Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Covid - 19

Gulo Blue

I didn't see a science-oriented thread on this yet where this plot was a good fit. South Korea has been doing the drive through tests that I've heard we are trying to implement in New York. (Italy is 60 million people and South Korea is 51 million)

s4nnrlvrcim41.png

I didn't see a science-oriented thread on this yet where this plot was a good fit. South Korea has been doing the drive through tests that I've heard we are trying to implement in New York. (Italy is 60 million people and South Korea is 51 million)

I think the South Korean numbers are a bit misleading; I read they had largely contained it (having had more experience with SARS than Western countries), but a single, stupid person lead to an explosion in cases when she went to her megachurch and a buffet dinner, ignoring her doctors requests to get tested and stay home.

(I wrote about it in the "Christians Behaving Badly" thread)

But, yeah.

Also worrying, in our case, the White House apparently let the Pentagon and CIA take the lead on planning our domestic response and classified all the proceedings. We're doomed...

I found this comparison of transmission/mortality rates from Flu, Covid-19, SARS and MERS. I remember SARS, but not MERS. Kinda surprising how low the numbers for each of those are, but I guess the health departments involved in SARS did a better job.

Link.

covid-19 is more virulent, and 30 times more deadly than the flu. and according to the professor who posted this, the latter is using conservative measurements for Covid-19 mortality, because no one really knows.

Me, and my wife are within a few feet of covid-19 test’s every day we work. :(

It’s freaking kinda of nerve-racking. She works 4 days a weeks, and with my back I only work a few days. Her lab has been closed and she was redeployed to another site.

Check this out.
Her company said they would give 80 hours of pay if you missed work. They call it redeployment. If your called you have to go or it’s no pay. If your not called you get part of the 80 hours. The. Once the 80 hours is used you have to use your vacation hours if you have any. So they said that last week. She wasn’t called for about 2 day. Today there was a email saying that after April 13 the 80 hours would not be available anymore. Plus if you refuse redeployment they can now fire you.

Last edited:
Hello? Hello? Is anybody here?

I?ve been waiting for like, almost two years now?

This can be the place I post all the scary articles I've read over the last couple years on studies linking COVID-19 to impaired brain function, the pre-mature aging and weakening of the immune system, links to increased cancer rates from decreased/degraded T-cells, and the like.

On the BA-2 mutation of omicron.

On premature aging of the immune system and future susceptibility to COVID in Long-COVID sufferers (and others) (link).

This same guy (Anthony Leonardi) is apparently a PhD at Johns Hopkins and has been doing more research into why breakthrough cases occur, the differneces between people who get them and who don't, and effects at the cellular level.

I'm just linking to the tweets here, which have links of their own to discussions and papers on the topic in case people are interested. Not trying to change opinions here, which is, as some have noted, likely futile.

This can be the place I post all the scary articles I've read over the last couple years on studies linking COVID-19 to impaired brain function, the pre-mature aging and weakening of the immune system, links to increased cancer rates from decreased/degraded T-cells, and the like.

Cool.

Those are outliers not only to Covid but to respiratory viruses generally (from 2000).

While you?re doing that, I?ll post links to scary articles about people who were hit by buses (in this case a train).

Back