Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Back up QB

SLICK said:
they're not going to draft a 3rd round QB.....6th, 7th round possibly.

No 6th round pick thanks to Gunter and his mouth and KC being turds.

5th or one of the two 7th round picks.

lionskillpack said:
SLICK said:

or a UDFA if at all......Linehan is notorious for giving his QB1 almost all the practice reps.....not sure how you develop a guy when he doesn't get the reps.

SLICK said:
lionskillpack said:

or a UDFA if at all......Linehan is notorious for giving his QB1 almost all the practice reps.....not sure how you develop a guy when he doesn't get the reps.

Stanton developed just fine

wheels002 said:
SLICK said:

he sure did....the decision he made in the Jets game was brilliant
cool.png

SLICK said:
wheels002 said:

he sure did....the decision he made in the Jets game was brilliant
cool.png

That game was the loudest I have heard Ford Field outside the Monday nighter. After that play it was dead silent. Even the most clueless football fan new that was a tremendous blunder. Just fall down and kill the clock.

Stanton can win you games much like Tebow can win you games. I think Stanton should become a Christian icon, it would be good for his career.

Stanton somehow beat the Bucs on the road.....I was there and still cant believe it

lionskillpack said:
SLICK said:

thought that was last years 6th

mhughes0021 said:
lionskillpack said:

thought that was last years 6th

No they appealed last year and got the league to move the loss of draft pick to this year. It was a future 7th unless the Lions made the playoffs. And boom, Lions made the playoffs so we lose a 6th. We lost a 6th in 2011 because we traded for Lo Jack after training camp in 2010.

Just have Suh be the backup QB... fuck it.

What's it matter anyways... Stafford has 2 bionic shoudlers and a brand new knee. He's basically Clare Bennet at this point...

I'm willing to try out but I want Drew Stanton money. Anything less is an insult.

Hefty lefty is gotta still be out there somewhere. Bring in Lorenzen... always loved watching him run the PA Bootleg anyways...

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm willing to try out but I want Drew Stanton money. Anything less is an insult.

Hope your wrists can handle all that clipboard holding.

Romneybot said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm willing to try out but I want Drew Stanton money. Anything less is an insult.

Hope your wrists can handle all that clipboard holding.

For 1.2m I'll adapt :)

Give jamarcus a call and play him at RT until Staff goes down. Backup QB and starting RT all in one!

mhughes0021 said:
I thought Josh Johnson was 100% lock to go to SF. harbaughs been wanting him back ever since his days in SDSU together. He may even end up the starter there if something weird happens with Alex Smith in coontract negotiations.

That being said....hed be a good back up.

and there ya go....you heard it here first! lol

Josh Johnson - QB - Buccaneers

SI's Peter King believes the 49ers could sign free agent Josh Johnson as a "bridge" to Colin Kaepernick if they fail to sign free agents Peyton Manning and Alex Smith.
The Bucs' backup the past three seasons, Johnson played for Niners coach Jim Harbaugh at the University of San Diego. Johnson has not posted good numbers in the NFL, completing 96-of-177 passes for 1,042 yards, five touchdowns and 10 interceptions, but his familiarity with Harbaugh would certainly make him an option for the 49ers. Johnson has not been formally connected to any teams since the beginning of free agency.

Go sign David Carr on the cheap so we can all reminisce about the 2002 draft... wait.. maybe that's not so good.

But, I haven't heard anything on him signing, and he'd be a serviceable 3rd stringer.

Back