Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Aaron Glenn rated #1 DC in the league

manchild98

Glenn runs a Detroit Lions defense that is 23rd in points allowed and 15th in yards allowed this season. But Glenn was rated the No. 1 defensive coordinator in the league by the NFLPA poll.

The NFLPA said the survey was given from Aug. 28 to Nov. 16, 2023. There were 864 offensive players, 774 defensive players and 1,025 special teams players who answered the survey. It was clearly based on more than statistical results.

Glenn has been on the hot seat at times in his three seasons as Lions defensive coordinator. In 2021 and 2022, the Lions finished in the bottom five of the NFL in yards allowed and points allowed. There has been improvement this season, and the Lions won the NFC North. Players respect Glenn, who played 15 NFL seasons as a defensive back.

Defensive coordinators

1. Aaron Glenn, Detroit Lions

2. Steve Wilks, San Francisco 49ers

3. Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys

4. Brian Flores, Minnesota Vikings

5. Raheem Morris, Los Angeles Rams

Offensive coordinators

1. Frank Smith, Miami Dolphins

2. Thomas Brown, Carolina Panthers

3. Brian Schottenheimer, Dallas Cowboys

4. Brian Callahan, Cincinnati Bengals

5. Kellen Moore, Los Angeles Chargers

Special-teams coordinators

1. John Fassel, Dallas Cowboys

2. Chris Tabor, Carolina Panthers

3. Matt Daniels, Minnesota Vikings

4. Dave Fipp, Detroit Lions

5. Darren Rizzi, New Orleans Saints

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lions-...lpas-poll-of-best-coordinators-181649614.html

Players only gave their own coordinators ratings 1-10. So he was the highest rated by his own team.

Either they love to play for him, or it's a brilliant attempt to make him seem better so other teams will take him away.

Or it could be related to the midwest generosity in rating. like how a girl can be a 9 here, but in California she would be a 6.

Last edited:
Players only gave their own coordinators ratings 1-10. So he was the highest rated by his own team.

Either they love to play for him, or it's a brilliant attempt to make him seem better so other teams will take him away.

Or it could be related to the midwest generosity in rating. like how a girl can be a 9 here, but in California she would be a 6.

That makes sense. I thought players rated all the coordinators not just their team. The Dolphins OC doesn?t even call the plays and he?s #1 and the Panthers at #2. I wonder if Patricia is ranked dead last.

I don't really know what AG is as a DC cause the D still doesnt have much talent.

I actually do think he would be a better HC than DCord. His strength is development and bonds with the players. Not necessarily scheming and play calling... just my opinion.

Id rather AG leave than Ben.

Arthur Smith and brandon Staley would be a couple candidates for replacement.

Back