Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

Just saw that we picked up Ben Carter from UNLV for his last year. That should help a little in the front court.

Just saw that we picked up Ben Carter from UNLV for his last year. That should help a little in the front court.

Pretty athletic big man at 6-9, and about 230 lbs. Similar to Costello as a junior. He shows some grit and is a good rebounder. Huge for our depth in the front court.

Schilling, Carter, Ward, Goins and Bridges make up a nice 5 man rotation at the 4 and 5. We're still trying to add another big man.

Football team might be adding a grad transfer DT too.

Last edited:
Taurean Thompson is visiting this weekend and some insiders feel pretty confident about our chances. His mom ruled out Cuse and it's us or Seton Hall, but I guess things are going well. Top 50 PF with great length and athleticism.

Some buzz that 5 star PF Jaren Jackson might pick us tomorrow. 6-10,220lbs, #22 player in the country.

Brandon McCoy is said to favor MSU too, 6-11, 215 lb PF and #8 player in the country. If we miss on either of them, Xavier Tillman will be in the class.

Some buzz that 5 star PF Jaren Jackson might pick us tomorrow. 6-10,220lbs, #22 player in the country.

Brandon McCoy is said to favor MSU too, 6-11, 215 lb PF and #8 player in the country. If we miss on either of them, Xavier Tillman will be in the class.

McCoy scheduled his OV for the OSU football game. We are his last scheduled official visit.

McCoy scheduled his OV for the OSU football game. We are his last scheduled official visit.

He and both of his parents visited MSU from Friday to Monday morning. They attended both basketball games and the football game. They hung out with Magic Friday. Izzo basically spent the whole weekend with them. Sean Sherer is producing 3 stories in McCoy today and thinks we land him. Kid loves MSU.

Top 10 player and a 1 and done talent. Next year's starting lineup is going to be freaky athletic. McCoy, Ward, Jackson, Langford, and Winston will start with Tillman, McQuaid, Tum, Goins, and maybe Bowens off the bench. Jackson at SF is insane, he's 6-11 with a 7-4 wingspan and can handle the ball.

McCoy is a 6-11, 215 lb pogo stick. He's a shot blocking machine who has more length and athleticism than Deyonta Davis and a more polished post game. If we land he and Bowen this will be a better class than this year's. Izzo isn't messing around anymore. He wants rhat second tile.

Last edited:
"Highlights were just around the team," McCoy said. "They treat each other like family. They are really close, like brothers. I've never seen something like that before. The highlights were the game and the players most."

"He (Izzo) talked a little bit about basketball, but he was talking about family more so," McCoy said. "He was like, 'Here, we are all for the family. We are going to make you better on the court, but we're also going to make sure you get better as a person.' That's something that will stick with me for a long time."

"It was a really, really, really, really good visit," McCoy said. "I enjoyed myself so much that I felt comfortable with the players, as well as the coaching staff. There wasn't any animosity with the players and I really did connect with them really fast. I connected with all of them.(Lourawls) 'Tum Tum' (Nairn Jr.), Miles (Bridges), and Cassius (Winston), I connected with them. I knew Cassius and Miles since I competed against them in high school. It was Tum Tum, but I basically connected with all of them."

More on McCoy. His folks live in Chicago and them getting to see him play in college is a big factor. He's also been good friends with Raquan Williams since they were in grade school.

Oregon is the only competition here and only because of Nike.

Despite some crystal balls to Zona, Brian Bowen is still an MSU lean IMO. He's announcing in the next 2 weeks and will take an official to MSU (his last one) before announcing. He's visited MSU over 40 times on un-officials.

Despite some crystal balls to Zona, Brian Bowen is still an MSU lean IMO. He's announcing in the next 2 weeks and will take an official to MSU (his last one) before announcing. He's visited MSU over 40 times on un-officials.

Given our history the past 3 years with kids we've been in on forever, I take that to mean he's Arizona bound.

is this kid on upgrade watch since he's more than a year out? it's tough to get too excited about a 6'0" 3-star PG.

Exactly, I was going to say something but we need not satisfice (we did). We are the best offer he has, of course he will take it :ugh:

Brandon McCoy had glowing praise for our program and it sounds like we still lead for him, he's making a decision in the next month. Wow, a little surprising, he's absolutely a 1 and done IMO. Just a more explosive, talented, and polished version of Deyonta Davis.

Brian Bowen is delaying his decision once again, it appears he is now basing his decision on who leaves early between MSU and Zona. Bridges is more likely to leave than anyone on Zona so that could be good for us.

I think Trier is just as likely to leave on Arizona though he wouldn't get drafted as high as Bridges.

So again, in this new messed college basketball world, guess I gotta hope for Bridges to leave.

I think Trier is just as likely to leave on Arizona though he wouldn't get drafted as high as Bridges.

So again, in this new messed college basketball world, guess I gotta hope for Bridges to leave.

Trier is a second round pick. He should come back.

Scherer interviewed McCoy last night and he quote, "got a feeling that McCoy was giving a commitment interview and was explaining all the reasons he picked MSU over Oregon and San Diego State." Adding a 6-10 pogo stick to a lineup with Ward, Jackson, and Schilling would give us the most size we've had in a long time.

McCoy's roommate this week at the McDonald's All American game? Jaren Jackson.

What's the word on all the top guys? Bowen and McCoy. A buddy told me that McCoy is only coming if Bridges stays and if Bridges stays then Bowen is probably going elsewhere. Any truth to that?

Back