Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2013 mock draft

baitnbat

Walter football has us picking
10. Demarcus Milliner cb Alabama
40. Eric Reid s LSU
70. Cobi Hamilton wr Arkansas

I would love this draft.

A little too high for reid i think. Like the milliner pick but id rather have a top 10 de.....i think theres more value at de in this draft.

Walter football has us picking
10. Demarcus Milliner cb Alabama
40. Eric Reid s LSU
70. Cobi Hamilton wr Arkansas

I would love this draft.

would love to get a CB, DE & S in the first 3 rounds that can be starter material sometime during the season

Last edited:
would love to get a CB, DE & S in the first 3 rounds that can be starter material sometime during the season

Milliner is currently the only projected first round CB. I think were better off targeting a starting CB in FA than grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd round if we dont take MIlliner in the 1st. A 2nd or 3rd round S can definitely start on this team. Im all on board for a 1st round stud DE....there will be like 4-5 of them to chose from this draft.

Were gonna have cap issues so I don't see a fa cb making a difference because what we can afford will be crap. How's those de's size most seem like 3-4 olb? Corner in the 1st and hopefully a 4-3 de slips to the 2nd. Maybe they can find some freak de in the later rounds from a small school we can coach up. As for S the 3rd should get us a solid player but please no cb converts that can't tackle.

Were gonna have cap issues so I don't see a fa cb making a difference because what we can afford will be crap. How's those de's size most seem like 3-4 olb? Corner in the 1st and hopefully a 4-3 de slips to the 2nd. Maybe they can find some freak de in the later rounds from a small school we can coach up. As for S the 3rd should get us a solid player but please no cb converts that can't tackle.

Theyre enormous. Damontre Moore, Bjoern Werner, Tank Carridine, Sam Montgomery are al giant 4-3 DEs. Barkecucmunga Mingo is the only smaller 4-3 DE but has a frame where he can easily add weight if needed. Moore we probably need to be top 5 to get. Werner is a more realistic option and is a workhorse and solid vs the run.

Also, cap shouldnt bee horrible if we make the proper cuts. Burleson, Avril, C williams etc.

edit...tank carriddine tore his acl and is now projected bottom first early 2nd. Dion Jordan and Ezekial Ansah are other projected top 20 DEs. Ansah has a ton of size at 6'6 270+ lbs and a 39 inch vertical lol.

Last edited:
I'm not a big college guy so I went to walter to look at the DE's. They all have height 6'4+ so they have the frame to put on more weight but most are light. Probably old weigh in's and the combine will tell all but we need a DE around 270 that can also play the run.

Walters top 10 4-3 DE's
Damontre Moore 250
Sam Montgomery 260
Barkevious Mingo 240
Bjoern Werner 255
Alex Okafor 265
Dion Jordan 243
Corey Lemonier 246
Ezekiel Ansah 270
Tank Carradine 265
Margus Hunt 280

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DE.php

I'm not a big college guy so I went to walter to look at the DE's. They all have height 6'4+ so they have the frame to put on more weight but most are light. Probably old weigh in's and the combine will tell all but we need a DE around 270 that can also play the run.

Walters top 10 4-3 DE's
Damontre Moore 250
Sam Montgomery 260
Barkevious Mingo 240
Bjoern Werner 255
Alex Okafor 265
Dion Jordan 243
Corey Lemonier 246
Ezekiel Ansah 270
Tank Carradine 265
Margus Hunt 280

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013DE.php

most of the top guys are draft eligble juniors....that means theyre 20 years old and most of them definitely have the frame to add weight. Mingo and Jordan are lighter 4-3 guys that could be 3-4 guys....but they are saying they are long and athletic enough to set the edge.

Back