Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

After Drawing First Blood, He Soared to Other World Heights

Tommy Boy's dad and Dom from The Blacklist were the first two roles to come to mind.

Death of a Salesman and F/X once I thought about it a bit more.

Tommy Boy's dad and Dom from The Blacklist were the first two roles to come to mind.

Death of a Salesman and F/X once I thought about it a bit more.

Right.

Most of the press trace the start of any degree of celebrity he?s had to ?First Blood;? it was his first major role in what turned out to be a major success.

He actually has 38 credits on IMDb going back five years before that for various character rolls; I remember a small role with Stallone in ?FIST,? Sly?s first project after Rocky that kind of was a dud, and a great small performance as the sympathetic bartender to Dudley Moore in Blake Edwards big hit ?10? with Bo Derek, and Edwards wife Mary Poppins.

I especially fondly remember him from ?Gorky Park.?

Never saw ?Tommy Boy? nor ?Cocoon,? I guess maybe I should.

Brian Dennehy?s prolific resume, IMDb.

Right.

Most of the press trace the start of any degree of celebrity he?s had to ?First Blood;? it was his first major role in what turned out to be a major success.

He actually has 38 credits on IMDb going back five years before that for various character rolls; I remember a small role with Stallone in ?FIST,? Sly?s first project after Rocky that kind of was a dud, and a great small performance as the sympathetic bartender to Dudley Moore in Blake Edwards big hit ?10? with Bo Derek, and Edwards wife Mary Poppins.

I especially fondly remember him from ?Gorky Park.?

Never saw ?Tommy Boy? nor ?Cocoon,? I guess maybe I should.

Brian Dennehy?s prolific resume, IMDb.

Just so you know he wasn't in Tommy Boy very long.

Just so you know he wasn't in Tommy Boy very long.

OK.

The people that are remembering him seem to be remembering him from that.

Or that seems to stand out anyway, among other things.

Last edited:
OK.

The people that are remembering him seem to be remembering him from that.

Or that seems to stand out anyway, among other things.

He was an important part for the time he was on screen and it was a huge hit. I can't say I'm surprised. He got to swap spit with Bo Derek, that's gotta count for something.

He was an important part for the time he was on screen and it was a huge hit. I can't say I'm surprised. He got to swap spit with Bo Derek, that's gotta count for something.

Cool.

He was in ?10,? I don?t remember if they were on screen together.

Back