Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 NFC Playoff Thread

Caldwell..
What does Caldwell say to Lions fans who say the program isn’t heading in the right direction at this point?
Caldwell has made the playoffs in two of his previous three seasons, and there’s still a lot of football to played this season, but 6-6 is certainly not where this team and these fans expected to be after 13 weeks.

“I really talk to my guys,” Caldwell said. “My guys that play the game. There’s going to be varied opinions outside of this building. There are going to be some that think you’re doing great. There are going to be some that think you’re doing poorly. You’re not going to please everybody."

I'm glad he talked to his guys. Schmuck.

Guys lkp is right. If we never had any injuries, coaches didn't suck, Stafford didn't play 3/4 of every game shitty, and the defense wasnt awful... then we would win every game.

Never looked at it that way. Maybe LKP is onto something. If all those goddamn variables weren't there, were sb champs. Damn you variables!!!!

Anyway to draft these variables. With the 12th pick in the 2018 draft, the Detroit Lions select No Injuries.

For a passing team, weather/wind is a big factor, especially a blizzard game when your Oline and top back (Reggie Bush) was hurt. Eagles had their shifty back for that game

Injuries. One team has an advantage over the other almost every game. Recently Ravens and Vikings had big injury advantages over the Lions. Backups hurt also adds to problems. Quality of the starter missing is a big factor too compared to the backup. for instance Bradford is meh, nice low bar for Keenum to beat.

Referee mistakes, especially at the end of game can cost a team wins. I don't see many huge referee mistakes in the Lions favor. Never at the end of a game either. Referee competence is a league problem but somehow has hurt the Lions more in close games

All games should be in domes with much better reffing, especially in the last 2 minutes of games when the league does the challenging

Win out
Panthers 1-3
Falcons 2-2

Or
Panthers 2-2
Falcons 2-2
Seattle 2-2

Playoffs still can happen. Bring on the Bucs

Quite honestly, I don't want to see this team in the playoffs at this point. They'll be a WC, some team will put a fist their their skull, Caldwell will keep his job because this franchise has such a low bar, and the cycle will continue.

Shit needs to change, and change now.

Lions are better than all 4 teams they face. Depends on injuries now. Injuries are the Lions only obsacle

Where have I heard this before... Oh yeah.

"Lions are better than all 5 teams they face." (before Baltimore)

Oops.

Your trajectory cracks me up.

Immediately after loss: You are in line with how we feel and what is really accurate.
Day or two later: Little less honest, start to warp into LKP persona.
Current day: Full-blown homerism to counter the negativity on this board.

Your trajectory cracks me up.

Immediately after loss: You are in line with how we feel and what is really accurate.
Day or two later: Little less honest, start to warp into LKP persona.
Current day: Full-blown homerism to counter the negativity on this board.

Your negativity is not accurate. Backups and backups to the backups got beat. Injuries must be observed

Lions can and should win out. You should believe that. This team is good

I ask the same question I've asked over, and over, and over again. What have they shown AS CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED, injuries or not, that leads you to believe they can do ANYTHING?

The answer is nothing. They suck. They are mired in the NFL doldrums of being a really, ridiculously average team.

Back