Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 Off-Season Thread

Yeah they are in cap hell. Or is that not a thing?

Ekeler can produce 3 more seasons for sure. Like I said, backload and maybe void year if the draft pick price is right

If they wanted to keep him extending him now would help their cap situation.

Signing a RB to a 3rd contract isn't a very good idea.

Two legit good starting CBs and EDGE/DT and NT back and MIKE LB long term

We could take a QB at 6 now. We won't take a nickel CB at 6. Extra EDGE or can't miss DT in Carter? Guess you could still take a CB for long term since Moseley only one year

Re-signed Will Harris 1 year deal too. Nickel or nickel depth

He actually had an average CB grade last year

Last edited:
If they wanted to keep him extending him now would help their cap situation.

Signing a RB to a 3rd contract isn't a very good idea.

They still have to pay all his guaranteed money though and could be in such cap hell they need to go cheap at RB

Agree not a good idea but Ekeler is at an age still worth it for 2-3 years of production. Lions would be in a better cap situation than the Chargers with a new deal for Ekeler

Two legit good starting CBs and EDGE/DT and NT back and MIKE LB long term

We could take a QB at 6 now. We won't take a nickel CB at 6. Extra EDGE or can't miss DT in Carter? Guess you could still take a CB for long term since Moseley only one year

I wouldn't count on Moseley. He's a decent starting CB but the guy can't stay healthy.

I wouldn't count on Moseley. He's a decent starting CB but the guy can't stay healthy.

Injury risk. Probably incentives and only one year deal. Lions have depth. Okudah is now depth. Jacobs is depth

Injury risk. Probably incentives and only one year deal. Lions have depth. Okudah is now depth. Jacobs is depth

what they are doing is smart. They are filling needs with decent players so they can draft BPA regardless of position. None of the FA additions are likely to be difference makers but all can be solid players and contributors.

Last edited:
what they are doing is smart. They are filling needs with decent players so they can draft BPA regardless of position. None of the FA additions are likely to be difference makers but all can be solid players and contributors.

We need some proven difference makers. It?s year 3 under this regime, rebuild should be over. We need players who can come asap and play at an all pro level.

Depth will come in the mid/late rounds if you draft and develop correctly.

We need some proven difference makers. It?s year 3 under this regime, rebuild should be over. We need players who can come asap and play at an all pro level.

Depth will come in the mid/late rounds if you draft and develop correctly.
You're out of your mind dude ???? rebuild should be over? You can't be serious

I don't see mosley as a starter... he might be like a Mike Hughes replacement without the great name.

Slightly disappointed we didn't upgrade S or LB yet.

CB slight upgrade. DL the same. Overall this defense hasn't improved...yet.

Last edited:
Moseley starter for 49ers. Same with Sutton. Big upgrades.

Hughes was 1st round bust and cheaper. Not a starter add. Moseley is more like elliot but better. Oft injured but good/above average

Dline good with Cominsky

Lb not upgraded though and might not be. They love aa

Last edited:
You're out of your mind dude ???? rebuild should be over? You can't be serious

Hope this is sarcasm?lol

This is the NFL. We see worst to first or playoff berth every year. Year 1 tank, year 2 compete, year 3 playoffs. 3 years is more than enough time to put together a playoff football team.

Lions will always be building like any team and interchanging big cap guys, resigns and fas

They have a playoff caliber roster right now and are nfc north favorites even

Hope this is sarcasm?lol

This is the NFL. We see worst to first or playoff berth every year. Year 1 tank, year 2 compete, year 3 playoffs. 3 years is more than enough time to put together a playoff football team.

You're delusional.

Based on a weak schedule 2nd half I see this team as still fighting for . 500. The defense should improved, based on luck how could it not. Though I suspect the offense will drop.

You're delusional.

Ok buddy. If you think rebuilding should take longer than 3yrs, I guess you?re giving a stamp of approval to losing.

Jacksonville is a prime example how quickly a rebuild to playoff should take and they had a hiccup in there w Myers.

Ok buddy. If you think rebuilding should take longer than 3yrs, I guess you?re giving a stamp of approval to losing.

Jacksonville is a prime example how quickly a rebuild to playoff should take and they had a hiccup in there w Myers.

Jags had same record as Lions and Lions crushed them. We may be built more than them. Took 1.5 years for Detroir

Jags had same record as Lions and Lions crushed them. We may be built more than them. Took 1.5 years for Detroir

Jags made playoffs and won a playoff game.

Once Again, you?re happy with meaningless football wins. That?s a loser mentality.

Back