Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Jackson to kansas, possibly tonight.

Exactly. He can commit but I think he likes all the attention.
I think he wants to go to MSU and for his mom to be happy, that's not a bad thing. I know his mom has been at the center of this but at worst she raised a good kid by all accounts.

In case you haven't read it his hs team is playing in a tournament in Lawrence Kansas and JJ isn't there. The tournament was organized by his mom and all of the promotional have him being there. Make what you want of it but it's for sure a sign of some kind of dissenting in his inner circle.

I definitely haven't read it but now I'm curious. who the heck is this guy's mom? how does she put together tournaments - in freakin Kansas no less? and doesn't she also run some recruiting service and/or his AAU team or something like that? Did she work for a high school athletic association or the NCAA or was she an NBA or a WNBA executive or something?

Last edited:
McDowell is a perfect example of following YOUR heart and playing where YOU want to play, not where your parents want you to play. The kid is projected to be a top 10 pick in the draft next year. I just don't understand why parents have to get so involved in these recruitments. Izzo is one of the good guys of college basketball, why wouldn't you want your son to play there?

As a die hard State fan if my son/daughter one day decided to play at Notre Dame or Stanford or whatever other University I'd fully support it. Maybe I'm the crazy one here, I don't know.

McDowell is a perfect example of following YOUR heart and playing where YOU want to play, not where your parents want you to play. The kid is projected to be a top 10 pick in the draft next year. I just don't understand why parents have to get so involved in these recruitments. Izzo is one of the good guys of college basketball, why wouldn't you want your son to play there?

As a die hard State fan if my son/daughter one day decided to play at Notre Dame or Stanford or whatever other University I'd fully support it. Maybe I'm the crazy one here, I don't know.

I agree, if my son wanted to play for another school I would be thrilled that he gets a chance to play at that level. I would want to meet with the coaches and visit the schools and would give my opinion but I wouldn't stand in the way. The only way I would is if the coach had questionable character or the school has had trouble with violations.

I definitely haven't read it but now I'm curious. who the heck is this guy's mom? how does she put together tournaments - in freakin Kansas no less? and doesn't she also run some recruiting service and/or his AAU team or something like that? Did she work for a high school athletic association or the NCAA or was she an NBA or a WNBA executive or something?

here's an article about her, gives you some background. She's raised him by herself, he's a smart kid and has maturity beyond his 19 years, by all accounts she's raised a good son. She has run the show since day one, he played his first two years at Detroit Consortium, then transferred to Napa valley to play at prolific prep, a first of it's kind basketball school, kind of a IMG for top basketball players. She started 1 nation, an AAU program around her son, for that she can get # from Under armour. there was speculation about him going overseas and playing in china for a year but when Emanuel Mudiaiy did it he didn't give them glowing reports of the experience. now that he's graduating the AAU team is being dissolved, though the players are moving to Draymond Green's team in Northern CA.

Lots of speculation on this but the attitude after his visit against OSU was that he was signed, sealed, and delivered to MSU, now they think it's not likely. Lots of speculation as to why but I've been told that it has nothing to do with Izzo, MSU, our style, roster, schedule, etc. if you read between the lines it could be some of the shadiness that's gone on with Kansas recruiting in the class but it could simply be a case of his mom wanting him away from influences and pressures in Michigan. His girlfriend was Michigan MS basketball and she's going to be playing at U of M next year. there's also a chance that the mom doesn't want him around the GF for one reason or another, distraction or whatever. lots of possible scenarios but I'm hearing this is Malik 2.0.

I guess he was really going to commit on Thursday but there's some kind of struggle going on. He didn't want to go play in lawrence this weekend, maybe too much pressure with the recruitment due to the venue.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c.../josh-jackson-basketball-recruiting/76797766/

Last edited:

If you're a potential one and done talent you should be going as far away from Kansas as possible. No college has taken more top 10 recruits, saw them leave after a season based on nothing more than their high school ranking and potential, and become NBA nobodies: Xavier Henry, Josh Selby, Joel Embiid, Kelly Oubre, Cliff Alexander.

The only success story is Andrew Wiggins who was a once every 10 years prospect, and I suppose they figure JJ is closer to that.

Last edited:
Jackson now saying a decision within 2 weeks.
He also said he almost announced on Thursday but wanted his whole family there. I think there's a lot more to that story

Saw an article in the Lansing State Journal today about his recruitment. It did not seem to frame things in a very optimistic light.

Someone wake me when it's done, I guess.

Saw an article in the Lansing State Journal today about his recruitment. It did not seem to frame things in a very optimistic light.

He's going to Kansas.

Oh well, hell of a class even without him. Hopefully Davis gives it one more year....that would be just as good as getting JJ IMO.

I'm so tired of this thread and the his recruitment. Anyone who says he's not doing it for attention doesn't seem to be paying attention. I get that it's the biggest decision of his life so far, but if he didn't lover the attention, he could be a lot more private about it - there's a tweet, or an insider comment or announcement about an announcement every other day, if not every day. Just pick a school, stfu and go play.

I'm so tired of this thread and the his recruitment. Anyone who says he's not doing it for attention doesn't seem to be paying attention. I get that it's the biggest decision of his life so far, but if he didn't lover the attention, he could be a lot more private about it - there's a tweet, or an insider comment or announcement about an announcement every other day, if not every day. Just pick a school, stfu and go play.

Indeed. For folks who seem to detest the whole recruiting process, based on the content in that previously linked article, they sure seem to be milking it for all it's worth. Oh well, at least unlike the past couple of years the success of the entire recruiting class doesn't hinge on this decision.

Last edited:

I for one didnt think it was an attention deal AT FIRST. He has only done a few visits, no delays on his timeline until recently. Now it seems its dragging out. I really just put it out of my mind after the MTSU game and assumed we were ourt regardless of all the factors that make sense for him to go to MSU. I agree, wake me when he signs with kan$a$ and Bill $elf.

Attention? He's getting asked about this hourly and he'll tweet or say something to keep people at bay. The way I'm reading this is that he's trying to get on the dame page with his mom. I understand elite kids not committing early because they want to see who leaves for the NBA. I think he wants this to be over and wants to get his mom on board.

Attention? He's getting asked about this hourly and he'll tweet or say something to keep people at bay. The way I'm reading this is that he's trying to get on the dame page with his mom. I understand elite kids not committing early because they want to see who leaves for the NBA. I think he wants this to be over and wants to get his mom on board.

Shes quickly going from apples to rotten apples.

Yes, attention. He can just ignore the hourly questions - tweeting about it isn't keeping people at bay and I'm pretty sure he has known that for awhile. I'm not saying it's all his fault, but it seems foolish to think he's not a big part of it.

Anyway, it would be nice if everyone waited and the next post on this thread wasn't until after his announcement. But I'm sure it won't be - there will be many more before it, I'll see there's been a new post, read it and be disappointed again.

Last edited:
Miles Bridges is at the McD's Game practicing, he was interviewed today and says he knows where Jackson is going. Another question 4 players were polled as to where they think Jackson is going, 3 of the 4 said MSU, including Bridges.

So either Jackson told Miles he is coming to MSU, or Miles thinks he can convince Bridges to pick MSU this week.

Miles Bridges is at the McD's Game practicing, he was interviewed today and says he knows where Jackson is going. Another question 4 players were polled as to where they think Jackson is going, 3 of the 4 said MSU, including Bridges.

So either Jackson told Miles he is coming to MSU, or Miles thinks he can convince Bridges to pick MSU this week.

Just stop

Back