them within the context of serving in a well-regulated militia, as the founders intended. but that's a whole different conversation.

You shoot skeet with a side arm?

I've always associated skeet shooting with riflery.

Back