Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bellomy

umwolverines31

Freshman or not this guy blows! He had absoultly no clue what to do out there lastnight. On screen plays he just threw the ball to a spot no matter who was standing there. Everything over 5 yards was overthrown by 20! I have no reason to think this guy will be any good. I guess he was a 3 star for a reason. And as much as a bunch of us liked the idea of DG playing WR, lets just say that was the BIGGEST mistake Hoke has made! Lets all pray that Shane Morris becomes what we expect him to be! If not we are looking at a few years with a guy worse than "Steven Threat" and "Nick Sheridan"!!

Well, in his defense....

He practiced all week as the backup, and was thrust into the spotlight on the road, in a night game, and it's understandable for a 19 year old kid to shit the bed in that scenario.

Hopefully last night was a kick in this kid's ass and he takes every snap a little more seriously in practice. Gotta learn from mistakes.

That's all I got. He was brutal last night, and I'd like to hope it can't get worse than that.

I don't ever want to see him on the field even if we are blowing someone out. I'm already done with him I've seen enough.

Well, in his defense....

He practiced all week as the backup, and was thrust into the spotlight on the road, in a night game, and it's understandable for a 19 year old kid to shit the bed in that scenario.

Hopefully last night was a kick in this kid's ass and he takes every snap a little more seriously in practice. Gotta learn from mistakes.

That's all I got. He was brutal last night, and I'd like to hope it can't get worse than that.

Let's hope he takes snaps seriously from now on, because you can bet your house that he will be playing again this year and he has got to be ready. He showed nothing as a QB last night. He started out weak, and the first pass he completed was wobbly. That interceptiong where he under threw it was rediculous! His receiver was open and he underthrows by a lot with two defenders standing right there to gather it in. Right now Michigan has no reliable backup QB.

i do know why they don't let Devin take snaps
he would have done somewhat better but not as much as folks think

something is off with our qbs and several of us have said the reliance on denard to be our whole offense would be our curse too

Freshman or not this guy blows! He had absoultly no clue what to do out there lastnight. On screen plays he just threw the ball to a spot no matter who was standing there. Everything over 5 yards was overthrown by 20! I have no reason to think this guy will be any good. I guess he was a 3 star for a reason. And as much as a bunch of us liked the idea of DG playing WR, lets just say that was the BIGGEST mistake Hoke has made! Lets all pray that Shane Morris becomes what we expect him to be! If not we are looking at a few years with a guy worse than "Steven Threat" and "Nick Sheridan"!!

Yep, because DG isn't a good WR, so it'd be better to have him at back QB then be a bad WR

Well, in his defense....

Furthermore, in his defense, his WR's stink. His RB's aren't that good and the O-Line can't runblock for shit.

Let's hope he takes snaps seriously from now on, because you can bet your house that he will be playing again this year and he has got to be ready. He showed nothing as a QB last night. He started out weak, and the first pass he completed was wobbly. That interceptiong where he under threw it was rediculous! His receiver was open and he underthrows by a lot with two defenders standing right there to gather it in. Right now Michigan has no reliable backup QB.

Um, Michigan has no reliable QB at all. Denard's health isn't reliable and there's cause for mass panic anytime he drops back to pass.

i do know why they don't let Devin take snaps
he would have done somewhat better but not as much as folks think

something is off with our qbs and several of us have said the reliance on denard to be our whole offense would be our curse too

Well, not to sound like a broken record, but what may be off is that we have no good rb's, WR's, and the O-line doesn't know how to run block. That may affect QB play just a little.

He was terrible and the play calling by Borges was even worse.. Al has not impressed me at all... He runs when he should throw he throws when he should run his feel for the game is suspect right now..He runs wide when the run should be right up the middle... He runs up middle when he should run wide.. Man we really need Morris to be good next year

You can't be too harsh -- Nebraska blitzed the shit out of him, knowing what play was about to be run. Lose-lose situation from the outset

Bellomy and Borges are both terrible. The only screen pass Borges will run is the PA throwback. Nebraska was blitzing the shit out of Bellomy and Borges never called anything to make them pay for sending the house.

I know our WRs are horrendous, but it's pretty clear next year's QB battle will be between Gardner and Morris. 3/16 with 3 picks? What a joke.

Bellomy and Borges are both terrible. The only screen pass Borges will run is the PA throwback. Nebraska was blitzing the shit out of Bellomy and Borges never called anything to make them pay for sending the house.

I know our WRs are horrendous, but it's pretty clear next year's QB battle will be between Gardner and Morris. 3/16 with 3 picks? What a joke.

Misdirection and disguised plays like the screen are not in Borges' playbook, just like they weren't in Debord's playbook. Borges is a line-'em up and run at you OC. This is Michigan after all, fergodsakes. We're going to run Michigan's plays and it doesn't matter whether you know what they are or not. If we can just execute these 5 plays perfectly, then we'll win, if not, well, you know...

Misdirection would've worked the last 2 games, instead we ran the straight stuff and kicked 7 fg's.

Misdirection and disguised plays like the screen are not in Borges' playbook, just like they weren't in Debord's playbook. Borges is a line-'em up and run at you OC. This is Michigan after all, fergodsakes. We're going to run Michigan's plays and it doesn't matter whether you know what they are or not. If we can just execute these 5 plays perfectly, then we'll win, if not, well, you know...

Misdirection would've worked the last 2 games, instead we ran the straight stuff and kicked 7 fg's.

Exactly. And how I wish we had one viable WR.

Back