Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

Livers is going to be great. If Moe and DJ are both still here next year, our frontcourt is going to be really good. Like, really really good.

Reports from practice say he is very good. He was a 5 star recruit at one time, I believe.

Those same reports bragged about how good Donnal was a few years ago in practice and that Austin Davis is a stand out this year despite the fact he can't steal minutes from Teske. I trust no practice reports.

Those same reports bragged about how good Donnal was a few years ago in practice and that Austin Davis is a stand out this year despite the fact he can't steal minutes from Teske. I trust no practice reports.

Might have to trust some of it, seeing as how good this team really is overall. These practice guys have got to making the starters better.

Big difference is that Charles Matthews has a massive offer sheet, I don't think Donnal, Davis, or Teske had near the lists.

Big difference is that Charles Matthews has a massive offer sheet, I don't think Donnal, Davis, or Teske had near the lists.

Oh I agree. I think he'll be great. I just don't trust all the practice reports. The last one that turned out to be true was in 2013 when Levert was about to burn his redshirt.

I think we were Donnal's only offer and he committed right away. Butler, Purdue, and IU were recruiting him but they didn't make offers.

Jury's still out with Davis. I share your hesitance mainly because of the Donnal thing, but the reason Davis isn't getting any minutes is because he's redshirted. It sounds like they decided to go that route pretty early in the process, and mainly just because of Teske's superior size. Based on Beilein's comments (and I do like that the hype is coming from him, not another player) it sounds like he regrets that decision.

Every time I think about Mr. Basketball I think of Antoine Joubert. Who was a bust and a half..

Basically, go to Duke or Kentucky and be another faceless guy that gets pushed through the muck and into the league, or go to Michigan and develop a bit and become a legend.

Texas, who wants to go there for hoop?

Last edited:
Basically, go to Duke or Kentucky and be another faceless guy that gets pushed through the muck and into the league, or go to Michigan and develop a bit and become a legend.

Texas, who wants to go there for hoop?

I remember a time, not too long ago I think, that Texas had a top 10 football team and a top 10 basketball team. Amazing how times sure have changed since then.

I didn't know he views himself as a stretch 4. This is the first time I've felt any bit of hope. Maybe this was already known, but I haven't followed the coverage that closely. Some other encouraging signs in the article as well.

Back