Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Breaking News: Va Tech Shooting

ANOTHER shooting at VaTech?

The only logical conclusion one can reach is that there aren't enough guns on that campus to prevent such crimes.

At this juncture, it doesn't sound like a "traditional all-American school shooting," just random crime. From the AP Wire:<blockquote>A campus police officer was killed following a routine traffic stop shortly after noon, and a second victim was found in a nearby parking lot, the school said in a statement. There were witnesses to the shooting.
The shooter fled on foot and his status is unknown, the school said.

"Everyone has been directed to stay indoors, lock all exterior doors and stay away from the windows," school spokesman Dana Cruikshank told Reuters.
</blockquote>

Yeah, sounds like the guy got pulled over and would have had to face more than a ticket. But still, to be on or around that campus and have this come up again is awful. The fact that another person - said to be a student - was shot following the exchange with police is terrible.

Terrible. Just terrible. I can't help but feel bad for Virginia Tech along with the family of the officer.

sounds like the second guy they found dead was the original shooter. I guess... they needed to bring out multiple SWAT teams, lock down the campus, and create a afternoon media circus to catch a guy who was already dead right in front of them(?)

that's some nice police work there, lou.

MichChamp02 said:
sounds like the second guy they found dead was the original shooter. I guess... they needed to bring out multiple SWAT teams, lock down the campus, and create a afternoon media circus to catch a guy who was already dead right in front of them(?)

that's some nice police work there, lou.

What the fuck? this is the first Ive heard the second deceased person was the shooter. Wow, talk about shocking. I feel for Blacksburg, especially since people for hours were under the assumption that the shooter was still at large. I just dont understand, If they had the guys description and attire, and it obviously must have matched the person dead in the parking lots clothes. I know authorities have to be extremely cautious in these situations, but damn...

Back