Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Casual Fantasy Baseball (Looking For 1 More)

KAWDUP said:
I was in two money leagues for years, one with an auction, keepers, and kept player salary increases, the other drafting with keepers.

Over the 13 years, I won a grand total of 1 time. Finally the effort and expense to keep up with software, books, and subscriptions etc. finally got to me.

I'd be up for a casual league. That way when I completely suck, I just end up in last place, and don't lose any money.

If I am accepted - Saturday at 2:30 is the draft? Crap I better go out and hit the bookstores tonight. What is the rule with pickup order for teams in the first week when your selectees get sent down?

Each waiver claim moves you to the back of the line for priority and the order does not reset.

Only 1 or 2 openings left depending on if Theo finally joins up or not and Kawdup gets in... Yea I am calling you out Theo... Find a computer and check your friggin email!!! Haha

I don't do any research. I just show up and draft an average team and hope for the best. I just got into an 18 team auction draft for tonight, so guys like Inge might look good towards the end.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't do any research. I just show up and draft an average team and hope for the best. I just got into an 18 team auction draft for tonight, so guys like Inge might look good towards the end.

That sounds like a crazy auction draft...18 teams is a lot. Let me know how long that draft takes!

michiganmania said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I don't do any research. I just show up and draft an average team and hope for the best. I just got into an 18 team auction draft for tonight, so guys like Inge might look good towards the end.

That sounds like a crazy auction draft...18 teams is a lot. Let me know how long that draft takes!

Never done one quite so big so we'll see. But for anyone that hasn't done an auction style, its the most fun of the drafts IMO.

I have not heard from Theo on here at all...Damn Packers Fans are a pain!!! Looking for somebody to take his team slot as he has not responded to emails or messages on here at all. Draft is tomorrow!

Come on, somebody help us out.....there has to be somebody left out there who's not involved in too many leagues and reads this board daily.

Think how much fun it will be to kick Mitch's ass.

looks like you're not going to get that last team in time. You should delay it a few days...maybe monday or tuesday night.

Are we still doing this? I need to know quickly so I can make other plans.

I hope it's on, it's kinda last minute to cancel if everyone planned on being here to draft.

We just need someone to step up in the next couple hours.

I see 1 hour before the draft, it was cancelled.

That's cutting it pretty fine, a little more notice would have been great, I could have worked today....

I think he just wanted to see if we'd get another before calling. But not much you can do, we had someone and he didn't join. Just bad luck.

Invite sent for last spot...Sorry about the missed draft today guys. Scheduled for next weekend. Let me know if the date works...

So draft is confirmed tomorrow?

Also I see in the settings that lineups are locked for the week, beginning at the start of the week?

If true can this be changed to daily lineup changes, if we lose someone to injury, we'll be screwed for the rest of the week if we cant change the lineup.

Tomorrow could be tough for me. I have to take my Dad somewhere and not sure I'll be back in time.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Tomorrow could be tough for me. I have to take my Dad somewhere and not sure I'll be back in time.

Well then we all need to get together and sort this out, hopefully league manager can get something decided today, so we dont have another last minute cancellation.

Back