Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

My buddy was telling that he heard that Josh Jackson might skip college basketball and go play professionally overseas. Any truth to this?

Edit: I can't find anything credible online.

Last edited:
My buddy was telling that he heard that Josh Jackson might skip college basketball and go play professionally overseas. Any truth to this?

Edit: I can't find anything credible online.

He'd be a fool not to at least consider it - who knows, maybe that's why he's having such a hard time making up his mind.

The wheels are in motion for Jackson to visit MSU for senior day vs osu

Jackson said hes going to decide in the next 3-4 weeks. Possibly the McD AA Game?

Jackson said hes going to decide in the next 3-4 weeks. Possibly the McD AA Game?

3-4 weeks? at this point, why even bother making that announcement? Sounds like maybe it's been a week since anyone asked him about his decision and he's feeling lonely and deprived of attention.

Last edited:
Could be nothing, but 5 star SF Terrence Ferguson decommitted from Bama and is thought to be strongly considering Kansas who was his leader for a long time. Could be Jackson told the Kansas no and they went after Ferguson hard, could be nothing.

Josh Jackson is taking his last official visit this weekend and he is visiting...Michigan State!!!

Senior day against OSU, should be electric! Perfect environment to close in this. Wow.

Josh Jackson is taking his last official visit this weekend and he is visiting...Michigan State!!!

Senior day against OSU, should be electric! Perfect environment to close in this. Wow.

Im liking this, somebody has to go to make room for him! Was JAckson the one who made up the t shirt with the 5 names? Not sure if it is internet lore or truth. This has to happen.

The more I watch the team the more frustrated Schilling looks to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he left. Although I would love to have him stay and Bess leave. Schilling is god awful around the rim but at least there is potential in him.

The more I watch the team the more frustrated Schilling looks to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he left. Although I would love to have him stay and Bess leave. Schilling is god awful around the rim but at least there is potential in him.

He hasnt really improved much he would be a candidate id think.

Cassius Winston will be in the visit with Bridges and Jackson too.

The Izzone needs a Jackson chant, Get that to Trevor, I dont post much anymore there. In fact when it changed from tailgate I think I lost my ID...

This is going to happen. :nod:

Given the makeup of next year's team we'd need big men more than 3-4 guys. Maybe schilling could pay his own way. His dad was a publishing exec overseas.

Given the makeup of next year's team we'd need big men more than 3-4 guys. Maybe schilling could pay his own way. His dad was a publishing exec overseas.

My guess is that Bess leaves, he'll be about 6th on the depth chart at the 3/4.

I also think Davis returns. A Lineup of:

PG- Tum Tum
SG- Langford
SF-Jackson
PF- Bridges
C- Davis
Bench-
G- Harris
G- McQuaid
G- Winston
F- Schilling
F- Clark
F- Goins
F- Ward

Those 12 are going to play with maybe Goins and Clark getting limited minutes. And Tum Tum will start, he's exactly what you want with that young group of players, a vet who will settle us down and direct the offense. Langford will start ahead of Eron Harris IMO, he's at least as good as Gary Harris was coming in. Ahrens will red shirt. Goins is only on scholly for this year.

JJ visited AZ Dec 19th and they played UNLV in a sleeper zzzz. He didnt attend a Kansas game that I know of so hes going to be in a completely different element tomorrow. "you bess be goin fellas to make way for JJ" (Yes, I just thought of that).

My guess is that Bess leaves, he'll be about 6th on the depth chart at the 3/4.

I also think Davis returns. A Lineup of:

PG- Tum Tum
SG- Langford
SF-Jackson
PF- Bridges
C- Davis
Bench-
G- Harris
G- McQuaid
G- Winston
F- Schilling
F- Clark
F- Goins
F- Ward

Those 12 are going to play with maybe Goins and Clark getting limited minutes. And Tum Tum will start, he's exactly what you want with that young group of players, a vet who will settle us down and direct the offense. Langford will start ahead of Eron Harris IMO, he's at least as good as Gary Harris was coming in. Ahrens will red shirt. Goins is only on scholly for this year.

At this point, I'd rather start McQuaid over Tum Tum. He's so limited offensively he really is a liability. It's 4 on 5 when he's out there. That is NOT what the young guys need. Tum cannot create his own shot and is horrible creating for others.

At this point, I'd rather start McQuaid over Tum Tum. He's so limited offensively he really is a liability. It's 4 on 5 when he's out there. That is NOT what the young guys need. Tum cannot create his own shot and is horrible creating for others.

I think Tum Tum will still start if he's healthy so that he can set the tone defensively. But as far "settling" us down first he needs to settle himself down. He can get to the basket but he's so often out of control in doing so that he is rarely able to finish. How much he plays after that will depend on how much he can give offensively. Such a young team will need his leadership next year as I see no other obvious candidates. Leaders have a lot more clout though when they can actually give you something on the court too.

I would rather see Winston backing him up with McQuaid playing his more natural 2 spot. And you've still got Harris and Langford (who I think in such a configuration would play more 3 than 2).

Man, that's a lot of bodies to try and get PT for especially if Jackson comes aboard. I guess one could call that a good problem to have, but it will present Izzo with some challenges as far as finding the right mix.

Last edited:
“I grew up a Michigan State fan,” said Jackson, who starred for Detroit Consortium, contributing 22 points and 13 rebounds in a Class C state title game win two years ago. “I love Coach Izzo and the way he coaches. I love the style of play they play with … fast.

“It was real good seeing them practice and prepare for the game the day before, watching the film session and then seeing how they went out and executed the plan today.”

Yeah, this kid is all Green!!!

Back