Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Another school shooting

The thoughts and prayers aren't intended to thwart the upcoming massacres.

The thoughts are to assuage the pain of the survivors of the victims, and the prayers are intended to persuade God to keep from damning the souls of the slain victims to Hell for all of eternity for the sins they had committed for all of their lives, right up until the moment that they were massacred.

They were high school students so most of the dead had all probably engaged in some kind of out of wedlock sexual promiscuity, even if it was only just hand stuff.

God Hates that shit.

It really Pisses Him Off.

Last edited:
always? like when we ended slavery? - remember we fought and killed a bunch of you racist democrats to do it. What a joke! how about when we overwhelmingly supported civil rights legislation? again, against the will of your racist democrats. What a joke! how about before that when we opposed the Democrats and overwhelmingly supported women's suffrage? What a joke!

And how exactly is the right being silent? This thing just happened today - are we supposed to just give in to all the lefts' demands that will do nothing to stop this from happening again but punish law abiding citizens immediately lest we be accused of "more silence" by the likes of you?

It just happened today. What are you talking about this is what the 100+ mass shooting in 2018 and the Nra and Gop say and do the same thing every single time., and even fucking democrats who take blood money from the Nra are a joke. Your fucking funny . The Gop will toe the Nra line lock stock and barrel and for you to say anything else is hilarious but like you always do you like to change the subject. You and the party you support and the president you support are a joke .

So according to you I am a racist democrat now that is so freaking hilarious coming from the likes of you .

Your nothing but a fucking Far Right wing troll who toes the company line ..The Republican party today is a joke, and so is anyone who supports them. Talk about racist . Look at at the dickhead in the oval office and the GOP .

100 + mass shootings !!!!! Will anyone stand up to the NRA!!!!!

The thoughts and prayers aren't intended to thwart the upcoming massacres.

The thoughts are to assuage the pain of the survivors of the victims, and the prayers are intended to persuade God to keep from damning the souls of the slain victims to Hell for all of eternity for the sins they had committed for all of their lives, right up until the moment that they were massacred.

They were high school students so most of the dead had all probably engaged in some kind of out of wedlock sexual promiscuity, even if it was only just hand stuff.

God Hates that shit.

It really Pisses Him Off.

Excellent point that didn't need to be said at one point, but now it does.

Picking on 'thoughts and prayers' was a good point at first when people were observing that some people use it as a defense mechanism to avoid addressing the issue. But from there it became a caricature and a way to poke fun at religious people as if they were saying something they weren't.

A lot of nuance and interpretation from case to case of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irejJm-Bkzk

Maybe if all you're doing is "thoughts and prayers" just keep that to yourself & don't say anything?

Or even if you're actually doing something, like "I'm writing letters to my congressmen to increase the waiting period & ensure background checks are done on all gun buyers," and also providing "thoughts & prayers" ... still keep the thoughts and prayers part to yourself?

Maybe if all you're doing is "thoughts and prayers" just keep that to yourself & don't say anything?

Or even if you're actually doing something, like "I'm writing letters to my congressmen to increase the waiting period & ensure background checks are done on all gun buyers," and also providing "thoughts & prayers" ... still keep the thoughts and prayers part to yourself?

You're asking politicians to stop being politicians. Why even mention 'thoughts'?

Picking on 'thoughts and prayers' was a good point at first when people were observing that some people use it as a defense mechanism to avoid addressing the issue. But from there it became a caricature and a way to poke fun at religious people as if they were saying something they weren't.

For the record, I am all for someone praying for the victims to tragedies like this. It’s the fact that people in power rush to tweet it out and think “I did my job nothing else we can do now” that disgusts me.

I do also hate the average self centered joe that posts this exact same copy/paste refrain on social media every time. You couldn’t pray to yourself and not have to share it for the world? It’s like they think they’re the only one in the whole world that is praying for those victims and has to spread the word.

Last edited:
I do also hate the average self centered joe that posts this exact same copy/paste refrain on social media every time. You couldn?t pray to yourself and not have to share it for the world? It?s like they think they?re the only one in the whole world that is praying for those victims and has to spread the word.

Yeah. My thoughts and prayers go out to those people. But in secret. Pretend I never said that.

no, picking on thought and prayers has always been stupid. Nobody expressing thoughts and prayers was proscribing it as a fix for the problems with these shootings. And I'm pretty sure most of those people didn't think anything beyond thoughts and prayers wasn't necessary. The issue is, when someone differs on how to fix the problem, the intolerant folks like mc, bob and turok ignore their suggestions and boil their actions down to "thoughts and prayers" so they can belittle and impugn them - it's much easier to dismiss people you disagree with offhand than actually discuss differences. It's particularly triggering if the intolerant people are also athiests.

