Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Australians set up "Black Box" to record end of human civilization

Michchamp

Link:
The structure is designed to be about the size of a city bus, made of 3-inch-thick steel and topped with solar panels. Its interior will be filled with "storage drives" that gather climate change-related data such as atmospheric carbon dioxide levels and average temperatures. In addition, using an algorithm, it will scour the web for tweets, posts, news and headlines.​

I hope it records some of my best tweets & posts for the future race of Hagfish people (or whatever survives climate change) to read.

I hope it records some of my best tweets & posts for the future race of Hagfish people (or whatever survives climate change) to read.

This is a maybe worthwhile concern. What do we need to say to get on their radar?

I'd love to know what media will be used? The early spacecraft that are now beyond the solar system had floppy disks on board that we can't even read anymore

Back