Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

#19 in both polls

wlvrnstlr4life said:
Awe shit, we're moving up.

Michigan is probably right around the 19th best team in the country, why not?

M beat Notre Dame that folks thought had a pretty good team and could still have a good season, and SDSU, who is supposed to be pretty good team non-AQ conference team.

So far the M defense looks better; not sure how good the B1G campaign will go but I expect it will go better than last season - sure hope so.

Gonna watch them one game at a time.

After considering it, rankings are not something that the team ultimately controls. So, why not just take it as a compliment. I expect they will win pretty convincingly next week against the demoralized gophers and move up a few more spots. Maybe DR can get his passing stats into some kind of respectable shape against Minny. Need to work on that for the B10 campaign. I think what we saw in the first half of yesterday's game is what this team is capable of when things are working on both sides of the ball. Now, if we can just get the passing game together.

It will be interesting to see how well we play on the road. Though playing in the Big House has been awesome.

GO BLUE!

Like uofm06marine said I like it because it upsets the MSU fans that all they have is 3 straight wins completely forgetting the 6 straight UM had before this little streak. I think UM has looked like a top 25 team lately but have not really played that many great teams and am not sure if they could beat many of the other top 25 teams but definitely think they have look pretty solid in the early going

the best thing about our ranking is that we haven't played well, but we have improved, and I expect us to keep getting better.

We look better in Sagarin's rankings. he has us 15th; we are ranked higher and have played a tougher SOS so far than our next three opponents.

This is just too familiar to the prior couple of seasons. We are still too one-dimensional on offense and way, way too many holes in the defense. So sorry, I don't buy we're the 19th best team. I only see a couple of teams on this week's list I think we could beat. South Carolina? Baylor? Illinois (I sure hope so)? Arizona St.? IMO we're still quite a ways from being a legit Top 20 team (at the end of the season).

I don't know about that... I've seen a couple other teams in that top 25 play. OkSt and TAMU both looked like garbage in that game. Baylor... SouthCar... South Fla, FSU, Clemson... I'm not really impressed by those teams either. They have garbage offenses, and give up a lot of points. We haven't been playing lights out, and our passing game is horrible, but it's not like those teams have been either. I don't know how we would stack up against good top 10 teams, but I don't agree with you when you say we don't belong in the Top 20

Now, to some, i was not saying this was a bad thing. I like creeping up the polls. We did the same thing in '97. I was basically saying, "here we go again, let's see where we end up this time." In fact, we are a better team right now than Nebraska. Maybe not in the future, but right now we are. As far as i'm concerned, not including Oregon, from 8-20 there is not much separation between the teams. That is just my opinion, of course.

I haven't seen nebraska play yet, but I agree with you for the most part

MichChamp02 said:
I haven't seen nebraska play yet, but I agree with you for the most part

They played here in Wyoming last night. They don't look good at all right now. They have been very sloppy for this first 1/3 of the season. It's kind of funny, but people are complaining about Martinez's passing ability.

Nebraska seems to have some strong parallels with Michigan in many ways these days ...

From Callahan : Rich Rod to the "Restore the Glory" of Pelini & Hoke.

NU is in for a wake-up and next week at Camp Randall will be very telling for how ready the school is for the Big Ten.

Back