Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cliff Avril

baitnbat

Guy needs paid. He showed up huge in this game except for the horsecollar, but hes having a huge season and deserves the money

Paid is fine. But not by the lions.
The kid has one move. A speed rush to the outside. We already have too much money wrapped up in this D-line to pay a guy like that.

brewer228 said:
The kid has one move. A speed rush to the outside. We already have too much money wrapped up in this D-line to pay a guy like that.
Lions will pay him.

IDK Suh's not doing much prob due to double teaming.....That shud leave guys like Avril open. I think KVB's good days are over. He looks out of position alot.

brewer228 said:

numbers don't lie..cliff's been our best pass rusher..look at his sacks for his career...its only getting better...you get rid of kvb then before avril if its too much money.. or corey williams.

Suh does not have the stats, sacks and shit but he's having a nice year.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Suh does not have the stats, sacks and shit but he's having a nice year.
For being their strongest suit, the DL hasn't lived up to expectations. Carson had way too much time today.

adam86107 said:
I thought Fairley was suppose to be in today, I never saw him

I think I did once or twice. I did see Suh on the sidelines for 4-5 plays in a row.

Pay him...the horsecollar was bullshit. He grabbed the jersey between the shoulderblades. Not even close to a horsecollar.

I've always been a Avril fan. He tends to get a little worked up from time to time but hes progressed every year hes been here and hes still pretty fucking young so there's really no reason to believe he wont continue to get better.

Fork the $'s over, cut KVB and you still have a stellar rotation if you can keep LoJack and Willie Young around.

Pay him, pay da man his maneys...

lionsftw said:
I've always been a Avril fan. He tends to get a little worked up from time to time but hes progressed every year hes been here and hes still pretty fucking young so there's really no reason to believe he wont continue to get better.

Fork the $'s over, cut KVB and you still have a stellar rotation if you can keep LoJack and Willie Young around.

Pay him, pay da man his maneys...

Oooh, Rounders! Let's keep the movie theme going!

all i know is..pass rushers don't grow on trees..you shouldn't let them go if you have them especially young ones...people can hate on him all they want...but look at his sacks for his career now every year...his play is speaking for himself..it's not like he's a one year wonder....i would agree if he was asking for a crap ton of money...i'm sure he'll still get a nice contract...but we'll see

How long in KVB signed for? KVB has been a bit off this season. If I see another play where he rushes the QB and then see him double take the other way as the RB fly by him..damn.

KVB has slowed of late but his presence alone is gold. He makes that team work harder. His leadership is what this team needs. His motor is great and he still has posted some nice numbers for us (7 sacks? off the top of my head).

As for Avril. I hope the Lions re-sign him. He's getting better at his trade, and that trade is getting to the QB. We all know he doesn't play the run all too well but his skills to get to the QB are improving. The Lions will pay him.....

tonyballs said:
KVB has slowed of late but his presence alone is gold. He makes that team work harder. His leadership is what this team needs. His motor is great and he still has posted some nice numbers for us (7 sacks? off the top of my head).

As for Avril. I hope the Lions re-sign him. He's getting better at his trade, and that trade is getting to the QB. We all know he doesn't play the run all too well but his skills to get to the QB are improving. The Lions will pay him.....

Yeah you're right. Just tired of the over pursuing I guess.

:)

You get get a 3rd rd DE that produces more than KVB. His presence in the locker room and at practice is key though. Lojack and Avril should be the starters moving forward. as long as he still wants to be here and not chase a ridiculous amount of money the lions wont pay...he'll be a lion. Should be extending him and CJ now anyways...dunno what theyre waiting for.

mhughes0021 said:
You get get a 3rd rd DE that produces more than KVB. His presence in the locker room and at practice is key though. Lojack and Avril should be the starters moving forward. as long as he still wants to be here and not chase a ridiculous amount of money the lions wont pay...he'll be a lion. Should be extending him and CJ now anyways...dunno what theyre waiting for.

I'm pretty sure both the players and management are focused on getting into the playoffs right now... not contract statuses. I'm guessing both Avril and CJ have been told that negotiations will start as soon as the seasons over

Back