Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Barry Sanders Jr

kdp80

Kids still not getting any playing time. Think there might be 4 runningbacks ahead of him on their depth chart. Wonder if this was Barrys Sr's plan having jr go to a college that is usually loaded with talent at the rb position.

Kids still not getting any playing time. Think there might be 4 runningbacks ahead of him on their depth chart. Wonder if this was Barrys Sr's plan having jr go to a college that is usually loaded with talent at the rb position.

Barry let his son chose where he was going just like he did, even though his dad hated his choice.

Last edited:
Barry let his son chose where he was going just like he did, even though his dad hated his choice.

U sure about that? Thought I read somewhere that Barry wanted him to go to Stanford over OK State. Ill try to find it

U sure about that? Thought I read somewhere that Barry wanted him to go to Stanford over OK State. Ill try to find it

He might have told him he wanted him to go there but it was Jr's decision.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_19853734

The story goes that Barry Sanders was sold on playing football at Stanford when, during a recruiting visit, he walked the campus with Andrew Luck and saw how the star quarterback went unnoticed among the student body.

"That's been exaggerated a little bit," Sanders said. "That was one attraction, but not the deciding factor."

There had been considerable mystery in Oklahoma about where he would attend college, and pressure for him to attend his father's alma mater was mounting. When he stood before the television cameras earlier this month at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl to make his announcement, the caps of four schools were on a table in front of him -- Stanford, Oklahoma State, Alabama and Florida State.

The truth is Sanders long had his heart set on Stanford. But it wasn't until a day earlier that Cardinal coach David Shaw told him he had been admitted.

With his parents behind him, he chose a different path from his father by putting on the Stanford hat.

"I was looking at it more as a football player," he said. "Would I feel comfortable in the offense? After being around Oklahoma State so much the last couple of years, I just thought Stanford would be a better place for me. It had nothing to do with pressure or anything else."

At the Fiesta Bowl, where Stanford lost to Oklahoma State, Luck said he thought Sanders would be a great fit on The Farm and that it's easy to be anonymous.

"On campus we have the president's daughter (Chelsea Clinton), Michelle Wie, professional golfers," Luck said of recent students. "People respect each other's privacy. No one is going to bang on your dorm room or (be) yelling across during class. It has been nice to sort of live your life as a student-athlete."

Sanders is looking forward to it.

"I remember after my first trip, I told my mom, 'This is the place where I want to be,' " he said. "It was just a good feeling."

if youre a big time program you have issues if youre starting a freshman running back. Green isnt even starting for Michigan and he was one of the most highly recruited rbs in the nation.

if youre a big time program you have issues if youre starting a freshman running back. Green isnt even starting for Michigan and he was one of the most highly recruited rbs in the nation.

Sr. didn't start though he was behind Thurman. I love Switzer's quote "Whatever you do , don't hurt Thurman. You don't want to play against this freshman back they have named Barry Sanders". Sure that feeling is true with Jr.

Sr. didn't start though he was behind Thurman. I love Switzer's quote "Whatever you do , don't hurt Thurman. You don't want to play against this freshman back they have named Barry Sanders". Sure that feeling is true with Jr.

Believe he also said something along the lines of "because u guys wont touch that Sanders kid" too, lol

If this kid has something between the ears...it won't matter if he plays a down of football the whole time he's there. He'll come out with one of the best educations you can possibly get, and into a network for future jobs and success that would dwarf a few years in the NFL. Until he really plays and we see if he can actually play at higher levels than high school, he's doing just fine in my book by getting what is one hell of an education.

If this kid has something between the ears...it won't matter if he plays a down of football the whole time he's there. He'll come out with one of the best educations you can possibly get, and into a network for future jobs and success that would dwarf a few years in the NFL. Until he really plays and we see if he can actually play at higher levels than high school, he's doing just fine in my book by getting what is one hell of an education.

I haven't seen you in awhile. How you been?

I haven't seen you in awhile. How you been?

Up and down. I forgot how to find this...and got an email yesterday saying someone was trying to hack into my acct here and now I'm back. It's been bookmarked for my lack of memory.

Up and down. I forgot how to find this...and got an email yesterday saying someone was trying to hack into my acct here and now I'm back. It's been bookmarked for my lack of memory.

I heard, earlier in the year, a couple others got that same email. Not sure what's going on with those hack emails.

First rushing td tonight. Also had a nice run after a catch earlier in the game.

Its good to see a Sanders making cuts like that on a football field again. I dont know if we will ever see a running back play the way Barry did where every time you know something incredible will happen and you stay at the edge of the seat. I will say this Peterson is a great player but he is different. When he gets big runs its more speed and power where sanders just did some incredible things that would cripple a mortal man.

Back