Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2017 Playoffs - Astros electronic sign stealing - Now Astros fire Luhnow and Hinch

Seems the writing may already be on the wall for Joey Cora.
Cora apparently devised and implemented the sign-stealing plan while a bench coach in 2017 for the Astros ..and under increasing suspicion as manager for the Red Sox in 2018.

If MLB's investigation proves the Red Sox guilty ..they will probably receive even harsher penalty than the Astros.

Not "Joey" Cora .. rather, Alex Cora!

An early favorite quote for me:

"I'd like my career numbers against Altuve, Springer, and Correa erased from the record books. Seriously though, it's bad. Can they do that?"

— Phil Hughes (@PJHughes45) January 13, 2020

If Bonds and Clemons are kept out of the HOF because they are suspected of using PEDs, these Astros or Red Sox players should be "banned" as well.

https://www.blessyouboys.com/2020/1...s-alex-cora-carlos-beltran-aj-hinch-jim-crane
Bless You Boys Tigers Blog Podcast 66: Astros bang their way into the doghouse. 56 minutes.
The BYB staff talks the week in baseball news from a Tigers perspective.

The Tigers signed Ivan Nova, which is cool and all, but like all the moves this offseason, they promise a more watchable brand of baseball but don?t do anything for the organization?s longer term goals. But yeah we?re gonna talk a whole bunch about the Houston Astros sign stealing scandal, and the fallout from the isolated, but stern punishments delivered by MLB on Monday.

In the final analysis, pitchers and catchers are the ones needing a technological solution, and some way to surreptitiously convey signs needs to be developed in a hurry. One of the wilder things about the Astros scheme is just how low tech and brazen their signaling system was. Probably other teams who really wanted to could come up with something rather more clever.

Somehow the players involved escape punishment, which sucks, and other than the draft picks, Jim Crane and the Astros get to move on like nothing happened. Other than in the court of opinion where their 2017 World Series title will forever be tainted. Man, these are tough times for a baseball fan. MLB has so many credibility problems going on at once. Can we ever just get back to baseball?

Not bloody likely.

I'm not really outraged by this, but I wasn't by PED use either. However, IMO, this is a worse offense than PED's

Back