Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Men's Basketball Recruiting

JB needs to pull all the stops to get Bamba! !! Michigan so needs to hit on a kid like him . Jb needs to impart on him on how special in michigan history he could be if he comes. Or something. Anything ... Jb needs to deliver ..

JB needs to pull all the stops to get Bamba! !! Michigan so needs to hit on a kid like him . Jb needs to impart on him on how special in michigan history he could be if he comes. Or something. Anything ... Jb needs to deliver ..

No, not all the stops...

There are certain stops that don't need to be pulled out.

I do hope Michigan gets this guy.

Ohio Bobcats PG Jaaron Simmons (15.9 ppg, 6.5 apg) will grad transfer to Michigan and be eligible to play next season

Ohio Bobcats PG Jaaron Simmons (15.9 ppg, 6.5 apg) will grad transfer to Michigan and be eligible to play next season

Just saw that. Kind of surprised i didn't get a notification from ESPN or bleacher report. Oh well...

I'm reading that he's declared for the draft? I guess he's pulling his name?

Also, if Beilein OK'd this, I would assume he believes Wilson and Wagner will pull their names, too. I don't think there's a chance in Hell that he'd give the last scholarship to a PG when our front court would look like a stack of paper towels to opposing big men.

If either or both do go pro that would open up more spots, so I don't think this is related. They were always going to go after another ballhandler.

Last edited:
Just watched some film...damn, just what the dr ordered. As long as the turnovers come down he looks like an extremely effective weapon. I wasn't expecting to land a true pg for some reason.

Yes, that name came out of nowhere, but I like what I'm reading.

So either Beilein has pulled the offer for Bamba because he's pretty confident that both Wilson/Wagner are staying, or the offer is still on for Bamba and he knows one of those guys is leaving.

side note: Pitt grad transfer eliminated Michigan. He's visiting UK.

Most probably already knew that, but I didn't see it posted.

I wonder how this impacts this

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/04/high-scoring_grad_transfer_jam.html

James Daniel III, college's basketball's leading scorer in 2015-16, is using one of his official visits to come to Michigan.

A grad transfer from Howard, Daniel will visit U-M on May 29, he told MLive on Wednesday. By that time -- five days after the NCAA's withdrawal deadline for underclassmen in the NBA Draft -- Michigan should have a clearer picture of his scholarship situation.

Last edited:
I'm not crazy about Daniel in reading more about him. He was the leading scorer at Howard by taking a laughable amount of shots. He wasn't super efficient and he doesn't shoot the three very well. He's undersized, basically seems like the poor-man's Marcus Keene, and this team doesn't need that.

Simmons seems like he's cut very much out of the Walton mold, minus the outside shooting.

Now we'll get Bamba and Teske will transfer to Ohio. This is actually kind of a sign and trade situation. You heard it here first.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yeah, it fills basically the biggest hole on the team.

If the two forwards come back (Wagner and Wilson), they will be very solid from top to bottom and have the pieces to go far in March.

But who the hell knows, it's all so fluid during the season, players step up, players regress, people get hurt.

Yeah, there is discussion about him on page 13.

Holy shit weeks ago lol !!! I looked on page 13 am must be blind as a bat. Probably why I missed it. Still can't find it. Anyway he looks decent ..

Last edited:
Back