Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Congratulations B1G! F@CK ohio

RABID

Last night was really a no-win situation for me.
I wanted the B1G to win, AND I wanted the suckeyes to get bitchslapped.
Fuck me. Can't have both. So I go into the game indifferent. Confused. Perplexed.:hmm:

I can't root for ohio no matter how hard I try. Even though I want a NC for the B1G, every time fosu scores I throw up a little in my mouth. :ugh: Every time they fuck up, I can't help but smile and each turnover (which I did enjoy 4 times) I hear Nelson from the Simpsons "HAH haww".

The alternative was The Oregon John-Deers knocking the B1G out of the title game and having the rest of the nation poo-pooing our conference... Again. Don't want that either. Can't get behind the quackers. Can't get behind ohio. sigh. :shrug:

But I digress...

So the dirtiest program in the history of college football (arguably outside of the 1990s Miami Hurricanes) was crowned in the first NC playoff.

Oh well. At least it was a good old fashioned dick stomping, and nobody can question the complete dominance of the B1G in the Bowls this year. I like the feeling of our conference dominating the nations elite teams. :tup:

So IMHO, the result of last night NC game really was the best case scenario. The lesser of two evils. The end justifies the means. Without substituting teams I can't think of a better outcome, and here's why-

Positives:
-The B1G looks STRONG like donkey Kong after the big Bowl wins. :yay:
-Mighty Alabama and the SEC took major lumps from the B1G. :bat:
(I believe this was the first time fosu has ever beaten an SEC team. ANY SEC team. Ever. Yes, ever.)
-National Respect for the B1G, and the hiring of our lord and savior Jim Harbaugh will get the attention of the nations top recruits, and this weekend is one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the year. :nod:
- The rest of the B1G bowl victories are validated. These were the schools that kept ohio from looking like the dominant machine that they are. R.E.S.P.E.C.T my authoritah! :rush:
- Sparty looks even better (as they fall deeper into the shadows of ambiguity ) and JH will no doubt use their successes to motivate our team. They did have a "pretty good season" crowned with a thrumming of the butt-hurt Baylor Bears feeling snubbed for missing the playoffs. Sparty is for real, and they were validated. B1G=Respect.
- the fuckeyes NC will fuel the motivational speeches of JH.
(Hey we have hung with them the last two years. Therefore anything can happen with a superior coaching staff... Right?)
- Walmart is having a sale on khakis. :lmao:

So to the vile bucknuts of Columbus I offer my Congratulations, my Respect, and a heartfelt Thanks for making the B1G look good. :clap:
I also offer my middle finger, and a promise to point my rear South every time I break wind. >:D

It's a good day for the B1G.
It's a good day to hate ohio.
It's a good day to be a Michigan Wolverine.
Cheers. :cheers:

~This message brought to you by the National Emoj Union of America ~

Last edited:
To all Buckeyes, I hate your team, your coach, and I offer no congratulations.

Go Blue! Get a win in Columbus tonight!

as a buckeye by birth I cheered a little bit. But overall am tired of OSU and its smugness, obnoxiousness etc

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I cannot get on board the B1G train. It was already clear that a B1G champion will be considered for the playoff, therefore it was and would have continued to be in the hands of the team, the team, the team to win a national championship. If anything, I'd say it hurts that they now have one more thing to hold over our heads on the recruiting trail.

If this were still the BCS era, sure. If suck it up for the sake of making sure that next year if it's Michigan and Bama sitting there at 2/3, Michigan gets the mood because of the strength of their conference. The ACC and Big 12 are going to have to supply an undefeated team each year to get in. Even this year a 13-0 FSU team was on the bubble (and had already gotten destroyed in the Rose Bowl) and there's not another marquee program in that conference that's even close to being relevant.

The ONLY silver lining I can even consider as such is the fact that, as poor as our team has performed over the past 7 years, they have been toe to toe with those fuckers for the past two seasons. There's clearly enough talent on the roster to compete for a national championship within the next few years and now we have the staff to do so. Bring it on, because when Michigan beats them next Thanksgiving weekend, it will cap an amazing season that we'll remember the rest of our lives.

Fuck OSU, GO BLUE!

If TCU had beaten Baylor, odds are pretty high they would have gone into the playoffs instead of OSU because the B1G was still considered to be very weak relative to the other conferences coupled with them playing their 3rd string QB. Also, if OSU doesn't destroy Wisconsin, TCU would likely have been going instead.

