Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

There's a little chatter in recruiting circles that Jackson still wants to go to MSU but he's getting pressure from people in his camp to go to Kansas. Jerry Meyer flipped his crystal ball prediction from Zona to Kansas recently. One Nation recruiting (run by his mom) did just put out a picture of Josh with Miles Bridges but then said that it had nothing to do with a decision.

After the first round debacle ive already told myself hes going somewhere else. Whatever.

After the first round debacle ive already told myself hes going somewhere else. Whatever.
Maybe you're just setting yourself up for disappointment but one game isn't going to decide where a kid goes. Mai made the ff last year, two straight when he was a kid in detroit, his good friends are part of the class, his girlfriend is going to Michigan, etc. If we lose him to Kansas it will not be because of MTSU

Ugh. What the whole recruiting process surely needs is fewer "camps".

If there's any truth to that who knows their reasoning. I suppose maybe the wing position will be less crowded at KU, but if you're a one and done Top 3 national prospect whoever else is potentially in your way should not matter.

Not sure Kansas has any better track record of developing one and dones at this point (recruiting them perhaps, but not developing them). Alexander? Diallo? But whatever.

Last edited:
Jackson is set on MSU, he has told many people that he is going to commit to MSU, his mother feels Kansas is a better fit, she is set on him going to Kansas. However, this is not a Malik McDowell situation, Jackson's mother loves and respects Izzo, unlike Malik's mom she does not hate MSU. It might be that his mom does not like his girlfriend and would rather her son be as far away from her as possible. Conversely, Kansas is not a school Jackson hates, he could see himself there, it's just not his top choice, unlike Malik whose mom was really pushing him to a school he hated, Michigan.

The MSU loss has zero bearing on this, in fact Jackson took the loss hard because he feels he's already a Spartan. I still think it's 60-40 favoring MSU at worst.

I won't hold my breath if he verbally commits to MSU and then for some unexplained reason weeks later hasn't signed an LOI.

I won't hold my breath if he verbally commits to MSU and then for some unexplained reason weeks later hasn't signed an LOI.

The late signing period starts mid April, he'll sign the day he makes his decision.

Davis will be a bigger loss. I'm still hoping we have both next year, but my gut is that we won't have Davis or Jackson.

Davis will be a bigger loss. I'm still hoping we have both next year, but my gut is that we won't have Davis or Jackson.

Davis will only be a big loss if you assume he won't be underutilized next year! A possibility because he'll no longer be a freshman and we won't have Costello or Wollenman...

It's not uncommon for elite players to not sign a LOI at all

Jackson is set on MSU, he has told many people that he is going to commit to MSU, his mother feels Kansas is a better fit, she is set on him going to Kansas. However, this is not a Malik McDowell situation, Jackson's mother loves and respects Izzo, unlike Malik's mom she does not hate MSU. It might be that his mom does not like his girlfriend and would rather her son be as far away from her as possible. Conversely, Kansas is not a school Jackson hates, he could see himself there, it's just not his top choice, unlike Malik whose mom was really pushing him to a school he hated, Michigan.

The MSU loss has zero bearing on this, in fact Jackson took the loss hard because he feels he's already a Spartan. I still think it's 60-40 favoring MSU at worst.

I'm hearing the same chatter about Kansas, Zona is out, MSU has been the one constant. I couldn't see a situation where his mother doesn't allow him to sign with MSU and play his one college season with his friends. maybe his mom doesn't like the girlfriend, who knows? may not be the case, just speculating. IN the end i think he ends up in EL

Well, 60-40 might be really wrong. Jackson may be committing to Kansas tonight. Damn. Still a great class. Top 3.

And he is being forced to do this. He would already be an MSU commit if it were up to him. This stinks to high heaven. Kansas came in late and Bill $elf ponied up to his handlers. Why wouldnt you cheat? Kansas just got caught paying a recruit a couple years ago and they faced no real Penalty.

Last edited:
Anthony Livingston Arkansas State is a 16 and 10 guy. Can we get him?

Is he available? Only news I saw on him were his stats and an article about being arrested. dude sounds like trouble maybe - was charged with punching a cop in the throat. The article says he was threatened with a tazer for being combative and resisting arrest and he responded by punching the cop in the throat.

Is he available? Only news I saw on him were his stats and an article about being arrested. dude sounds like trouble maybe - was charged with punching a cop in the throat. The article says he was threatened with a tazer for being combative and resisting arrest and he responded by punching the cop in the throat.

I thought I read that he was transferring, but damn I didn't know all about that. I just want a capable scorer down low. Can we get Nix back for a season? I miss having a big body down low who demanded the ball.

Last edited:
we just offered 2016 big man Taurean Thompson

Back