Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bball Grad transfer from Cornell looking at Mich

Alright Wolverines help me out on this, since you know how this works better than myself

Incoming potential freshman: Moritz Wagner, Jaylen Brown
Returning potential: Caris Levert
Transfer potential: Shonn Miller

Assuming Max is gone and let's just say for fun that Caris is back, who ends up coming out of those three, and how many can they have?

From my understanding, the most we can possibly take is three. That would include Caris leaving, Max leaving (he's gone), and Hatch moving to medical scholarship (highly likely). With that being the case, I would put the priority of players in this order:

1. LeVert returning
2. Brown
3. Wagner
4. Miller - Nice get if we swing and miss with Brown and Wagner

LeVert returning and getting Brown is what we all should want. We would easily be a top 10 team next year with them, pushing top 5. We can still bring Wagner on in this situation if Hatch goes to medical.

We are also looking at a big man named Mike Edwards. His page on UMHoops has a couple links on him http://www.umhoops.com/recruits/mike-edwards/.

I think a guy like Mike Edwards is what this program is desperate for. He's 6'10, and you can add 15-20 lbs more of muscle. That's a big man you just tell to box out and rebound.

I think a guy like Mike Edwards is what this program is desperate for. He's 6'10, and you can add 15-20 lbs more of muscle. That's a big man you just tell to box out and rebound.

I'm not giving up on Doyle Rules just yet. Maybe we even get lucky and he grows an inch in the offseason!

Don't know why but when I hear the words "firm up," I picture those old Jenny Craig commercials and those 80s females in the one-piece work out suits.

A guy like Brown can be the difference between being a 15-25 team to a top 5. If they got him and LeVert to come back, wow. They'll be damn good.

A guy like Brown can be the difference between being a 15-25 team to a top 5. If they got him and LeVert to come back, wow. They'll be damn good.

Yes sir. Brown is Scout's #1 player and Rivals' #2. Been a while since Michigan brought in a guy like that.

Brown told ESPN that he would be going to an Adidas school. That would eliminate UK for him. We would be in a battle against Kansas and UCLA. I like our chances against them better than UK.

Last edited:
Brown told ESPN that he would be going to an Adidas school. That would eliminate UK for him. We would be in a battle against Kansas and UCLA. I like our chances against them better than UK.

Did he say it as a hint at his choices or a preference? Huge difference.

Did he say it as a hint at his choices or a preference? Huge difference.

Hint at the choice is my guess. He flat out said it will be an Adidas school and he has recently said Michigan is a front runner. We have a great chance here. His quote:

"Adidas very much looks out. They take care of me and my team and they talk to me about things. They make me feel welcome. I know a lot of the reps and a lot of the head guys. I'm definitely going to an adidas school."

Hint at the choice is my guess. He flat out said it will be an Adidas school and he has recently said Michigan is a front runner. We have a great chance here. His quote:

"Adidas very much looks out. They take care of me and my team and they talk to me about things. They make me feel welcome. I know a lot of the reps and a lot of the head guys. I'm definitely going to an adidas school."

No worries about NCAA violations to be uncovered?

No worries about NCAA violations to be uncovered?

No. Every apparel company does this on the AAU circuit for teams with big time players. Been going on for decades.

College athletes also leave school with a lifetime supply of clothing from Adidas, Nike, etc.

Back