Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

CHANGES AT THE BIGHOUSE this year

That whole Student Section change made quite a splash when it was announced

i remember my senior year seats...

this one toolshed my friends grudgingly accepted as part of our social circle insisted we pool all our tickets in with a larger group, so we ended up getting worse seats than we had previously.

in the end, he never sat with us anyway... instead tagging along with the sorority girls he was always trying to nail (never successfully as far as anyone could tell) each week.

under this new policy, we wouldn't have had that problem.

man, that guy sucked.

The student section earned it. They did a piss poor job showing up for games. That's being nice about it.

I know old guys always complain about the habits and what-have-yous of younger guys, but it does seem like the students are more idiotic on game days than we were...

in my day, sure people got wasted and acted stupid, but there seemed to be a certain understanding that "hey, we know we're acting stupid, and it's just a football game. we're not going to really do anything dumb."

the last couple years, there's been a more militant attitude among some of the spoiled drunk brat kinda students; I've seen visitors get drinks thrown on them and verbally assaulted like they were in Columbus or something.

and yelling "You Suck" after Temptation is dumb too. We were NOT doing that in '02. I'm not sure when it started, but it must've been around the mid-00's.

...yelling "You Suck" after Temptation is dumb too. We were NOT doing that in '02. I'm not sure when it started, but it must've been around the mid-00's.

What the hell's all that about? Who alledgedly "sucks" when Temptation is done? The band? The opponent? The composer?

and yelling "You Suck" after Temptation is dumb too. We were NOT doing that in '02. I'm not sure when it started, but it must've been around the mid-00's.

I've hated that since I first heard it. Just dumb. A quick emailed video message from Denard could have ended it.

What the hell's all that about? Who alledgedly "sucks" when Temptation is done? The band? The opponent? The composer?

technically, I suppose it's the opponents offense, but it could be someone else.

maybe the old folks in section 41 or whatever it is across the Stadium?

Fan participation was not as mechanized when I was a student. There was the "GO!" "BLUE!" cheer and the fight song stuff and that's about it.

I hate the You Suck chant. It's classless. I understand getting drunk and having a good time, but verbally abusing other fans should never occur. I just don't understand that mentality. I go to the game to root for my team, not to berate other fans. That stupidity happens way too often now.

Also, get to the damn game on time. The half empty student section at kickoff is embarrassing.

I hate the You Suck chant. It's classless. I understand getting drunk and having a good time, but verbally abusing other fans should never occur. I just don't understand that mentality. I go to the game to root for my team, not to berate other fans. That stupidity happens way too often now.

Also, get to the damn game on time. The half empty student section at kickoff is embarrassing.

I still don't understand who is supposed to be the recipient of "you suck..."

Fan participation was not as mechanized when I was a student. There was the "GO!" "BLUE!" cheer and the fight song stuff and that's about it.

When I started going to the games as a kid in the early 70's...when Michigan would screw up, like fumble, or throw an interception, the fans would start chanting a long "ooooooooooh" followed by a very punctuated "SHIT!"

Do you remember that?

My Freshman year was the infamous "F*** the Seminoles" chant, along with extended middle fingers and a mocked tomahawk chop. Of course FSU kicked the crap out of Michigan that game ....

And the "You Suck!" at the end of Temptation is lame. I feel like it has been going on for a while, though, as we started going back in 2003 pretty regularly. Lamest with the "You Suck!" is that it was being done by students during games Michigan was losing ...so no, the opponent doesn't "suck."

When I started going to the games as a kid in the early 70's...when Michigan would screw up, like fumble, or throw an interception, the fans would start chanting a long "ooooooooooh" followed by a very punctuated "SHIT!"

Do you remember that?

Can't say that I do. I never said that in the mid-late 70s.

My Freshman year was the infamous "F*** the Seminoles" chant, along with extended middle fingers and a mocked tomahawk chop. Of course FSU kicked the crap out of Michigan that game ....

I was there on the opposite side of the student section. It was quite a spectacle to witness. The chant as well.

Back