Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cop handcuffs on-duty firefighter for not moving truck

oh no... cops have done much stupider things. at least they didn't shoot him dead then claim he later pointed a gun at them, like maybe hundreds of other cops have done.

you'd ahve to agree though, pretty fucking stupid though. the firefighter was doing has damn job. you are suppose to use ur engine to block traffic like that.

I am not surprised, as I know that cops are usually not very bright.

most cops are smarter then this though. most cops knwo from their OWN training that this has to happen. hell they do it themselves with their cruisers

a couple years ago, both police and fire showed up to rescue some lunkhead who fell into the Chicago River in the middle of winter, and I remember there was a bit of a scandal because the fire chief laid out one of the responding cops after squabbling over who got to make the rescue.

firemen can be dumb too.

Another example of the Lizard Brain at work and the devolution of humanity.

there comes a time at an accident where its possible to safely transition from blocking 2 or 3 or 4 lanes to only blocking 1 or 2 or 3 lanes. Once there is a 2 mile back up of bumper to bumper traffic going 3-5 mph movement its not unrealistic to think a fireman could reassess danger. But they don't or rarely do because they have egocentric hero complexes. I'm not saying this was the case here that led to the confrontation but I will entertain the possibility.
Its statistically more dangerous to deliver pizza's than it is to be a fireman.

The BLS keeps track of such things. Look it up, I did. I should clarify I am referencing fatalities on the job.

I will add that my pizza crack, was a bit of hyperbole and not really the point of my post.
But as to the "dangers" of being a firefighter their on the job death rates are below national averages for all jobs combined which atcually makes them fairly safe. Add to that the leading cause of fire fighter deaths are heart attacks, which count in the numbers. Fire fighter deaths have been dropping for a few years and a leading reason is an industry move to get them to fasten seat belts, lose weight and get in shape. Not exactly the stuff of "danger".

Last edited:
huh. do heart attack deaths count in the death rates of other professions?

I'd imagine those would be the leading cause of death for most white collar professions (doctors, lawyers, accountants, insurance under-writers, management consultants, etc. or a combination of heart attack and too much coke if you're an investment banker, or leveraged buyout guy). that or suicide.

at least firemen get good health insurance; can't really say that for pizza delivery workers.

Back