Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU basektball recruiting

I believe a few weeks ago it was mentioned. Hes going to be ready after 3 id think. You have to think when he and Izzo met they discussed the scholly situation. If Izzo didnt have a plan we wouldnt be in his top 2. I thik Az is the fallback if hes unable to free something up. goins, bess, clark or ellis have to go next year.

I think the deal with Goins is he's on scholarship this year (after Swanigan bailed) but would probably have to go back to walk-on status next year or go on a non-athletic scholarship. Even with that they'd be 1 over the limit if Jackson signed on, which would mean someone else would still have to transfer out (or declare for the draft).

One other possibly might be Harris declaring. Probably not a good idea given his 'tweener skillset and his spotty play early on. But more games like the other night and being a 4th year guy he could decide to strike while the iron is hot. There is going to be such a logjam at the 2 and 3 spots next year regardless.

Last edited:
1 nation is tweeting that it's not a 2 horse race but that's his aau team run by his mother. She's running the show, it sounds like Jackson wants msu and mom wants to keep options open. Jackson pushed bridges and Winston to commit to msu a while back, he's part of the driving force behind those class t shirts with all of their names.

Seems like mothers don't like MSU

His mom loves Izzo, Josh loves MSU. They're taking their time, but it's been said his mom favors MSU because of the way Izzo cares about his players. And yeah, Jackson helped recruit Winston and Bridges to MSU.

tweet from one nation that JJ will visit Kansas 1/23, what mom wants mom gets. too bad because that is the MD game, could be 1 vs 2 or at least two top 5 teams in EL that day

tweet from one nation that JJ will visit Kansas 1/23, what mom wants mom gets. too bad because that is the MD game, could be 1 vs 2 or at least two top 5 teams in EL that day

Half of a top 5 at least - Maryland is still ranked 5th in one poll.

Izzo was watching Cassius tonight but his little brother Zach had a better game than anyone on the floor. I looked him up and he doesn't appear on any recruiting site. Is he not a great prospect?

Izzo was watching Cassius tonight but his little brother Zach had a better game than anyone on the floor. I looked him up and he doesn't appear on any recruiting site. Is he not a great prospect?

Does he play a lot? what position? Maybe because he's class of 2018 and not getting enough PT. It seems like unless you're going to be one of those big body, NBA ready power or sometimes small forward studs or maybe the best point guard in the class it seems like you don't get real attention until your junior year. If he's a PG and playing behind his big brother or some other D1 player, he may not be getting seen enough or rating services aren't paying as much attention yet.

Edit: this could have something to do with it - never heard of 6 deep basketball but they rate Zach 70th in the state for the class of 2018 (look at the pics of the 3 kids at the top for the class of 2018 - they look really, really young). I have no idea who the guy making the list is or if he is any good and again, it could just be a function of his age and who he is currently playing behind. I would expect this list will change dramatically over the next two years - particularly if he's consistently as good as you saw last night...

http://6deepbasketball.com/2018_Michigan.html

Last edited:
http://www.scout.com/high-school/ca...-josh-jackson-talks-kansas-official-top-three

Jackson lists us in his top 3, first school he mentioned, calls us home. Asked about the McD's game he said the players he is looking forward to playing with are Josh Lanford and Miles Bridges. Had good things to say about Kansas and Zona too, but I think he's ours to lose.

I think if it were only up to Josh he'd be signed by now. It's his mom letting this play out, very involved in the recruitment. Jackson was a big fan of the 5 person class t shirt, recruited bridges to MSU, etc.

I think if it were only up to Josh he'd be signed by now. It's his mom letting this play out, very involved in the recruitment. Jackson was a big fan of the 5 person class t shirt, recruited bridges to MSU, etc.

The 5 person class T-Shirt was Jackson's idea. His mom is a big fan of Izzo though too. Kansas and Zona are in it, he had a good visit to Kansas. We will get his last visit, I think he'll decide in early March.

I'd say it's 50% MSU, 30% Zona, and 20% Kansas about now. But who knows.

That class would be insanely athletic, when you have a kid like Josh Langford in the class and he would be the 3rd best athlete in a 5 man class, that is ridiculous. Langford is a plus athlete in his own right, probably a little bigger, quicker, and more explosive version of Gary Harris. With all the gushing about Bridges and Jackson, we have a pretty special player in Langford too, and everything I've read about him says he's a born leader and a great kid.

The 5 person class T-Shirt was Jackson's idea. His mom is a big fan of Izzo though too. Kansas and Zona are in it, he had a good visit to Kansas. We will get his last visit, I think he'll decide in early March.

I'd say it's 50% MSU, 30% Zona, and 20% Kansas about now. But who knows.

That class would be insanely athletic, when you have a kid like Josh Langford in the class and he would be the 3rd best athlete in a 5 man class, that is ridiculous. Langford is a plus athlete in his own right, probably a little bigger, quicker, and more explosive version of Gary Harris. With all the gushing about Bridges and Jackson, we have a pretty special player in Langford too, and everything I've read about him says he's a born leader and a great kid.

we're spoiled with a 5 star being the forgotten man. That's a good assessment of Langford, Jackson is a sure fire lottery pick and potential NBA star.

we're spoiled with a 5 star being the forgotten man. That's a good assessment of Langford, Jackson is a sure fire lottery pick and potential NBA star.

Multiple sources saying Jackson is still an MSU lean and that our staff is confident we are getting him. Miles Bridges is also turning up the heat.

There are some people that said that Jackson as a junior was better than Ben Simmons as a senior last season.

Multiple sources saying Jackson is still an MSU lean and that our staff is confident we are getting him. Miles Bridges is also turning up the heat.

There are some people that said that Jackson as a junior was better than Ben Simmons as a senior last season.

How are we going to make room for him? would we have to wait until the end of the season to make decision to see whats happening with everyone else?

How are we going to make room for him? would we have to wait until the end of the season to make decision to see whats happening with everyone else?

Won't need to make room until the off season.

Also, I don't trust any of these "sources". We've all seen how accurate they've been.

yeah, now that everyone wants to keep Ellis after that 5 minute performance las night things have only gotten more complicated!

Back