Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

#8 Florida verses #1 Las Vegas Stanley Cup Finals

I have sound muted . Vegas gets a 5 minute major.

He doesn't hate the Red Wings. Lol. Teams just starting out they want them to compete, brings hope. Vegas, Seattle and whoevers next.

There hasn?t been hope in Detroit in 10 years and every time we stand poised to get a top pick we never do.

Every since the NHL screwed Detroit out of the back to back titles so cry baby Crosby could be the face of the league I know
A rigged sport when I see it.

Just like the nba.

Last edited:
There hasn?t been hope in Detroit in 10 years and every time we stand poised to get a top pick we never do.

Every since the NHL screwed Detroit out of the back to back titles so cry baby Crosby could be the face of the league I know
A rigged sport when I see it.

Just like the nba.
I have hope. Most fans have never seen their team win a cup let alone 4. We're lucky.

I have hope. Most fans have never seen their team win a cup let alone 4. We're lucky.

Not any more

Detroit was 4-2 from 1995 to 2009 .
It may be one more but other teams have shorter and better runs.

Colorado since 1996 is 3-0 I think
New Jersey 3-2 since 1995
Pittsburgh 3-1 in cups form 2008-17 they are 5-1 since the early 1990?s
Blackhawks three in five seasons. 2010-15 (3-0)
Kings 2-0 in a three year span 2012-14
Tampa bay 2-2 since 2015. 3-2 since 2004.

The wings should never be this bad for a 7 years.

Last edited:
Not any more

Detroit was 4-2 from 1995 to 2009 .
It may be one more but other teams have shorter and better runs.

Colorado since 1996 is 3-0 I think
New Jersey 3-2 since 1995
Pittsburgh 3-1 in cups form 2008-17 they are 5-1 since the early 1990?s
Blackhawks three in five seasons. 2010-15 (3-0)
Kings 2-0 in a three year span 2012-14
Tampa bay 2-2 since 2015. 3-2 since 2004.

The wings should never be this bad for a 7 years.
You listed few teams and none 4 cups. Proves my point. If you didn't see a long rebuild not sure what to say. Draft picks losses, no young players worth no vets worth. Dats retired, Zett. retired (hurt) - this team had absolutely nothing until Larkin.. it was going to take awhile.

That hit by Tkachuk was absolutely clean. Not his fault Eichel decided to dive into it.

You listed few teams and none 4 cups. Proves my point. If you didn't see a long rebuild not sure what to say. Draft picks losses, no young players worth no vets worth. Dats retired, Zett. retired (hurt) - this team had absolutely nothing until Larkin.. it was going to take awhile.

Not really. We were in 6 cup finals in a 12 year period. Haven?t done anything since. It?s been 13 years and now 7 since any type of playoffs. It should Not take 7-10 years to build a winner back up no matter how much Gary and the lottery fucked the Red Wings. But it sure wouldn?t hurt to get a top pick when your team sucks as bad as the wings have recently. And no expansion team should get extra special treatment because they Joyner the league. Struggle like the rest of us. The Blackhawks suck for 1 year and get the top pick. It?s frustrating. The piston did not tank and had by far the worst record and fell to 5th.

You will never get me to think lotteries are fair.

Not really. We were in 6 cup finals in a 12 year period. Haven?t done anything since. It?s been 13 years and now 7 since any type of playoffs. It should Not take 7-10 years to build a winner back up no matter how much Gary and the lottery fucked the Red Wings. But it sure wouldn?t hurt to get a top pick when your team sucks as bad as the wings have recently. And no expansion team should get extra special treatment because they Joyner the league. Struggle like the rest of us. The Blackhawks suck for 1 year and get the top pick. It?s frustrating. The piston did not tank and had by far the worst record and fell to 5th.

You will never get me to think lotteries are fair.
What about when we drafted Cade number one? Lottery didn't hate us then.

I agree with Bob in that the 7-year itch is raw. Making the playoffs amounts to getting to 90 points. Wings are 0-5 (full seasons only) in the last seven years, with 80 being the "high-water" mark since 2016.

3-2 who would have thought. Florida with some life.

Last edited:
Period 3 was all Florida but couldn't get the tying goal. BTW, Florida fans are classless.

Back