Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2020 Playoff Qualifiers

Polish-Hammer

I believe that the qualifiers are supposed to start on the 1st of August.

They also released a handful of exhibition games.

Tuesday, July 28
Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Philadelphia Flyers, 4 p.m.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens, 8 p.m.
Edmonton Oilers vs. Calgary Flames, 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday, July 29
Tampa Bay Lightning at Florida Panthers, 12 p.m.
Colorado Avalanche vs. Minnesota Wild, 2:30 p.m.
Carolina Hurricanes vs. Washington Capitals, 4 p.m.
St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 6:30 p.m.
New York Islanders vs. New York Rangers, 8 p.m.
Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets; 10:30 p.m.

Thursday, July 30
Nashville Predators vs. Dallas Stars, 4 p.m.
Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets, 7 p.m.
Vegas Golden Knights vs. Arizona Coyotes, 10 p.m.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-stanley-cup-qualifiers-exhibition-games-schedule/c-317433568

Qualifiers schedule.

Apologies for small size, will try to find a bigger image.

EcmdTJIWkAUqPmC

Most games are during my regular sleep schedule.

But I will try to catch what I can. Out of boredom.

They should have just cancelled the playoffs like in 1919 and the European leagues did this year.

I won't be watching either. As much as I enjoy the playoffs from a year ago something this doesn't appease me.

Boring
No Wings

Wings are the most boring team in the league though.

There is only so many times I can watch a team dump the puck in, and go for a line change as the opposition launches a counter attack.

Wings are the most boring team in the league though.

There is only so many times I can watch a team dump the puck in, and go for a line change as the opposition launches a counter attack.

Good point. We are terrible. I just hate seeing us so bad, and want to see another cup run by us some day. Those days were fun !

Rangers first team eliminated from qualifiers.

Carolina the first of eight playoff qualifiers, get themselves a nice rest.

I turned on Blackhawks vs Oilers late first period with game tied 1-1 and see that the NHL has given the Hawks 3 power plays to the Oilers 1 so far. Hawks scored on a 5 on 3right before the period ended to take the lead. Hopefully PP will even up. Not really rooting for Holland but I really hate the Penguins and Blackhawks. Not sure I. Will stay up for it. Hard to get interested in other teams playing.

Last edited:
Bear tipped in the eventually winner on his own net.

Quite unfortunate for Edmonton.

Columbus just blew a 3-0 lead. Heading to ot. They had plenty of chances to get the empty netter to finish the Leafs. Poor Gus. Just stake harder according to the announcers lol.

Leafs Win 4-3 in ot. Tie series 2-2. Back to back games the winning team has made huge comebacks

They wanted it and they got it. Add 16 teams so The Blackhawks and the Canadians can get in and both advance. Just like I said. At least they won't get the top draft pick.

And of course when a team really needs a top pick like Detroit there's a chance it goes goes to Pittsburgh or Edmonton, again. I hate the lottery. They wanted to prevent tanking but I think it's doing it wrong. Top team ( or worst team) should get 30% chance not 18%.

Back