In current format, a major conference winner will be getting left out. 5 major conferences, 4 spots...conference strength is still a major player in deciding who gets in.

In current format, a major conference winner will be getting left out. 5 major conferences, 4 spots...conference strength is still a major player in deciding who gets in.

Win your games and you're in. Don't win your games, you're not. It's very simple. Maybe someday all 5 power conferences will have undefeated champions, if that so happens to be when Michigan is undefeated, well I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

In the meantime, schedule a solid OOC and win. I'm pretty confident that a 13-0 Michigan team is getting in.

Win your games and you're in. Don't win your games, you're not. It's very simple. Maybe someday all 5 power conferences will have undefeated champions, if that so happens to be when Michigan is undefeated, well I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

In the meantime, schedule a solid OOC and win. I'm pretty confident that a 13-0 Michigan team is getting in.

Going 13-0 is extremely difficult. While it's something to shoot for it'd be nice to still have a chance at final four with a record of 12-1 if the Big Ten conference is looked upon with respect. Hopefully the conference is trending upwards for a while now.

Hard or not, if you don't do it and get left out, that's on you. That's why I think it's stupid that people complain about their region in the NCAA tournament. If you want to be the champion, you have to win and beat good teams. It's really not that difficult to comprehend.

I get that going undefeated is tough. I'm sick of excuses. Win the damn games and you're in. Win 11+ games a year and you're going to get the benefit of the doubt.

Hard or not, if you don't do it and get left out, that's on you. That's why I think it's stupid that people complain about their region in the NCAA tournament. If you want to be the champion, you have to win and beat good teams. It's really not that difficult to comprehend.

I get that going undefeated is tough. I'm sick of excuses. Win the damn games and you're in. Win 11+ games a year and you're going to get the benefit of the doubt.

We're not talking about excuses here. I want Michigan to go 13-0 as much as anybody and if they don't of course it's on them. I'm talking about how it would be nice for us as fans to still have a shot if there are a bunch of 12-1 teams, and Michigan ends up being selected due to the perceived strength of the conference. Shouldn't we want that to be the case?

We're not talking about excuses here. I want Michigan to go 13-0 as much as anybody and if they don't of course it's on them. I'm talking about how it would be nice for us as fans to still have a shot if there are a bunch of 12-1 teams, and Michigan ends up being selected due to the perceived strength of the conference. Shouldn't we want that to be the case?

Nope. The price is too steep.

I think it's not going to matter in a year or two, this system will be bumped to 8 teams. What happened this year with Baylor and TCU ruffled a lot of feathers.

I think it's not going to matter in a year or two, this system will be bumped to 8 teams. What happened this year with Baylor and TCU ruffled a lot of feathers.

It will never stop. Go to 8, 9&10 are bitching. However, it's pretty damn stupid that the plan is to have 5 "power conferences" and only 4 spots. That was inevitably going to cause problems.

Eight teams is perfect. If you can't make the top eight, you don't have a legitimate argument. You can bitch all you want. No one will care.

Eight teams is perfect. If you can't make the top eight, you don't have a legitimate argument. You can bitch all you want. No one will care.

Team 69 bitches every year after the NCAA basketball tournament selection.

They have the NIT, but still they bitch.

Team 69 bitches every year after the NCAA basketball tournament selection.

They have the NIT, but still they bitch.

That's a completely different animal. They bitch because of automatic bids for smaller conferences. All those automatic bids sets that up. No one ends up caring either way.

until the 8 seed wins the NC and the 9th team had the same record and actually beat the #8 team during the regular season.

until the 8 seed wins the NC and the 9th team had the same record and actually beat the #8 team during the regular season.

I'll take my chances. If that were to happen, then chances are the 9 is going to have more losses, in which case, they haven't got a legitimate gripe.

I'll take my chances. If that were to happen, then chances are the 9 is going to have more losses, in which case, they haven't got a legitimate gripe.

2013 teams 8-13 all had 2 losses
2012 teams 6-12 all had 2 losses plus Clemson at 14
2011 teams 8-11 all had 2 losses plus UM at 13
2010 teams 8,11-14 had 2 losses plus MSU & Boise St were ranked 9 & 10 with one loss each.

Back