Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Are these the End Times?

Throughout the article I was also thinking how absurd it was that the Church is defending itself using definitions of things that it made up and defined.

I'm not convinced that you are willing to look at this issue through another lens but your own. Okay.

Also "To give money to God..." ... how does one do that exactly? Does the Almighty have a bank account with Chase? Does he take VISA?

"God" being His Church on Earth. C'mon, MC, stop arguing like a 9th grader. You are a smart man.

No? I have to give money to these self-appointed human intermediaries, who live quite lavishly off it here on Earth?

That's some selective apportionment of the situation that neglects how much the Church gives back to the world by redistribution. The levels of giving are numerous, from Catholic organizations, parishes, dioceses, etc. Those who have stolen or misused funds have and had to answer for that.

I'm pretty sure that was a Belinda Carlisle solo effort. Belinda was part of the Go Gos, perhaps the only part people remember other than maybe Jane Wiedlin. I remember the video well, way back when music was part of the programming on MTV, because it was it was her comeback after sobering up - she lost a bunch of weight and looked pretty hot.

You?re right!

Circle in the sand was the only single I remember her doing on her own.

But she did say it, and she used to be a gogo, and if they get inducted she?ll go in with them as a gogo, and if they do get inducted, I guess it?ll be ?once a gogo, always a gogo.?

You?re right!

Circle in the sand was the only single I remember her doing on her own.

But she did say it, and she used to be a gogo, and if they get inducted she?ll go in with them as a gogo, and if they do get inducted, I guess it?ll be ?once a gogo, always a gogo.?

I Get Weak is another BC solo song.

I have no doubt she has others.

Before today I was only aware of the one.

yeah, but heaven on earth was the first time we got a glimpse of the new look Belinda Carlisle - if it was on the radio, I would change the channel immediately but 17 year old me definitely watched that entire video every time it came on.

yeah, but heaven on earth was the first time we got a glimpse of the new look Belinda Carlisle - if it was on the radio, I would change the channel immediately but 17 year old me definitely watched that entire video every time it came on.

Yeah she was hot.

Wasn?t she hot for a while with the Gogos and then she fell into her bad habits?

I only have seen Go-Go?s videos years after they were made.

That's some selective apportionment of the situation that neglects how much the Church gives back to the world by redistribution. The levels of giving are numerous, from Catholic organizations, parishes, dioceses, etc. Those who have stolen or misused funds have and had to answer for that.

When I realized the Church claimed "God" appointed them the only people on Earth who can sell indulgences for him, and you have to pay them in order to give money to "God"... I keep thinking of this bit from the Simpsons for some reason:

WalletInspector.jpg

I bet whoever was Pope at the time had the same reaction as Snake when they sold their first indulgence.

Yeah she was hot.

Wasn’t she hot for a while with the Gogos and then she fell into her bad habits?

I only have seen Go-Go’s videos years after they were made.

I want to say the early days of the Go Go’s predated MTV so I’m not sure - don’t recall seeing any album covers or videos from the We Got the Beat days. By the time of Vacation and Head Over Heals, Belinda was pretty chunky as I recall. She was probably one of those girls you would say ‘she’d be cute if she lost 20lbs’. Turns she would be smoking hot if she dropped the weight. But we’re talking about stuff from 30-40 years ago - all I remember for sure is for her solo debut she dropped a bunch of weight and looked hot.

Janet Jackson did the same thing between albums (except she was already a solo artist) in the early 90s when she went from a chunker to smoking hot in that black and white video in the desert. I forget the song it was for but I remember seeing it and thinking ‘man she’s hot, who is that?’ And being surprised to find out at the end it was Janet.

Last edited:
Back