Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

B1G Saturday's Slate

The only good game is Wisconsin vs. OSU. I plan on doing a bunch of other stuff on Saturday, not related to football, and then watching that game at night.

I'm in a wedding so I plan on drinking free booze. Maybe I'll go motorboating. Are they going to be built for comfort or speed? I don't know, but I will call her...Kitty Kat.

he said he's from ohio.

they don't teaches grammar too good their.

it more like Alabamma than Pennsullvaneea.

I'll call it creative license. Like Dr. Seuss.

Pretty daring to label a B1G game as "least glamorous."

And Masterful Mind of Mitch would benefit from using an AP Style Guide. But there's a home-spun, off-the-hip charm to his tone. Not at all unreadable. And he does his research. Mitch: be more self-critical of your writing and it will improve.

Last edited:
I'll call it creative license. Like Dr. Seuss.

Pretty daring to label a B1G game as "least glamorous."

And Masterful Mind of Mitch would benefit from using an AP Style Guide. But there's a home-spun, off-the-hip charm to his tone. Not at all unreadable. And he does his research. Mitch: be more self-critical of your writing and it will improve.
we was just bustin his balls a lil.

(tho hungry was probably serious)

he said he's from ohio.

they don't teaches grammar too good their.

it more like Alabamma than Pennsullvaneea.

Hey, don't judge all us Ohioans by the actions of a few.

Besides, I'm so close to the border I might as well be in Michigan.

Hey, don't judge all us Ohioans by the actions of a few.

Besides, I'm so close to the border I might as well be in Michigan.

Toledo seems to be the exception...

don't worry... if the Federal government ever collapses, Michigan will finally seize the Toledo strip from the bucknuts.

don't worry... if the Federal government ever collapses, Michigan will finally seize the Toledo strip from the bucknuts.

That ought to make the powers-that-be at UM happy. There's a plaque in downtown Toledo marking the site where the University of Michigan was going to be built before that whole Toledo "War" fiasco (though in reality, the real loser of that non-battle was Wisconsin).

That ought to make the powers-that-be at UM happy. There's a plaque in downtown Toledo marking the site where the University of Michigan was going to be built before that whole Toledo "War" fiasco (though in reality, the real loser of that non-battle was Wisconsin).

they will be losers again.

we'll ally with Wisconsin while we focus on Toledo, and build the Michigan Navy. once that's done, we seize the entire coast of Lake Michigan.

We shouldn't want Toledo and we should let them have Detroit

Anyway, yeah, just busting his balls, but no one should run around implying that they have a masterful mind. It's ok for someone else to say that about you, but you shouldn't feel the need to go running around telling everyone how smart you are. It's better to be humble, like me.

they will be losers again.

we'll ally with Wisconsin while we focus on Toledo, and build the Michigan Navy. once that's done, we seize the entire coast of Lake Michigan.

No can do. Warships haven't been allowed on the Great Lakes since the War of 1812. The lone exception was the battle reenactment near Put-in-Bay earlier this month. We would have to limit the war to land invasions only.

Michigan may have a little more motivation to win, if only to avenge the stabbing of one of their deputies by Ohioan Two Stickney during the Toledo War (I really wish I was making this last part up).

Good god, this has gone off-topic.

Last edited:
No can do. Warships haven't been allowed on the Great Lakes since the War of 1812. The lone exception was the battle reenactment near Put-in-Bay earlier this month. We would have to limit the war to land invasions only.

Michigan may have a little more motivation to win, if only to avenge the stabbing of one of their deputies by Ohioan Two Stickney during the Toledo War (I really wish I was making this last part up).

Good god, this has gone off-topic.

We should airdrop wolverines fitted with parachutes. They'll sort it out.

We should airdrop wolverines fitted with parachutes. They'll sort it out.

Seeing as how the U.S. government considered using "bat bombs" against the Japanese during WWII, the idea of dropping wolverines on our enemies isn't too far out there. I imagine catching the critters would be a pain in the ass, though.

Seeing as how the U.S. government considered using "bat bombs" against the Japanese during WWII, the idea of dropping wolverines on our enemies isn't too far out there. I imagine catching the critters would be a pain in the ass, though.

There's also a challenge in finding a harness they won't chew through on the way down.

I've been on an armed coast guard cutter on Lake Michigan before. If that's not a "warship" then I'm not sure what is. maybe there's a distinction between naval forces and coast guard or something. I remember there being some treaty between the U.S. and Canada regarding this.

anyways, in my hypothetical... there is no more treaty

Back