Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4k tv

I just picked up this 24" beaut for FREE.

old-tv1.jpg

has a great picture too. when I watch football, I have no problem seeing all the action and understanding what's going on. I get the same satisfaction from my team winning, regardless of whether I see the victory in HD or analog.

I can save my spare $2000.

Now all you need is an Atari 2600 and your solid.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...4Sw-Set.jpg/800px-Atari-2600-Wood-4Sw-Set.jpg

This is where it all started:

1365960-300px_atari_400p8.jpg

Atari 400
Announced: December 1978
Released: November 1979
Price: US $549.95
CPU: MOS 6502,1.8MHz
RAM: 8K base, 48K max
Display: 24 X 40 text
320 x 192 monochrome
160 x 96 with 128 colors
Expansion: 2 internal expansion slots
1 cartridge slot under front cover
Ports: 4 controller ports
TV video output
Storage: external floppy drive
cassette recorder

That's some good specs.

Don't buy from Best Buy, christ. Depending on what you want, I'll save you the money. I sell these things in Bay City.

4k TV's aren't worth it yet. This time next year, however? Yes. Receivers are available for them now which are capable of handling the movies. A lot of them are capable of upscaling, too. Before you mention how it's just upscaling, the TV's do a remarkable job (depending which one you get and if it even has it.) The 80" Sharp at work does it beautifully, however, it should for being a $5.5k TV.

Just tell me what you're looking for in terms of size, motion rate, 3d/not 3d, smart/dumb and I'll shoot you a fair price less then what you'd get at BB.

I just got Netflix streaming through wifi on my 60' HD Samsung.

Except for going to the bathroom, going to the fridge, and going to the gym, I may never get off my couch again.

Except for going to the bathroom, going to the fridge, and going to the gym, I may never get off my couch again.

Netflix is in 38% of households nowadays. When I tell people they need to get it, NO ONE BELIEVES HOW FUCKIN' AMAZING IT IS.

The original content is amazing. Best $8/mo investment I've ever made.

Netflix is in 38% of households nowadays. When I tell people they need to get it, NO ONE BELIEVES HOW FUCKIN' AMAZING IT IS.

The original content is amazing. Best $8/mo investment I've ever made.

Also one if the best stock purchases I've ever made outside of ford motor company

My TV has its own Netflix button on its remote. Just one easy click..

I had a 50", I moved - movers fucked it up, got money - got 65" instead..

I just moved and I was expecting this to happen, but it didn't.

I've heard a lot of stories of newer TVs not making moves, but I re-packaged mine in the original box and styrofoam, and it seems to be fine. the good thing is that I won't need to fight with my insurance company. bad thing is I now have a 42" plasma that isn't as cool as some of the TVs you guys have :no:

I just moved and I was expecting this to happen, but it didn't.

I've heard a lot of stories of newer TVs not making moves, but I re-packaged mine in the original box and styrofoam, and it seems to be fine. the good thing is that I won't need to fight with my insurance company. bad thing is I now have a 42" plasma that isn't as cool as some of the TVs you guys have :no:

I'm moving again, I'm in a rental at the moment, and I have the original box and all and will do the same.

Apparently my last movers decided to keep the plug, plugged in. By moving it, it just swung around and scratched the front - about a 4 inch gash. I had Stevens Transport and had to fight with them for about 2 months to get back what I thought was fair. It was a pain in the ass..

New plan is to enlist my Brother-in-laws help and move it ourselves.. Only 30 minute drive,

I'm moving again, I'm in a rental at the moment, and I have the original box and all and will do the same.

Apparently my last movers decided to keep the plug, plugged in. By moving it, it just swung around and scratched the front - about a 4 inch gash. I had Stevens Transport and had to fight with them for about 2 months to get back what I thought was fair. It was a pain in the ass..

New plan is to enlist my Brother-in-laws help and move it ourselves.. Only 30 minute drive,

mine is 2 years old now, and there's a noticeable delay when you power it on, but otherwise looks good. maybe I'll give it 2 more years or so. I got a good deal on it at Sears; I think I paid $500, but it was selling for $600 or more everywhere else and Sears even raised the price the week after I bought it.

For additional future proofing, try to get wireless AC connection instead of wireless N, even if you don't currently have a wireless AC router currently (a bit expensive relative to N routers, but price will drop and reasonably priced ones will be out soon enough). If u can't find wireless N, try to make sure it has USB 3.0, can always get an AC dongle to put into USB 3 port. Could use USB 2, but if going with 4k TV, really need the USB 3 and AC to maximize data that TV is receiving.

I don't think 802.11AC is going to make that much of a difference unless you're streaming something from inside your house. with 4x4 MIMO, N can give you up to 600mbps, you'd be looking at 1.3gbps on AC but you're still limited by your ISP which might give you 10mbps or something like that. a chain is only as strong as its weakest link and if the WAN speed is so much less than the local Wifi, then AC won't do a lot for you. it's more for wired replacement in office environments

Streaming Netflix is pretty good...the available assortment is a little bit limited; not everything available on DVD or Blue Ray is available through streaming.

So I upgraded to the 2 discs at a time package.

link removed

Netflix: 4K Video Will Need At Least 15 Mbps

Netflix has stated that the company's goal is to stream content in the 4K format by 2014 or so. Netflix recently started offering Super HD and 3D streams, if your ISP has signed up for the company's new content delivery network. Super HD streams need 5-7 Mbps of bandwidth, while 3D streams need 6-12 Mbps of bandwidth. Rather unsurprisingly, 4K video streams will eat substantially more bandwidth than both.

"It’s around 15 megabits per second," Hastings stated when asked about 4K streaming bandwidth needs. "It’s not too bad. If you've got a 50-megabit connection you’ll be fine."

Meanwhile my first two Netflix DVDs came today...Silver Linings Playbook and Django Unchained.

Both great. I watched the great gadsby on blu ray last night, very good

I know what you guys must be thinking..."Tinsel hasn't seen either 'Silver Linings Playbook' or 'Django Unchained?' Joe Hollywood, my ass..."

Life is inherently paradoxical.

Karl Marx had both a butler and a maid.

Jennifer lawrence has some nice funbags

Back