It just happened today. What are you talking about this is what the 100+ mass shooting in 2018 and the Nra and Gop say and do the same thing every single time., and even fucking democrats who take blood money from the Nra are a joke. Your fucking funny . The Gop will toe the Nra line lock stock and barrel and for you to say anything else is hilarious but like you always do you like to change the subject. You and the party you support and the president you support are a joke .

So according to you I am a racist democrat now that is so freaking hilarious coming from the likes of you .

Your nothing but a fucking Far Right wing troll who toes the company line ..The Republican party today is a joke, and so is anyone who supports them. Talk about racist . Look at at the dickhead in the oval office and the GOP .

100 + mass shootings !!!!! Will anyone stand up to the NRA!!!!!

There are anti-gun lobbying groups out there. Do you support them financially? According to what I have read the NRA has 5 million members. If what you think is correct, your "far left" should be able to get 5 million members and generate the revenue necessary to lobby in favor of what you believe in.

There are anti-gun lobbying groups out there. Do you support them financially? According to what I have read the NRA has 5 million members. If what you think is correct, your "far left" should be able to get 5 million members and generate the revenue necessary to lobby in favor of what you believe in.

We'll this isn't just people on one side of an issue against people on the other; gun and ammo manufacturers put their fingers on the scale.

as is the case on most issues, people can't compete with corporate cash.

Someone posted an article here about that psychotic old NRA bitch in Florida who was responsible for Florida having some of the worst gun laws in the nation.

she was making a hefty salary, in addition to having a full office staff to crank out vile and violent messaging... I wonder if the Brady campaign or any of the other gun control outfits have the same sort of resources in individual states like that.

HPD chief said we need to vote out the politicians standing in the way of gun reform. also that without legislative action, there will be more mass shootings in TX. (link) cops haven't spoken out on gun control issues enough.

police unions are extremely powerful, & could conceivably blunt the NRA's power, (if only they were more interested in keeping more guns off the street, instead of protecting cops who murder black people)

School safety should obviously be implemented locally. Hopefully with only a minimal day-to-day role for police in most places. But I think we need some top down expert advice and some funding for studies to come up with some new ideas. Like a task force composed of people from the military, secret service, and college and high school educators that can evaluate proposals for studies on what would actually be effective. I'm unconvinced this isn't an argument between rights based on unrealistic ideas about militias vs. ineffective feel-good but achieve nothing regulation.

You want someone from the military involved? Did you see what they've done to Afghanistan and Iraq? plus they've apparently "misplaced" or "failed to account for" trillions of dollars of overspending. yes, that's trillions with a T. Link.

You put them in charge of school shooting planning, next thing you know, we'll have thousands of kids dead, and demands for $700 BILLION needed to "defend our schools from terrorism." and $700 BILLION is not total project budget or even an annual one... that's just for the next three months. And they will still request more money before 3 months is up.

You want someone from the military involved? Did you see what they've done to Afghanistan and Iraq? plus they've apparently "misplaced" or "failed to account for" trillions of dollars of overspending. yes, that's trillions with a T. Link.

You put them in charge of school shooting planning, next thing you know, we'll have thousands of kids dead, and demands for $700 BILLION needed to "defend our schools from terrorism." and $700 BILLION is not total project budget or even an annual one... that's just for the next three months. And they will still request more money before 3 months is up.

I don't want them in charge. That's the point of my 1st sentence "School safety should obviously be implemented locally." But, gobs of R&D in this country are funded by our very well developed military research entities. The topics are broad enough to cover this. They'd write a solicitation asking for research and strategies to address the issue and bring in experts from schools and local police to evaluate proposals and results.

You could do the same thing through the Department of Education, but I think the DoD would be better suited.

It's a better approach than just guessing/arguing BS political points that will never amount to anything.

Most recent shooting involved a shotgun and a revolver, no assault weapons, and the school had 2 armed guards trained for active shooter scenarios.

Most recent shooting involved a shotgun and a revolver, no assault weapons, and the school had 2 armed guards trained for active shooter scenarios.

It's been a conscientious moral decision by the individual recent shooters, as a protest to the availability and ease of acquiring assault weapons.

Back