Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Coronainsanity

man, south park has really gone down hill. that wasn't even funny.

did they stop getting high as hell before they write scripts?

Don?t know, never sat in on a script meeting.

The episode I posted is from 2012, however recent or not that is.

Terrible decision to close gyms.

this will force Los Angelans on to the railroad tracks for exercise, resulting in many more deaths.

Thing is, gyms, bars, restaurants whatever; people are cramming themselves together like sardines into supermarkets now.

There?s a lot of violations of the 6 foot rule going on right there.

For all intensive purpose we are essentially under Marshall or not far from it. this is all now going to cause more problems and death than the virus itself IMO

Marshall?

I think you mean martial law

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall?

I think you mean martial law

TinselWolverine from here down

I almost didn’t have the heart to point out that the expression is “all intents and purposes,” not “intensive purposes.”

I would say that San Francisco is close to being technically under martial law, however the article pointed out that there is no way of knowing how stringently it will be in enforced.

In Italy it says authorities have been simply telling people to go back home.

It does seem a little counterintuitive to shove a whole bunch of people who are out of their house on “non-essential” activities into a cramped tiny little jail cell.

CRAP! I edited your post when I meant to quote it. Sorry.

Go ahead and put back in the stuff I took out if you want.

Last edited:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/2020/03/16/coronavirus-sports-schedules-nba-mlb-nhl/5064939002/
How will sports leagues put schedules back together after coronavirus hiatus?
Freep

I think all pro sports are probably not going to happen for the rest of this calendar year. Maybe football would set up some sort of abridged season, but who knows?

I'm curious how things are going in China; there hasn't been as much news out of there since covid-19 blew up in Europe and here. Are they over it? I can't imagine a two-week quarantine is going to be enough, when it's still hitting the rest of the world and people are going to travel around again ASAP.

I think all pro sports are probably not going to happen for the rest of this calendar year. Maybe football would set up some sort of abridged season, but who knows?

I'm curious how things are going in China; there hasn't been as much news out of there since covid-19 blew up in Europe and here. Are they over it? I can't imagine a two-week quarantine is going to be enough, when it's still hitting the rest of the world and people are going to travel around again ASAP.

I think it depends. If we are doing a good job it will peak later but last longer.

This is a pretty good article.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-flatten-the-curve.html

China is starting to get back to normal - even at ground zero for the virus in Wuhan province. last week they closed the last of the 16 temporary hospitals they opened in Wuhan and they have loosened restrictions and reopening factories.

L.A. Releases Hundreds Of Inmates, Illegal Aliens From Jail To ‘Combat’ Coronavirus

What could possibly go wrong?

What was the first? I just hope Tinsel doesn't find himself in an Escape from LA movie.

A while ago, maybe a few years, some of us were joking about walling off all the coastal libs on both coasts in Escape from New York/Escape from LA scenarios.

Does anybody remember that riff and some of the detes?

Back